Gaming Hitman 3 | Now Hitman: World of Assassination

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
That’s a well good price! Genuinely tempted but I never stick with hitman games.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Been playing this a bit the last two days. Hitman is just exactly what you want from casual gaming isn't it?

Dubai level was over very quickly (not as quickly as @Solius). Dartmoor was quite fun and a fair bit longer. I want to go back and snipe her head off from the roof at some point.

Berlin level is obviously cool. It's like a mixture of Berghain and Tresor's big upstairs room, but a bit fancier with the lighting. Having to put a sticker over your phone camera was a neat touch. First thing I did was go to buy pills off a dealer then nick his clothes and stash. Now I'm dressed as a bouncer and just barged in on two people sniffing in the toilet :lol:

Taken a few of the guys out but not really sure how to approach the rest? There seems to always be people close by to them. Could just go nuts of course.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I've just finished the 1st Hitman level in VR. It's great fun so far. Gonna work my way through all 3 over the next few months.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Been playing this a bit the last two days. Hitman is just exactly what you want from casual gaming isn't it?

Dubai level was over very quickly (not as quickly as @Solius). Dartmoor was quite fun and a fair bit longer. I want to go back and snipe her head off from the roof at some point. Berlin level is obviously cool. It's like a mixture of Berghain and Tresor's big upstairs room, but a bit fancier with the lighting. Having to put a sticker over your phone camera was a neat touch. Taken a few of the guys out but not really sure how to approach the rest? There seems to always be people close by to them. Could just go nuts of course.
Try and unlock all the challenges, some of them are really difficult and good fun.

el3mel

Dubai level was over very quickly (not as quickly as @Solius). Dartmoor was quite fun and a fair bit longer. I want to go back and snipe her head off from the roof at some point.

Berlin level is obviously cool. It's like a mixture of Berghain and Tresor's big upstairs room, but a bit fancier with the lighting. Having to put a sticker over your phone camera was a neat touch. First thing I did was go to buy pills off a dealer then nick his clothes and stash. Now I'm dressed as a bouncer and just barged in on two people sniffing in the toilet :lol:

Taken a few of the guys out but not really sure how to approach the rest? There seems to always be people close by to them. Could just go nuts of course.
That's why this mission is great, you are supposed to create the opportunity for the kill yourself. Like one of them kept on coming to the bar to drink. I stole a disguise of one of the waiters and poisoned the drink, since I'm the waiter no one suspects me, so when he returned to drink he needed to go to vomit and I got my chance to kill him away from the eyes. It's very simple strategy but weirdly gives you great sense of accomplishment that you figured it on your own.

Dartmour and Berlin levels were my most favorite ones in this game, for their own different merits.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
A free new level is being released next Tuesday. Feels like they should do more of this.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
That's why this mission is great, you are supposed to create the opportunity for the kill yourself. Like one of them kept on coming to the bar to drink. I stole a disguise of one of the waiters and poisoned the drink, since I'm the waiter no one suspects me, so when he returned to drink he needed to go to vomit and I got my chance to kill him away from the eyes. It's very simple strategy but weirdly gives you great sense of accomplishment that you figured it on your own.

Dartmour and Berlin levels were my most favorite ones in this game, for their own different merits.
Berlin was absolutely sensational. My favourite Hitman level ever I think.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'm pretty sure the modern Hitman trilogy is in my top 10 games ever, possibly top 5. I'm viewing them as a single game, since they kinda are, really. I remember how happy I was when the first one came out in 2016, that they had managed to get past Absolution and make a game more similar to Blood Money. And then when Hitman 2 came out I was just happy that they didn't go bankrupt after the first one, which they were very close to doing.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
IO have updated Hitman 3 to become Hitman: World of Assasinations, including a brand new game mode:

The big Hitman 3 update that includes the new Freelancer mode and turns the game into one that encompasses both Hitman and Hitman 2 is available now on PS5, PS4. Weighing in at anywhere from one to 8GB, this patch rebrands the series as Hitman - World of Assassination. All the content from the two previous rebooted entries is now housed under a single client. Maintenance on the game means it's not playable right now, but access will go live in the next few hours.

Hitman 3 owners get a free upgrade to this new edition, or newcomers can buy the whole collection for £31.89/$38.49 via a PS Plus discount available for one week. The price then goes up to £57.99/$69.99 once the offer expires.

Freelancer mode is what those already playing Hitman will want to boot up first, though. The new single player mode introduces roguelike elements as you go about eliminating targets and returning to a customisable safe house. Randomised mechanics will keep you on your toes, and there's not even a guarantee completing your objective will be possible. For a full list of patch notes and information on other changes made in January's 3.140 update, click the link.
Have started the new Freelancer mode and it’s really good. Until you progress, you don’t start with a full Arsenal of tools and weapons, so you are much more reliant on what you can find in the levels.

There are 8 contracts, each one targeting a different terrorist syndicate. There are 3 missions in each, with the final one being a Campaign with higher difficulty. The missions are set in locations from across Hitman 1 to 3.

The key is that if you fail or get killed, then you have to restart the whole contract. There is also no saving during the levels, so it’s much more tense knowing you could undo a whole load of progress and time.

This is a good overview of the new roguelite mode:
https://www.shacknews.com/article/133895/hitman-freelancer-tips?amphtml=1

Anyone else a fan of the Hitman games?

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Nice. Always been a fan of the Hitman games but I find it hard to replay too many times once you know the level design and the mechanics of where everyone goes. Will give this a spin though. There is a Hitman 3 thread I could merge this with if you wanted?

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Nice. Always been a fan of the Hitman games but I find it hard to replay too many times once you know the level design and the mechanics of where everyone goes. Will give this a spin though. There is a Hitman 3 thread I could merge this with if you wanted?
Ah that would make sense! Cheers!

Withnail

IO have updated Hitman 3 to become Hitman: World of Assasinations, including a brand new game mode:

Have started the new Freelancer mode and it’s really good. Until you progress, you don’t start with a full Arsenal of tools and weapons, so you are much more reliant on what you can find in the levels.

There are 8 contracts, each one targeting a different terrorist syndicate. There are 3 missions in each, with the final one being a Campaign with higher difficulty. The missions are set in locations from across Hitman 1 to 3.

The key is that if you fail or get killed, then you have to restart the whole contract. There is also no saving during the levels, so it’s much more tense knowing you could undo a whole load of progress and time.

This is a good overview of the new roguelite mode:
https://www.shacknews.com/article/133895/hitman-freelancer-tips?amphtml=1

Anyone else a fan of the Hitman games?
Thanks for the heads up! I've just updated the game and about to play it now.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Free to play?

Well yeah, if you've bought all the games. Can't expect to walk into freelance and only own one of the 3 ffs.
You can buy it for £31.89 on the PSN Store and that gives you access to every location and mission across all 3 games.