Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
How likely is it that selling clubs will be accepting so little up front though? Or can they register the full amount on their accounts?

Is £50m normal and healthy for a club our size? I'd love to know what the other top PL clubs look like, along with Bayern Munich etc
I think the 50M he is referring to is cash reserves, kind of like a rainy day fund burrowed away from previous operating profits that you could use if you are in a tight spot and need to inject a lot of cash to improve your position. I don't think that has any meaning beyond that. Even if he means putting money towards stadium redevelopment, that can be done by applying for a bank loan as it is essentially asset upkeep.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
How likely is it that selling clubs will be accepting so little up front though? Or can they register the full amount on their accounts?

Is £50m normal and healthy for a club our size? I'd love to know what the other top PL clubs look like, along with Bayern Munich etc
That’s why negotiations exists. Most clubs don’t need the full sum paid or even a majority of it, unless they’ve doubts over the other club’s finances eg. Barcelona.

It’s why the Ronaldo deal to Madrid was such a big deal. It was not just the world record deal at that time, but I believe the club requested for Madrid to pay it all upfront. They got off with a huge bargain to be fair.

Superunknown

It's been 20 days since Martinez put pen to paper and signed for us (our last signing), and 9 days since the opening loss to Brighton. We're being very slow. It took 9 days from the time we agreed the Martinez deal to get him to eventually sign, and about 11 from Eriksen's agreement before his eventual signing.

That all seems very slow to me. We're closer to the end of the window than we are to when we last signed somebody.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
The issue we’ve got now is I think even if we do sign FdJ and Cunha and whoever else, I think we’d still be in a bad position. Some of the current players have completely lost it, talent wise. Some couldn’t give a feck. Some were never good enough. Most don’t care about the club or it’s fans. The current set up is absolutely rotten and even 3/4 signings wouldn’t change that because they would inevitably be crap again.

You’d probably get the sense within United that something is up with the running of the club and the ownership. It’d be like joining a big company with old systems, lazy staff who’ve been in the same dead end role for 10 years and no sick pay. You’d quickly lose motivation to push yourself.

We need urgent investment in not just players but facilities, stadiums, higher management who know what they’re doing in football. All that needs sorting before we sign another £50m plus player because I guarantee it’d end up being a huge waste all over again.

Vapor trail

United are 100% going to have the worst place league finish recorded since SAF retired if no activity is transacted within the next two weeks. It's a guarantee.

redcucumber

The issue we’ve got now is I think even if we do sign FdJ and Cunha and whoever else, I think we’d still be in a bad position. Some of the current players have completely lost it, talent wise. Some couldn’t give a feck. Some were never good enough. Most don’t care about the club or it’s fans. The current set up is absolutely rotten and even 3/4 signings wouldn’t change that because they would inevitably be crap again.

You’d probably get the sense within United that something is up with the running of the club and the ownership. It’d be like joining a big company with old systems, lazy staff who’ve been in the same dead end role for 10 years and no sick pay. You’d quickly lose motivation to push yourself.

We need urgent investment in not just players but facilities, stadiums, higher management who know what they’re doing in football. All that needs sorting before we sign another £50m plus player because I guarantee it’d end up being a huge waste all over again.
Yep. I do think if we'd have done all of our major business early on in the window, it would have galvanised the squad and given it a fresh feel. The way it transpired with only Malacia going on tour was fecking insanity. It was the same squad that was rotten to its core last season, FFS!!! Our board are so fecking hopeless.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Why hasnt even Rabiot been confirmed yet? Is he considering his options after the start to the season? We dont look that pro-active unless they announce 5 signings in one day I would be concerned we have no money available and it will be a long season.

Also strikes me that we have to sell players before we can recruit any, which is crazy and thinning the squad further, after freeing up £48.1m in wages from players leaving in the summer.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
This is a disaster and we only have 2 weeks to sort it. I was expecting to hear a fair bit of movement Sunday/Monday. United need to blow the alleged budget out of the water if we are to do anything of note this season.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Why hasnt even Rabiot been confirmed yet? Is he considering his options after the start to the season? We dont look that pro-active unless they announce 5 signings in one day I would be concerned we have no money available and it will be a long season.

Also strikes me that we have to sell players before we can recruit any, which is crazy and thinning the squad further, after freeing up £48.1m in wages from players leaving in the summer.
His agent is known for being a ball buster, much like Raiola in that regard, look at his youth clubs to know how much he moves around, and that's simply due to trying to get the best for the player (money or whatever) - but he left PSG after a drawn out public sage wanting a guaranteed spot in the team etc, then Juve trying to get him to leave, like they did with Ramsey, but he refused to terminate his contract.

He and his agent are obviously entitled to get the best deal possible, but he strikes me as someone who'd want money over career (which is a red flag) and as such, Rabiots agent is probably loving our current situation and is most likely trying to squeeze an extra few ££ onto his deal.

United are genuinely scraping the bottom of the barrel with this type of signing, the player being a "name" but as a player, not very good, which means we're getting our pants pulled down, yet again.

