Gaming Hitman 3 | Now Hitman: World of Assassination

b82REZ

I cant download the VR access. When I click the link it says I need Hitman VR Access, but I can't find that anywhere on the store.

Do you have to setup the headset before you can download it?

I'm enjoying the game so far but I don't think I'm creative enough with my hits. I pushed old lady Carlisle out of the window and shot my way through the nightclub.
@afrocentricity

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I'd love to try it but can't download it. I did post in here a week or so about the problem. I was hoping you or @Redlambs would come to my rescue.
Sorry mate, I missed it.

I haven't got the game, but I'm assuming you have to start the game with the vr on? And it has to be the PS4 version I believe.

I can't remember what other game it is, but I do have one like that which will only switch to the vr version if started from vr. Maybe Minecraft.

b82REZ

Sorry mate, I missed it.

I haven't got the game, but I'm assuming you have to start the game with the vr on? And it has to be the PS4 version I believe.

I can't remember what other game it is, but I do have one like that which will only switch to the vr version if started from vr. Maybe Minecraft.
I know you have to download the PS4 VR version as a standalone. However when I click the link through the game it doesn't work, just get an error saying I need VR Access. I've searched separately on the store and found nothing.

I'll set the headset up this weekend as I suspect that may be causing the issue. I've just been putting it off because I'll need to rewire a load of things.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Are you on PS5?

Edit: Beaten...

I know you have to download the PS4 VR version as a standalone. However when I click the link through the game it doesn't work, just get an error saying I need VR Access. I've searched separately on the store and found nothing.

I'll set the headset up this weekend as I suspect that may be causing the issue. I've just been putting it off because I'll need to rewire a load of things.
Yes... Do this.

Redlambs

I don't think it's an actual separate version of the game, if you have the PS4 version you have the VR access in it. It probably is down to needing the VR on, like I say I believe Minecraft works that way too IIRC.

Good luck and let us know how it is mate!

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I've been going through all the levels from start to finish. Once I do that I'm going to try and kill everyone on each level :lol:

You play how I'd imagine Weaste is in real life.....

I've only done the first training part to get back into it. Completed all the challenged in the 'freeform' mode. Hopefully I get a few hours in later!

I love stealth and taking my time. The multi-manual save is sweet. Just allows you to play out different scenarios nice and quick without needing loads of restarts - similar to what I done in Cyberpunk.

Bosws87

I played one level haven't touched it again yet, felt really boring and shallow contrary to the reviews.

el3mel

I encountered really weird issue in fourth mission, End of an era. The game kept on crashing whenever I exited the building and went to streets. Weirdly it was working fine at the start, but once I entered the building then tried to exit it, the game couldn't handle me being in the streets and instant crash no matter what graphics settings are or verification of files I have done on Epic store.

Somehow solved it by changing the display from exclusive fullscreen to fullscreen. :lol: I also dropped max FPS to 30 and turned V sync on. Honestly not sure how this managed to solve.

This mission was mostly broken though. I encountered another ridiculous bug during the Hush experiment in which he was supposed to go take a break away alongside his guard but they didn't and I got stuck.

Shame as I was having a blast till this mission. Definitely not gonna try to replay it till some patches drop in. I hope I don't encounter similar issues in last 2 missions.

Last edited:

Redlambs

I encountered really weird issue in fourth mission, End of an era. The game kept on crashing whenever I exited the building and went to streets. Weirdly it was working fine at the start, but once I entered the building then tried to exit it, the game couldn't handle be being in the streets and instant crash no matter what graphics settings are or verification of files I have done on Epic store.

Somehow solved it by changing the display from exclusive fullscreen to fullscreen. :lol: I also dropped max FPS to 30 and turned V synch on. Honestly not sure how this managed to solve.

This mission was mostly broken though. I encountered another ridiculous bug during the Hush experiment in which he was supposed to go take a break away alongside his guard but they didn't and I got stuck.

