Have we signed anyone yet? | Yes, with stupid tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suv666

This is exactly the same as the Moyes window except this time everyone knows how its going to turn out.

We'll end up with Fellaini.

Telsim

I like how it was said we are looking only for "the right players", but now the ones we are being connected with have absolutely nothing in common between them. :lol: Casemiro, Rabiot, and Savic. Arnautovic, Moussa Dembele, and Joao Felix. None of these players are like the others. How can they be right?

Judas

Open to offers
This seems like the messiest summer from us ever. In a window I expected to see a clear plan and logical signings, it's amazing just how random this is all looking.

JuriM

I like how it was said we are looking only for "the right players", but now the ones we are being connected with have absolutely nothing in common between them. :lol: Casemiro, Rabiot, and Savic. Arnautovic, Moussa Dembele, and Joao Felix. None of these players are like the others. How can they be right?
90% of this is agents bs or media bs trying to connect us to them not vice versa - later if they sign new deals or join another clubs they come out saying that United never made a bid.

cyberman

Lose it over links with older players, lesser known players and now wonder kid players.
There’s nothing that will keep our fanbase happy now, it’s too toxic. Everybody is now a panic buy

Judas

Open to offers
Lose it over links with older players, lesser known players and now wonder kid players.
There’s nothing that will keep our fanbase happy now, it’s too toxic. Everybody is now a panic buy
But it genuinely feels like that at this point. Who do you think that we've been linked to in the last few days was anywhere close to the top of the list at the start of the summer.

Of course the media is loving this shite and making the most of it, but nothing coming out of the club is going to help calm people and ease the very unpleasant feeling at the moment.

rbnZz

When I look back at this transferwindow, I get absolutely crazy. I thought with a new manager, that could see last season, that a lot of players doesn't have the right menality or are not skilled enough, that we would sell a lot of players, a lot. But that is needed to create a new team. 2 weeks before the transferwindow closes, we only sold Pereira, only 1 (!!!!). A few others left on loan. Where is the priority to sell players so we have extra budget? There must be atleast 1 club interested in Jones, Wan-Bissaka, McTominay, Chong and some more. What are we doing?

I also thought Ten Hag would sit down with De Gea, Maguire and Rashford and would tell them that he has a different approach and its better for them to find an other club. None of this happend. They are still in the starting 11. Nothing has changed, how the ... is that possible? This squad is even worse than previous season.

I also expected that Ten Hag would start with some great talents like Zidane Iqbal because this lad will be better, a lot better. McTominay will only get worse. Plus it would also be a statement to the board that he needs more and better players. Ten Hag didn't and used the same players who are not good enough like last season. That is for me a absolute bummer because I'm convinced he would do it at Ajax. He would give some talent minutes and the fans would love it. Probably Ten Hag is to scared to do it.

Sir Erik ten Hag

This is exactly the same as the Moyes window except this time everyone knows how its going to turn out.

We'll end up with Fellaini.
Fellaini at least was useful at times, and not demanding a salary that would make the dressing room unhappy.
Rabiot at more than 200k/week would have been a disaster.

Telsim

90% of this is agents bs or media bs trying to connect us to them not vice versa - later if they sign new deals or join another clubs they come out saying that United never made a bid.
That doesn't make sense though. The reports are coming from reliable sources. And agents pull this crap when they are fishing for a new contract. Casemiro got a contract extension last year, until 2025. Savic has declined a new contract, so maybe Lazio are using us to hike his price (as I don't see him wanting to stay there), but we have been looking into him for a long time. We approached Rabiot, that's definitely true, and it ultimately fell apart. The same for the rest.

I don't think it's all bullshit. Desperation and panic more like. It also fits the general MO of Woodward.

Sir Erik ten Hag

But it genuinely feels like that at this point. Who do you think that we've been linked to in the last few days was anywhere close to the top of the list at the start of the summer.

Of course the media is loving this shite and making the most of it, but nothing coming out of the club is going to help calm people and ease the very unpleasant feeling at the moment.
The club brought all this onto themselves.

romufc

Pretty understandable from his POV, would've likely been the same situation with any other club

I don't even understand what you're trying to say here, but hey, anything to moan about

You've reached that conclusion after 2 games, wow! You should become a professional scout if you haven't already

We're not willing to offer him £160k/week that they are holding out for...this would usually be a positive in people's eyes if it was any other team than Utd

So you know for a fact that we can't? We wouldn't have agreed a deal with Barca if the player wasn't willing to come here, especially considering that ETH and FDJ have been in continuous contact according to reputable journos

Entirely on him

The situation is pretty shit at United right now, but I hate posts like this one where you make up shit just to spin everything into a negative thing.
Some reason my quoting isnt working so I will reply in one.

