Henrikh Mkhitaryan | BVB confirm transfer

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Do you want him for the reported €38m?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

United Pro

We're starting to get linked with him. I feel that he would be absolutely perfect for a Mourinho right winger. He's quick, creative and works hard tracking back. He's only got 1 year left on his contract at Dortmund and doesn't look like renewing. He'd cost under £30m, which may be quite expensive for a player with a year left on his contract. But considering he's got 23 goals and 32 assists in 52 games this season, he'd be well worth it. Imo he's been as good as Aubemyang this season so really is a muppet signing.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Agreed.

Didn't even realise he was an option until people highlighted the contract situation. I remember when we moved from Shaktar and Liverpool looked like they were in for him; I would of been gutted if he went there. Glad to see we're linked!

podurban2

Seems like it's us vs Arsenal. And I know who pays the higher wages out of the two. ;)

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Anyone from Germany know how much he is on per week currently?

We should call up his lardass pizza delivery boy of an agent and promise 200k\week.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Have we been liked by anyone reliable? Searched in google and every report is saying Arsenal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We're starting to get linked with him. I feel that he would be absolutely perfect for a Mourinho right winger. He's quick, creative and works hard tracking back. He's only got 1 year left on his contract at Dortmund and doesn't look like renewing. He'd cost under £30m, which may be quite expensive for a player with a year left on his contract. But considering he's got 23 goals and 32 assists in 52 games this season, he'd be well worth it. Imo he's been as good as Aubemyang this season so really is a muppet signing.
Wow.

Truedevil

Is he leaving Dortmund for sure?

Would be an excellent right winger in Mourinho's team.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Seems like it's us vs Arsenal. And I know who pays the higher wages out of the two. ;)
They do have CL Football and Arsenal fans I know have said he is an Arsenal fan as well (no idea if true or not).

podurban2

Double that? He is more likely to be on five times that, about 150k\week here. Arsenal will offer him about the same though.
I'd say it will be a little less, probably around 100-120 or so (Di Maria was on 150/week), but yeah why not.

worldinmotion66

This is a no brainer.

He only has one year left on his contract so should be a reasonable fee. He's versatile and good with both feet, so can play anywhere across the front. He's intelligent, very good technically and has a decent work ethic. He can play the role of scorer or creator dependent upon the team's needs.

He's just a very good footballer all round, and is great in a counter attacking system. If I'm honest, I like Reus slightly more, although Mkhitaryan has much more to his game and Reus is a little one dimensional. Henrikh is much more attainable right now though, and is such good value.

VanGaalEra

Every time I see him play (only in the big games vs Bayern or English opponents in Europe), he loves to miss a load of chances.

podurban2

They do have CL Football and Arsenal fans I know have said he is an Arsenal fan as well (no idea if true or not).
Why do Arsenal fans so often claim players are fans of their club. I can't find anything about it on Google.

waza7111

The Independent say he's close to joining Arsenal. It's bizarre that we've shown no interest in a quality player who has exactly what we need for the right wing. He's creative, hardworking, scores goals and is the perfect age.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Mkhitaryan, Sanchez and Ozil behind a striker with Xhaka protecting behind will be lethal for Arsenal.

John Blund

I've always pronounced him as "Henrick MMM-kit-arian".

I thought for sure he was Liverpool-bound a few months ago, but back then he allegedly said he wanted to play for Arsenal.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
One thing I would say is that if we really want him and Arsenal is our only competition then he's as good as ours.

Varun

Staff
He's very good. Have there been any reports linking him to us? Everything I've seen has been about Arsenal.

Varun

Staff
I've always pronounced him as "Henrick MMM-kit-arian".

I thought for sure he was Liverpool-bound a few months ago, but back then he allegedly said he wanted to play for Arsenal.
He had a choice between Pool and Dortmund when he was moving there. Great little quote too, effectively told the media that whilst Liverpool have a great history, it's the present that matters and Dortmund are ahead in that regard.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
If the reports about his frail mentality is right he will fit right in at Arsenal.

Ole90+3

Mkhitaryan, Sanchez and Ozil behind a striker with Xhaka protecting behind will be lethal for Arsenal.
Yeah, they will look even more stylish challenging for the league before Christmas, self-implode in the new year followed by a great run-in when 1st place is totally out of reach.

United Pro

Is he leaving Dortmund for sure?

Would be an excellent right winger in Mourinho's team.
With Dortmund nothing's guaranteed in terms of sales. They have in the past forced Lewandowski to play out his contract, even though they could have made around £20m a year earlier. But with Gundogan and Hummels this summer, they've sold them with a year left on their contracts. Hard to say if they're willing to sell another big name this summer, regardless of the contract situation.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Has great stats this season though, so I must be a curse when I watch him :lol:
Perhaps, I do worry tho that Dortmund have one of the best functioning attacks in Europe and that causes all their players stats to be boosted significantly. Would he match those assists for us, I'm really not sure.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Dortmund supposedly offer him a base wage of €7m p.a though their offer for Hummels was reported at €10m p.a. including some performance based components, I imagine that's what he'd get, too, so 10m/52=€192k ~= £150k per week.

He seems like a sensible guy, apparently struggled with the expectations when Dortmund made him their record signing for €27m in 2013. He also didn't cope that well with Klopp's style and only truly realized his potential under Tuchel, with whome he seems to have a special connection.
Not exactly risk free.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Perhaps, I do worry tho that Dortmund have one of the best functioning attacks in Europe and that causes all their players stats to be boosted significantly. Would he match those assists for us, I'm really not sure.
Depends on the system, his position, and what his role is. If he has space to operate with the ball at his feet he can create loads of chances.

Truedevil

With Dortmund nothing's guaranteed in terms of sales. They have in the past forced Lewandowski to play out his contract, even though they could have made around £20m a year earlier. But with Gundogan and Hummels this summer, they've sold them with a year left on their contracts. Hard to say if they're willing to sell another big name this summer, regardless of the contract situation.
I see. Just checked transfermarkt and he has one year contract left, so they might as well sell him now since they captured Dembele and use the money to rebuild their team after loosing Hummels, Gündogan, soon Auba?

Hope he's not a diehard Arsenal fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.