Shame as I was having a blast till this mission. Definitely not gonna try to replay it till some patches drop in. I hope I don't encounter similar issues in last 2 missions.
That sounds like a vsync bug. You shouldn't have to drop fps low, just turn vsync on across the loading threshold.

el3mel

That sounds like a vsync bug. You shouldn't have to drop fps low, just turn vsync on across the loading threshold.
I don't honestly know which setting changed from the 3 solved the issue, but I will keep the vsync on from now on and see. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Redlambs

I don't honestly know which setting changed from the 3 solved the issue, but I will keep the vsync on from now on and see. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
Transitioning in levels is often caused by the Vsync. Some engines just don't handle the calls properly. Keep vsync on, but bump it up to at least 60 and let me know how it goes!

el3mel

Transitioning in levels is often caused by the Vsync. Some engines just don't handle the calls properly. Keep vsync on, but bump it up to at least 60 and let me know how it goes!
Ok. Thanks a lot for the help!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I've been going through all the levels from start to finish. Once I do that I'm going to try and kill everyone on each level :lol:
:lol: that’s going to take an absolute age on some levels, the number of NPCs in Dubai, Germany and Argentina in particular is massive!

Just killed Hush and Royce with a single sniper rifle bullet :cool:

el3mel

I played the Farewell mission while having the display on exclusive fullscreen, V Sync on and max fps 60 and it worked well till midway then froze for few seconds and crashed. Changed the display into fullscreen and managed to see it through to the end. I honestly don't know what's the problem with the exclusive fullscreen setting.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Finished it today. That last level is a massive disappointment, but other than that, very enjoyable game. The China level in party was great
Yea I quite enjoyed the train setting as I was working through it but it’s enormously limited and very anticlimactic. We should have been given a setting where there’s like 20 ways of taking out the last guy.

b82REZ

Didn't realise that you were supposed to have a download code in the case for the VR access.

My GF bought it off FB marketplace and they haven't included the VR code in the box.

If they ever offer it as a standalone I'll grab it. At least it's made me finally set up my headset with the PS5.

el3mel

Finished the campaign today. Yeah pretty weird how the last mission was so linear while I was expecting a huge mission with ton of opportunities and stories as the climax of the series, but never mind the game in general is the best in trilogy for me.

2nd, 3rd and 5th missions were really creative in their design, while first and fourth mission were just the normal Hitman quality.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Did Berlin last night. What a level that is.

Walking around trying to identify all the agents is a great gameplay mechanic.

I think I killed 4/5 and then the plug was pulled for the rest to get out, luckily right into my path outside, so I shot the rest in the back as they ran away. :)

Can't way to replay that one in particular.

Less looking forward to replaying Dartmoor for the third time (console went offline on first play through so didn't unlock anything) as although I did enjoy the whole murder mystery vibe I don't really fancy sitting through all the story exposition again. That was a weird play though as well.
Alexa drank something in the sitting room and died from poisoning and I was like "wtf, I didn't do that". So I skipped back a few save points and realised that as I'd fixed the Johnny Ball chemistry set in the Greenhouse, Emma had toddled off there to knock up some poison ivy and popped it in her drink. Would've been cool if there was a way to warn Alexa though so you could gain her trust.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Did Berlin last night. What a level that is.

Walking around trying to identify all the agents is a great gameplay mechanic.

I think I killed 4/5 and then the plug was pulled for the rest to get out, luckily right into my path outside, so I shot the rest in the back as they ran away. :)

Can't way to replay that one in particular.

Less looking forward to replaying Dartmoor for the third time (console went offline on first play through so didn't unlock anything) as although I did enjoy the whole murder mystery vibe I don't really fancy sitting through all the story exposition again. That was a weird play though as well.
Alexa drank something in the sitting room and died from poisoning and I was like "wtf, I didn't do that". So I skipped back a few save points and realised that as I'd fixed the Johnny Ball chemistry set in the Greenhouse, Emma had toddled off there to knock up some poison ivy and popped it in her drink. Would've been cool if there was a way to warn Alexa though so you could gain her trust.
I didn't realise there were actually more than 5! I just assumed you killed the same 5 targets and then they just said to get the others out but there weren't any actually on the level if that makes sense. Quite cool.

Dartmoor detective thing is just one way to do it I think. You wouldn't have to do it every playthrough.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I didn't realise there were actually more than 5! I just assumed you killed the same 5 targets and then they just said to get the others out but there weren't any actually on the level if that makes sense. Quite cool.