Chukwuemeka would have been a better bet, same money but English.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
"10 NeW pLaYeRs iS uNrEaLisTiC" :houllier: :houllier:

Arsenal - 5 players, looking to sign more
Chelsea - 5 transfers, looking to sign more
Tottenham - 6 new transfers
Barcelona - 5 new transfers
Manchester United (after a shocking season and with a new manager and a woeful squad) - 3 transfers. Neither of which address any of the big problems in the squad. Some of which have persisted for years.

We could have signed 6 new players and promoted some more. Sure, maybe not 10, but with smart and efficient buying we could have easily gotten to 8 at least. But no, apparently it's unrealistic because Joe Bloggs on the Caf says so, despite other teams clearly able to do it. It has nothing to do with inability and everything to do with sheer and overwhelming incompetence on every level in the club.
How many clubs have outspent us this summer? Villa, Nottingham Forest, West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal etc etc. This club is an embarrassment at all levels but for ten Hag who had to inherit a complete mess. The fact his people are now briefing to the media of their disappointment in the transfer window is alarming. This is the new club structure that some of you have been talking up. Where the feck are all of you now? This type of support of the club is parasitic in its own way, as it continues to enable and empower the powers running the club.
Remember when people were laughed on here for panicking ? fun times
Stop being negative you guys! Don't you know its only 2 games into the season! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Stop moaning, everything will be fine because... b-because it just will okay!!!!
Wolves have now taken their spending well above United. Where are the apologists now?
Where are the naive idiots who said in July all good and we have time?
They'll be back in the winter window to give sermons. PositiveVibes FC!!!

redcucumber

Accidentally posted in another thread. Probably more fitting here than the video thread.

TL :: DR : take a chill pill

Ed Woodward was here for almost a decade and it really wasn't until the tail end of that that the majority of fans saw through his facade and pinpointed him as one of the major bottlenecks in this club being successful again.

Fans turned on Moyes immediately, then LVG then Jose and even Ole before the general consensus was Woodward was Ultimately responsible and the numb nuts started showing up outside his house.

The new guys have been on the job and the same numb nuts , both in Manchester and online , are quick to anger and judgement before a single transfer window has gone by. One in which it's a new manager that just joined , one who dismissed the technical consultant who was in place and lined up target suggestions. We started from scratch with Rangnick gone.

And yet here we are - the pain and resentment that built up over so many years is being misdirected because of fear of the same sht happening again. I get it. But my goodness it's leading to some unhinged behavior like showing up at the new ceos house and the after he does a solid of opening up, trashing him on Twitter and calling it a PR stunt.

Maybe it was a PR stunt but thats a moot point when you look at the thuggish behavior leading up.

One transfer window. One season. You have to give them all at least that. No matter how painful the process might seem. You're a fan not running the damn club. Right now the forum and stadium is just full of pain and resentment. It will take great restraint to get through this as a fan without coming off as entitled, unreasonable and insufferable.

Might as well channel the namesake here:

B E L I E V E
I don't like to pick individual's out, but I was looking back through the earlier pages of the thread and wanted to know if people were still keeping the faith @Ted Lasso?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
This transfer window might break even the staunchest top reds.

Ted Lasso

I don't like to pick individual's out, but I was looking back through the earlier pages of the thread and wanted to know if people were still keeping the faith @Ted Lasso?
Very fair question. I was patient as I could be for a while but have changed my tune. I feel like I was more fair than I needed to be and my faith in competency of our club hierarchy has been dipped in shite and served to me on expensive china shamelessly.

Now they want us to eat up the idea that Ronaldo single handedly is the cause for ruin along with blaming ETH for didling on the FDJ transfer. I certainly fault ETH to a degree but this all goes upstream.

How they go, I don't know...something something head to toe...a PG version of a metaphorical refrain of the disdain. So yes, I'm 180.

DutchCruijff

The club is disgraceful.

We need 6 players MORE.

A GK, RB, CDM, CM, FW and #9.

And we're scrapping it out for Rabiot and some random other unknowns. We're in such trouble. How can we not have been linked to a single RB? Why are we still chasing after De Jong? Why is it the last CDM we bought in their prime was Owen fecking Hargreaves? How can the club not see obvious flaws with De Gea, Fernandes and Rashford? What was the point of Martinez as a CB if he is going to be hooked at HT in Game 2?

The club, including Ten Hag, have grossly overestimated the squad, preseason performances and underestimated the EPL.

redcucumber

Very fair question. I was patient as I could be for a while but have changed my tune. I feel like I was more fair than I needed to be and my faith in competency of our club hierarchy has been dipped in shite and served to me on expensive china shamelessly.

Now they want us to eat up the idea that Ronaldo single handedly is the cause for ruin along with blaming ETH for didling on the FDJ transfer. I certainly fault ETH to a degree but this all goes upstream.

