g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Henrikh Mkhitaryan | BVB confirm transfer

Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Do you want him for the reported €38m?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Bug

This excites me so much. Love or hate him, the Mourinho factor is huge when attracting top talent from around Europe.

He has seen it, been there and won it and most players who are ambitious know this and want to play under him.

TrueRed79

It's the season of Mino. All hail our new transfer overlord. Just Pogba to deliver now and the CAF will overflow with muppetry that has never been seen before.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
For some reason I haven't been able to go full muppet over this one. It doesn't have any of the "will they, won't they?" that a good transfer saga needs. It's the transfer equivalent to going to a bar and having a good-looking girl throw herself at you the moment you walk in the door. Great, obviously, but all the fun of the chase gets taken out.

Of course it's better than going home alone and having a sad wank in the shower like we did with Thiago, Hazard, Vidal and Fabregas.
Well, there's still the mystery whether she'll be as hot in the lovecage as she looks, or if she turns out to be a shy wallflower who just had too much alcohol, and snores away just as you're busy to unzip your pants

LARulz

Guess it's good for United to be in the good books of both Mendes and Raiola. Just don't piss them off

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
The thought of @slig raging at us getting him for €38m as opposed to Dortmund holding out for the €40m he so desperately wanted really tickles me for some reason
A possible minus to this transfer is that we will have one smug German named @slig camping out in the Mkhitaryan thread throwing insults and "I ze told you zo's" at every opportunity if he fails to impress.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Guess it's good for United to be in the good books of both Mendes and Raiola. Just don't piss them off
Its the Mourinho effect. We were hit or miss with Mendes before and not in particularly good stead with Raiola as well. Looks like that's history now.

liamp

I have real concerns about this one. I've enjoyed watching Mkhi for Dortmund, but to me he's benefited greatly from their system. Dortmund's playstyle is essentially perfect for him, and I question whether he'll able to replicate that here. I think he'd have a better chance to succeed if he's played as a free #10, but I just don't see him working out in this league if he's deployed on the right.

All credit to him though if it works out. Just feels to me like he's cashing in off the back of one (albeit very productive) season.

EyeInTheSky

It's the season of Mino. All hail our new transfer overlord. Just Pogba to deliver now and the CAF will overflow with muppetry that has never been seen before.
Wont be long until we get that giff with a slightly transparent Kermit the Frog, staring off into the distance, in the sky above a silhouette of old trafford

I was in stitches all day over that one

Tiber

we are really going to hate him in 2 years when he tries to force a move for them all! :P

Tiber

Wont be long until we get that giff with a slightly transparent Kermit the Frog, staring off into the distance, in the sky above a silhouette of old trafford

I was in stitches all day over that one
I look forward to this then! not sure that I have seen it

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Unless we get someone like Draxler or James, I think Mkhitaryan will be played behind the striker.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Conditions have to be right, the boy is quite intelligent and because of that he suffers from overthinking some situations that happened in the past. Memory of an elephant. Some people are thinking those attributs wouldn't go well under a coach like Jose Mourinho, but why?! I don't see a future troublemaker, he's a hard worker who can do it all. I had to get accustomed to this player, never forget how he messed up against Real Madrid, but everyone deserves redemption and what he did last season in the Bundesliga was nothing but outstanding. These days i would happily take him. 30-40 mil. is a fair price.

Dir Wangem

I demand a cool tagline like "The Woodward Whisperer" or something! As far as can I remember, I was the first to bump the Mkhitaryan thread(the other) a few weeks/months back when no one was talking about him. I was wondering why there were no rumors concerning this player, seeing as he is the most logical and realistic signing possible for us. Turns out I was right to wonder.

Bojan11

Perfect guy to play alongside Ibra and Martial. Will create a lot of goals for them.

ash_86

I love how we're getting about our business this time, not poking around unattainable players , but cutting straight to the chase and getting the deals done. We need more of this here. Micky would be an amazing addition to the team in every single way #GoMou

Dante

Average bang
Is he good enough to play in a Champions League winning team, or would United need an upgrade if our ambitions get to that point?

I realise we're some way away from competing with the best in Europe, but I'm just trying to gauge exactly how good this lad is. Would he look out of place at Real/Barca/Bayern, for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.