Understandable on Eriksen, but the fact remains, we had to convince him to join a big club, you do not have evidence it would be the same situation.

With Lisandro, it doesn't take me 2 days to know we overpaid, I have judged that transfer before we got him, we overpaid for him by at least 15m.

Oh good old United didn't know how much he would want, I guarantee you alot of United fans who saw that we are interested in him, said he is going to be overpaid, mercenary. Fans can see this but it takes United board 10 days to realise this after going in for him in a panic.

The facts are there mate, we agreed a deal with Barca, done nothing and hoped he would say yes, now the deal with Barca is expired and he is most likely going to stay. Any competent club wouldn't agree a deal before but this is United, we do things differently. Clearly FDJ does not want to come, I dont know what part of you got the inclination that he wants to come apart from trusting the club..

Entirely on United? They knew what he is like and signed him.

I guess the club can do no wrong in your book, imo they cant do nothing right.

mattunited1978

doommonger
We've managed to do the impossible, we look an even worse run club now than we did under Ed

Arnold and/or Murtagh are having an absolute shocker, fu*king useless

cyberman

Yeah but targets readjust after the likes of FDJ stay where they are. I’m not saying this is ideal but the club do constantly get offers from players agents as been reported. I’d be shocked if Casemiro and Felix contacts weren’t initiated from the players end

TheGame

Yeah but targets readjust after the likes of FDJ stay where they are. I’m not saying this is ideal but the club do constantly get offers from players agents as been reported. I’d be shocked if Casemiro and Felix contacts weren’t initiated from the players end
Agree with this, there are players being linked here there and everywhere. The only certain thing was the Rabiot deal but other than that, no body actually knows who were negotiating with.

Lynty

I honeslty think we should just call it a day for this window.

Unless we can get De Jong or Antony, whom Ten Hag originally wanted - everyone else are desperate afterthoughts, not part of any plan and it's so late in the window (combined with our disastorous start) they're going to demand silly fees/wages.

We're on the cusp of signing another load of dead wood on inflated wages, that'll we'll be trying to get rid of in two seasons.

Don't do it.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We're on the cusp of signing another load of dead wood on inflated wages, that'll we'll be trying to get rid of in two seasons.
Don't do it.
I really wanted to believe in the "New United" and give the benefit of the benefit of doubt to Arnold, Murtough and Fletcher (whatever it is that he actually does..!?)
But its the same old story, lack of planning, lack of preparation, lack of vision, lack of competence, and here we are yet again, a total feck up of a window, with no idea which way to turn.

Absolutely right to fear another batch of dead wood incoming as panic levels reach code red.
Its just hard to believe how utterly incompetent this club is.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Some people will do anything, find anything to pour scorn on the club currently.

United and EtH had a list, FdJ was too of the list, he seemingly doesn't want to come, they have then looked to other players on that list, the same situation with a striker.
That's not panic buying, that's how transfer lists work at clubs.

The funny thing is no media outlet really seems to know too much about who United are actually going after, leading to even more links that appear to be simply guess work and hyping the anger against the club up even more.

Also United are working to a very strict budget this window, which isn't making things easier.

It's not been a great window at all, and the owners need to go, but I think it's disingenuous to suggest this is completely down to a lack of planning or down to incompetence.

Cargsy

If this window has proved anything, it's that our scouting system (or lack of) isn't fit for purpose. This is evident by the big-name players we're supposedly targeting. Players who have very little interest in playing for us and would only consider it if we offered astronomical money to cash in on their last contracts.

Why aren't we able to locate a Moises Caicedo or a Julian Alvarez before anyone else? I would love to see where our scouts are assigned throughout the season. I know we picked up Pellistri a few years back from South America but I've read recently that Diego Forlan persuaded Ole to sign him.

Do we even scout in these areas anymore?

JuriM

If this window has proved anything, it's that our scouting system (or lack of) isn't fit for purpose. This is evident by the big-name players we're supposedly targeting. Players who have very little interest in playing for us and would only consider it if we offered astronomical money to cash in on their last contracts.

Why aren't we able to locate a Moises Caicedo or a Julian Alvarez before anyone else? I would love to see where our scouts are assigned throughout the season. I know we picked up Pellistri a few years back from South America but I've read recently that Diego Forlan persuaded Ole to sign him.