How they go, I don't know...something something head to toe...a PG version of a metaphorical refrain of the disdain. So yes, I'm 180.
:lol: can't really argue with that. I was also hopeful at the start of the summer that we would get our proverbial shit together and properly back ten Hag, but the house of cards has come crashing down about as violently as possible. Slightly disagree re. the Ronaldo situation as I do think he presents a unique case with regards to his ego and profile being a significant issue in the dressing, but he absolutely is not the single reason for what is happening.

Kinky Melinky

Just baffled and bewildered really. I normally don't get too badly pulled into the transfer muppetry of it all but this is just plain disappointing. It's incompetent on so many levels when it's so glaringly obvious that we are a totally broken team in dire need of mending.

RedOrange

It's been 20 days since Martinez put pen to paper and signed for us (our last signing), and 9 days since the opening loss to Brighton. We're being very slow. It took 9 days from the time we agreed the Martinez deal to get him to eventually sign, and about 11 from Eriksen's agreement before his eventual signing.

That all seems very slow to me. We're closer to the end of the window than we are to when we last signed somebody.
Every club approached this late in the window is going to hold out until deadline day to maximize the the transfer fee.

croadyman

The club is disgraceful.

We need 6 players MORE.

A GK, RB, CDM, CM, FW and #9.

And we're scrapping it out for Rabiot and some random other unknowns. We're in such trouble. How can we not have been linked to a single RB? Why are we still chasing after De Jong? Why is it the last CDM we bought in their prime was Owen fecking Hargreaves? How can the club not see obvious flaws with De Gea, Fernandes and Rashford? What was the point of Martinez as a CB if he is going to be hooked at HT in Game 2?

The club, including Ten Hag, have grossly overestimated the squad, preseason performances and underestimated the EPL.
Have totalled nailed it with this post, expected to see some proper movement after that humiliation on Sat. Looking very much like we won't get anyone in time to play on Mon which is a joke.

croadyman

My predictions:

- We'll sign Rabiot just before the window closes
- We'll sign a Vardy-esque striker on deadline day
- Ronaldo will leave on deadline day.
Means one of McFred will play regularly, where is the RB & RW we so desperately need as well

bosskeano

here's how we should close out the window....

sell Ronaldo again
Buy Attackers....Cunha, Moussa Dembele and either Ziyech or Pulisic(both seem on the outs with Tuchel)
Buy RB.....Sergino Dest
Buy CM.....looks like Rabiot but fuk me i can't believe we haven't been able to find better options

Son

It just doesn’t make sense all these clubs are playing hard ball or players don’t want to come.

Its 110% us not having the money this summer after the pandemic and wanting to low ball everyone basically or get free transfers.

The fact we can’t sell anyone is the main pressing issue btw. It’s a disgrace how we can’t even get rid of good players.

No wonder we don’t have much cash. Our club just buys and gives away for free assets. That’s not a business it’s a charity.

FerociousCorgis

It just doesn’t make sense all these clubs are playing hard ball or players don’t want to come.

Its 110% us not having the money this summer after the pandemic and wanting to low ball everyone basically or get free transfers.

The fact we can’t sell anyone is the main pressing issue btw. It’s a disgrace how we can’t even get rid of good players.

No wonder we don’t have much cash. Our club just buys and gives away for free assets. That’s not a business it’s a charity.
what doesnt make sense to me is to my knowledge there were plenty of free transfers available this summer that we didnt seem to be interested for. I just dont understand this fecking club. Do no business in january so we could hit summer window running, yet we diddled around and got nothing done.

El Jefe

After a shocking defeat Woodward would've been on his A game and brought in a few signings. This regime is honestly worse.

The question of 'what the feck are they doing' has to be answered by Arnold and Murtough because its negligence at this point.

Son

what doesnt make sense to me is to my knowledge there were plenty of free transfers available this summer that we didnt seem to be interested for. I just dont understand this fecking club. Do no business in january so we could hit summer window running, yet we diddled around and got nothing done.
Where is our scouting too? I just haven’t seen it in the past few years at all.

We don’t even have a single CDM or deep lying playmaker at the club (even after Pogba and Matic both left) and we are relying on Martial as our main striker probably… Given his level last season it is pure neglect.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Chelsea concluding deals in super quick time along with the rest of the league teams, yet we look lost in the market with no clue what to do or how to do it. Absolute joke of a club for years now.

lex talionis

We can only state the obvious: Manchester United are a poorly managed “football” club. The timbers began to fall when Ferguson hand-picked Moyes and it’s been one cock up after another. At one point we could have argued that the one great transfer acquisition during the last decade was Bruno, but that claim can longer be made.

The Glazers have been focused exclusively on commercial success, allowing the football side of the enterprise to fall into ruins.

Superunknown

Every club approached this late in the window is going to hold out until deadline day to maximize the the transfer fee.
They're also going to ask for more because it's inconvenient for them, as they have to then making signings of their own to replace the players they're selling.

It's a terrible way to do business, leaving it late. We've already dropped 6 points, so not making signings is already affecting our league performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.