Henderson to Newcastle on loan?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

That would obviously mean defeat for them in pursuit of Lingard on loan, as they're limited to one from within the league.

What do people make of this?

Chief123

We are giving out more loans than Santander. All these years we couldn’t get rid of deadwood for free. Now Woodward is off, it seems a breeze!

HailtotheKing

Tough call. The way De Gea is playing, you’ve gotta say it’s better for Henderson to go than Lingard. But I just want Jessie out. Had enough of him. Really hope he goes. Nice try by United on the staying up bonus but I can see them caving and just selling him.

Deery

Dreary
Think it’s bad management myself one injury to DeGea we have Tom Heaton for Champions League..

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
If he is as bad an influence in the dressing room and around the squad as reported, give him his bus fair up to geordie land and wave him good bye. Let the lad play and sell him for profit in the summer.

saivet

Get a fee and possible recall clause if DDG gets injured?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think it’s bad management myself one injury to DeGea we have Tom Heaton for Champions League..
worrying about 2 games? henderson isn’t going to be happy sitting on the bench for 6 months.

Heaton is solid anyway

Deery

Dreary
worrying about 2 games? henderson isn’t going to be happy sitting on the bench for 6 months.

Heaton is solid anyway
2 of our most important games of the season, basically all we have to look forward to, yes!

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I don't think a cover-his-wages loan is enough to justify having Heaton as backup. The report mentions a loan fee, but the amount is not specified. Either it's a very significant fee, or he's trouble around the dressing room. In case of the latter, he should just be sold, and they surely have the money to structure a nice payment.

Greck

I honestly preferred romero. These players don't deserve time at United but definitely deserved to not have one year of his career wasted by a manager with zero planning foresight. This deep squad was already gutted before the new manager could get their hands on it. I just wonder what we'll be left with this time next year.

SATA

No fuss. Heaton is a good number two. And wouldn’t be surprised if Ralf now wants Jesse to stay in the squad after the Greenwood news

Teja

Why don't we just sell him at this point? We can't sell Lingard because he's only got 6mo on his contract etc but surely not a problem with Henderson?

HailtotheKing

Really wish Henderson could have gone to Ajax on loan when they wanted him. Made such sense with ETH there. But no, nothing we do ever makes sense.

-Supreme-

That would obviously mean defeat for them in pursuit of Lingard on loan, as they're limited to one from within the league.

Couldnt Newcastle sign Lingard on a 6 months contract (not loan) as a workaround?

Santos J

Really wish Henderson could have gone to Ajax on loan when they wanted him. Made such sense with ETH there. But no, nothing we do ever makes sense.
No decent dutch sources thought that was anything other than bollocks.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

We should be looking to get him game time over Lingard

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Maybe but he wouldn't be registered in the squad, so wouldn't work.
Ahhh, good point, cheers.

De Geas record for playing is pretty strong so might be a deal we do and think it’s an acceptable risk - be Sods Law he gets injured the week before the CL games though.

Really hoping these loan deals and wage savings are building to something but no rumours out there and little time, so looks like saving funds for the Summer and Haaland… or a bigger Dividend.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Heston is a good keeper. If De Gea got injured- he’d do a decent job.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Ahhh, good point, cheers.

De Geas record for playing is pretty strong so might be a deal we do and think it’s an acceptable risk - be Sods Law he gets injured the week before the CL games though.

Really hoping these loan deals and wage savings are building to something but no rumours out there and little time, so looks like saving funds for the Summer and Haaland… or a bigger Dividend.
Yeah De Gea rarely misses much action so fingers crossed it will be ok. Heaton is an awful keeper if something did happen, so we would make do.

Or trying to recoup losses from the last few years, and the massive expenditure under the circumstances last summer. Or simply trying to get our fringe players games to help the progress and keep market value.

GBBQ

I don’t think we’ll be in for anyone and this is more sanctioning moves for the sake of squad harmony. Everyone who is gone or heavily linked to go are players who have been vocal about a lack of game time. Working with a smaller squad but one where everyone gets game time will probably lift the mood.

miked99

We could recall him? (could be wrong but thought most loans had that ability.)
I *think* that players can only be recalled from loans during the transfer window, and only where a loan recall clause exists in the first place.

There's an exception for Goalkeepers when there's only one fit GK at the club, but I presume that includes all levels, so youth squads etc.

Like I say, not 100% sure on this.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Couldnt Newcastle sign Lingard on a 6 months contract (not loan) as a workaround?
It's certainly plausible. Better yet, they'd sign him to a deal with a release clause in case of relegation. Would have the same effect, but might make more sense for them. Although I'm starting to doubt Rangnick will move him out given the situation.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd do it solely down to the fact that we should still be able to get around 20-30m for him in the summer if he does alright.

Bestietom

All we need now is to get injuries to Bruno and McTominay before the games with City, Liverpool, and Spurs, Arsenal.