Wasn't most of our scouting pool let go ahead of this season and it's being rebuilt.

Laurencio

We tried to sign both of them before, and they turned us down. We saw them, bid for them and wound up being rejected. This has been the case with plenty of youngsters in the past few years.

We also tried to sign a Brazilian wonderkid this season, but he seems to be angling for Liverpool.

Cargsy

We tried to sign both of them before, and they turned us down. We saw them, bid for them and wound up being rejected. This has been the case with plenty of youngsters in the past few years.

We also tried to sign a Brazilian wonderkid this season, but he seems to be angling for Liverpool.
Yeah I agree on us going after Alvarez but wasn't Caicedo offered to us on the cheap and we turned it down. Look at Gabriel Martinelli as well, we never took a chance on him and he's going to have an incredible career. Players like Vinicius Jr, Gabriel Jesus and Lautaro Martinez have moved to European clubs unopposed in the past few years as well.

With the worldwide appeal we have, I'm puzzled why we aren't dipping into the South American market more than we are.

Rojofiam

I guess the club can do no wrong in your book, imo they cant do nothing right.
I didn't say that, I said that some people love to turn everything into a negative so they can moan about something. Criticising the Eriksen & Malacia deals is just dumb.

I never said that the club can do no wrong, but "they can't do nothing right" is far from the truth as well.

Infestissumam

the most frustrating thing is the realization that there is still no plan, illustrated by yet another panic-fuelled scattergun period towards the end of the window. How fecking hard can it be to be proactive and early on identify the positions we need to strengthen, the targets we want to sign and work out backup plans in case things go sideways? It just boggles the mind. This club is turning the most basic ideas of running a football club into rocket science ... only that the rocket is not taking off, instead everybody is on fire and running around in panic.

all I want is that this football club is run somewhat properly. Is that really too much to ask, for crying out loud?!

romufc

I didn't say that, I said that some people love to turn everything into a negative so they can moan about something. Criticising the Eriksen & Malacia deals is just dumb.

I never said that the club can do no wrong, but "they can't do nothing right" is far from the truth as well.
I dont get why its not dumb?

Let me explain why I think its not just dumb, its extremely dumb from the club.

1. Its known for anyone who has any football idea that we lack a CDM or a transition midfielder? I cant think of any United fan that doesn't agree.

2. It was known for over 6 months that Pogba, Matic were leaving

3. It was known since March / April that the club looking at Ten Hag as manager

So you have months of preparation, as a football director or CEO, they should know what the budget is.

So, when you go into the window and then sign a 3rd LB, CM/CAM (when we have Bruno Donny), Sign a CB (We have 5 at the club) and then get to the end of the window and scramble for a CM that can defend, is pure and simply dumb.

In any other business, it would be a sackable offence, not only have they failed previous managers with the same problem, they have failed this one.

When you look at successful teams, the one thing they all have in common is a WORLD CLASS CDM.

Read - Casemeiro
City - Rodri
Bayern - Kimmich
Barca - Busquets
Chelsea - Kante
Liverpool - Fabinho

We have been opened up in midfield for about 18 months now and then the midfielder we buy is someone who gets bullied of the ball.

We can all say Eriksen yaay, Brighton's goal was his error where he got bullied and the counter attack and Brentford where he got pressed.

The club cannot do anything right. Why appoint a manager who wants to play from the back when you wont back him with the players?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
throw enough shit and some will stick. This moto is on the white board at OT. Has to be

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Just bite the bullet and get Caicedo and Sergej.

Midfield sorted for years.

Ghostrider318

Feels exactly like that Moyes window. Wonder who this seasons Fellaini will be ? I had my money on Rabiot but that looks dead in the water unless he reduces his wage demands or Juve subsidizes a part of it

RedorDead21

Feels exactly like that Moyes window. Wonder who this seasons Fellaini will be ? I had my money on Rabiot but that looks dead in the water unless he reduces his wage demands or Juve subsidizes a part of it
Moyes seems to be having a decent window

Edit: a PSG defender added today prob better than Maguire

USREDEVIL

The Caf looks like Mos Eisley. All manner of castoffs, mercenaries, degenerates, being named as the pilot to take us off this shit planet. Desperate af.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Depressing isn't it? Less so the fact we're not signing players, but the circus that so many saw coming weeks ago. But you were branded as some sort of Satan for saying it :lol:

Anyone duped by any of that new era nonsense needs a medical examination.

Status
Not open for further replies.