Dartmoor detective thing is just one way to do it I think. You wouldn't have to do it every playthrough.
True. But I do need to solve the murder properly.
I fitted up the butler the first time around but assume knowing what I know now that Emma is the real villain here. I still need to get the evidence on her. Also defo need to disguise myself as the funeral director at some point. Someone is getting buried alive.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
True. But I do need to solve the murder properly.
I fitted up the butler the first time around but assume knowing what I know now that Emma is the real villain here. I still need to get the evidence on her. Also defo need to disguise myself as the funeral director at some point. Someone is getting buried alive.
Ah fair enough. I solved it first time I think but I'm not sure it ever tells you for definite. Also need to do the funeral director approach. The family portrait one is great as well if you blow them up :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Ah fair enough. I solved it first time I think but I'm not sure it ever tells you for definite. Also need to do the funeral director approach. The family portrait one is great as well if you blow them up :lol:
I've seen that on the Dunkey video. Definitely doing that :lol:

b82REZ

How do you mad bastards figure out these mad hits?

Half the time my cover gets blown and I end up in gun fights.

Still on the China level though.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I've now killed everyone in Paris, Sapienza and Dartmoor. Marrakesh is proving a challenge.
Oof. Only played Dartmoor out of the those so far. Are you even gonna attempt Dubai or Berlin? Surely not possible in those with huge crowds all in close proximity to each other. I must admit I got above everyone in the club in Berlin and fired into the crowd indiscriminately on one play through just to see what everyone would do. I want to recreate the scene from Collateral.

Also I picked up some pills. Assume I can disguise myself as a drug dealer at some point?

How do you mad bastards figure out these mad hits?

Half the time my cover gets blown and I end up in gun fights.

Still on the China level though.
Follow people around in disguise a lot and observe their paths/patterns. Pick everything up.

b82REZ

Oof. Only played Dartmoor out of the those so far. Are you even gonna attempt Dubai or Berlin? Surely not possible in those with huge crowds all in close proximity to each other. I must admit I got above everyone in the club in Berlin and fired into the crowd indiscriminately on one play through just to see what everyone would do. I want to recreate the scene from Collateral.

Also I picked up some pills. Assume I can disguise myself as a drug dealer at some point?

Follow people around in disguise a lot and observe their paths/patterns. Pick everything up.
I loved Blood Money on the OG Xbox. I haven't really played any other Hitman games.

I had no problem coming up with creative kills on Blood Money. I think I'm overwhelmed by the variety on this one.

I'm still trying to figure a sneaky way to take out Imogen and I can't figure out how to get to Hush yet.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I loved Blood Money on the OG Xbox. I haven't really played any other Hitman games.

I had no problem coming up with creative kills on Blood Money. I think I'm overwhelmed by the variety on this one.

I'm still trying to figure a sneaky way to take out Imogen and I can't figure out how to get to Hush yet.
I think that's why I really enjoyed the Berlin one. It doesn't even tell you who the targets are at the start. The ultimate sandbox assassination level.

I need to knock out that guy in underpants as well and disguise myself as him :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think that's why I really enjoyed the Berlin one. It doesn't even tell you who the targets are at the start. The ultimate sandbox assassination level.

I need to knock out that guy in underpants as well and disguise myself as him :lol:
I'm quite enjoying attempting Silent Assassin Suit Only runs. I've only managed it on Marrakesh though.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Just noticed Hitman 2 Gold Edition is £15.99 on PSN if anyone needs it. I do.

Cracking through the 1st game levels at the moment. Sapienza is gorgeous.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
2 questions:
Any caftards player this in VR yet?
What's the cheapest this is going for now?

Bojan11

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gamin...t/~Editorial Content~256133~Gamer+Network+Ltd

The modern Hitman games are something of critical darlings - big, sprawling sandbox maps in colourful locations, where you're encouraged to do terrible things in a range of stolen clothes and uniforms. And now the finale of the trilogy is down to just £28 only a couple of months after release, if you buy from Currys and use the special code for the improved discount.
We've listed all the platforms they're selling on below. They're already discounted a lot, but enter the code FNDDGAME at checkout and you'll get them to their lowest price possible.
@afrocentricity @esmufc07