Gaming Help! Assassins Creed Odyssey PS4 UK Version Question.

Sara125

I have it but I haven’t played it in a while and I don’t remember seeing an option to change the language

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
So I've bought this because I think it should be possible. We'll see.

rcoobc

That image might be for PC versions. Often on Steam if you change the language settings then it downloads games with that language setting.

PS4 is probably whatever is on the disc.
We'll see. The Witcher 3 has a really annoying situation. French is available on the standard addition but not the GOTY

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4497-CUSA01439_00-0000000000000001
https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4497-CUSA05571_00-00000000000GOTY1

If not I'll try to send it back

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
You can download it from the menu as an add-on, 2.2gig. Haven't tried it but at that size it should be the whole thing.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Playing games in French to learn French is quite a good idea, but it would be a lot easier if you just ate a kilogramme of garlic and wore no socks for three months.

Hoof the ball

Playing in foreign languages is great for immersion. I remember playing through AC: Unity (French Revolution) and found the high British accents really jarring. Switched the French with subs and it was a lot better. I do the same for Pro Evo Soccer. If I'm playing in a foreign league I'll switch to that respective language for immersion purposes.

In answer to your question

Ubisoft help

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
And hid the missus' razor...
I dated a French girl for a while. She used to talk dirty in French during sexy times. She also didn't believe in wearing clothes around the house if she wasn't going outside.

I've forgotten where I was going with my point. Probably something to do with surrendering to the Germans but feck knows now.

rcoobc

You can download it from the menu as an add-on, 2.2gig. Haven't tried it but at that size it should be the whole thing.
Doesn't work. Just comes up with the option to download Russian 2.1gig. Feck sake :lol:

Ubik

Doesn't work. Just comes up with the option to download Russian 2.1gig. Feck sake :lol:
That's bizarre. Obviously Putin's been at your account.

Ubik

are you UK and do you have it on PS4? Does it show on yours?
Yup, in the settings on the main menu, French was there (with a cloud download symbol) and it then goes to the store to download it. As of last night.

rcoobc

Yup, in the settings on the main menu, French was there (with a cloud download symbol) and it then goes to the store to download it. As of last night.
:confused:

I can't believe that. Thanks for looking for me. You went to all that effort and it still doesn't work.

rcoobc

So did you order it from Amazon?

If so, people need to be very aware that there's so much fake shit on there posing as real (even through prime), but it's hard to tell because Amazon hide it.
Yeah. I've sent it back.

Instead, I've downloaded Witcher 3 on US PSN and going to play that in french.

rcoobc

It sucks, but a hell of a lot on Amazon is fake. Always read through the reviews mate.

Witcher is more wordy anyway, and a better game ;)
It's not fake, it's just Ubisoft don't explain what languages come with which version
French should be available? But maybe not.

It's a similar but different problem with Witcher 3. French is available on standard edition but not GOTY (in the UK?)

rcoobc

It's available in the US version:

Ask on Reddit about the UK version.
I did. Feckers didn't answer me.

Will just get the US version but I'm playing Witcher 3 now which is probably a better game to learn French anyway.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Odyssey is absolutely not better than The Witcher 3 but it’s a decent enough game to pass time.

Ubik

It's a very fun game, and totally ridiculous. Picked up Origins afterwards after enjoying it so much and got thoroughly bored after finding the pyramids.

Robo - sucks that this didn't work for you. You can currently get the deluxe edition on the PS store for £22 which you'd think would include multi language support, if that's appealing to you. It's bizarre that different discs limits the choices of languages available anyway, given they're all stored online.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Odyssey is absolutely not better than The Witcher 3 but it’s a decent enough game to pass time.
It's infinitely better. The Witcher has a better storyline, but all other aspects of gameplay are superior from movement and the ability to traverse/scale objects and buildings, to map size, to graphics, to the gorgeous open world and the sandbox nature which Witcher 3 lacks - on top of the combat/controls. There is an element of overratedness to The Witcher 3 which is one of the biggest circle jerks around because it changed the landscape when it arrived that tints peoples views. Though it's still a great game.

Last edited:

Stringer

It's infinitely better. The Witcher has a better storyline, but all other aspects of gameplay are superior from movement and the ability to traverse/scale objects and buildings, to map size, to graphics, to the gorgeous open world and the sandbox nature which Witcher 3 lacks - on top of the combat/controls. There is an element of overratedness to The Witcher 3 which is one of the biggest circle jerks around because it changed the landscape when it arrived that tints peoples views. Though it's still a great game.
Infinitely better? Take it easy there. I like AC Odyssey a fair bit and it definitely does some stuff better than TW3 but the main quest and side quests pale in comparison. I found that to be a significant detractor.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Infinitely better? Take it easy there. I like AC Odyssey a fair bit and it definitely does some stuff better than TW3 but the main quest and side quests pale in comparison. I found that to be a significant detractor.
Like I said, TW3 has the better story but the rest of it is what predominantly makes you feel good/bad about playing a game over hundreds of hours. The story alone doesn't make up for all the other factors imo. If you played TW3 and AC:O back to back you'd feel an enormous difference rather than relying on the tinted memory of how great TW3 was at the time which most people tend to do when reminiscing about TW3.