Film Hobbs and Shaw: Fast and the furious spinoff

• Thread starter Deleted member 101472
  • Start date

Deleted member 101472

That's a pretty stellar cast, and will probably ensure another box office smash for the franchise.

Trailer looks like it'll deliver the usual FATF moments :drool:

ChaddyP

They peaked at Tokyo drift. Then it became a cops and robbers franchise

Heardy

“Peaked” at Tokyo drift? Thought that was the worst. The lead character was horrendous.

Apparently Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel hate each other. Can’t see Hobbs being in the core franchise again.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Tokyo drift was let down by a terrible lead character but liked how they changed things up and went Japan, focusing on drift.

“Peaked” at Tokyo drift? Thought that was the worst. The lead character was horrendous.

Apparently Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel hate each other. Can’t see Hobbs being in the core franchise again.
Vin Diesel is a knob.

Heardy

Tokyo drift was let down by a terrible lead character but liked how they changed things up and went Japan, focusing on drift.

Vin Diesel is a knob.
Agree with the move to Tokyo, just didn’t buy in to the lead not lil bow wow and his hulk van.

Doesn’t Vin Diesel own the rights etc to the franchise? DJ called him out for being unprofessional etc I think but can’t see Vin Diesel losing out in the franchise.

Ironic given I always had the impression that Vin Diesel thought he was too big for the films hence Tyrese Gibson coming on board and the move to Tokyo...

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Agree with the move to Tokyo, just didn’t buy in to the lead not lil bow wow and his hulk van.

Doesn’t Vin Diesel own the rights etc to the franchise? DJ called him out for being unprofessional etc I think but can’t see Vin Diesel losing out in the franchise.

Ironic given I always had the impression that Vin Diesel thought he was too big for the films hence Tyrese Gibson coming on board and the move to Tokyo...
Exactly. Thought he was too good for the franchise and flopped with everything he's been in so came back.

ChaddyP

They had a peak ?
as a car enthusiast, car modifier and someone that used to street race regularly the first couple movies in the series were everything to me and the reason why it got popular. After that they went in a different direction where it was about cops and robbers and a bunch of other non sense and cars happened to be in it. From 4 and after they went downhill in some kind of odd italian Job wanna be franchise which is why i have my view. I dont care about oscar nomination acting or m night shyamalan style plots. I prefered when it was a niche movie that certain people could relate to. Its not relateable to me anymore. I been sticking to Initial D and wangan midnight re runs. :(

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Didn't know anyone thought Tokyo Drift was the peak. I kinda get the reasoning though...

Andersons Dietician

@ChaddyP Are you the DK of the CAF? I used to watch this then head out in my car at the time find a car park and drift the crap out of it, quickly realised a friend like Han with a supply of tyres would have been nice. Had an Evo 8, had done some tinkering and it was around 480 bhp if I recall.

Tokyo drift is vastly underrated and I still want to know who won in the hidden clip at the end. “Hans family”

This new spin off, why oh why are they giving a guy super powers? Is he Captain Britain and at what point are we going to get some sort of Fast and the Furious Marvel crossover.

Deleted member 101472

My top ten lines from the movies.

1. Life is simple, you make choices and you don’t look back- Han, Tokyo drift

2. I like the tuna here- Brian, FATF1

3. Pockets ain’t empty cuz- Brian, 2F2F

4. I thought you wanted to go to Tokyo? We’ll get there- Giselle and Han, F5

5. Ejecto seato cuz!- Roman, 2F2F

6. Do you know what DK stands for? Donkey Kong?- Shawn, Tokyo drift

7. You just Earned yourself a dance with the devil Boy- Hobbs, FATF7

8. Wanker- Deckard, FOTF

9. One car in exchange for knowing what a mans made of? That’s a price I can live with- HAN, Tokyo drift

10. I don’t got friends. I got family- Dom, FATF7

ChaddyP

@ChaddyP Are you the DK of the CAF? I used to watch this then head out in my car at the time find a car park and drift the crap out of it, quickly realised a friend like Han with a supply of tyres would have been nice. Had an Evo 8, had done some tinkering and it was around 480 bhp if I recall.
not sure about that, but im a JDM car freak. :lol: There is only one Keiichi Tsuchiya. The fact that he was in tokyo drift alone makes it so amazing for me. It was a fantastic easter egg for those who know.

I prefer grip racing to drifting, mostly becuase drifting isnt really a thing where im from. Grew up watching rally, drag and cirtcuit racing. I have had type rs and other japanese hot hatches. I now have my Mona Lisa , single turbo FD rx7 :devil:

EDIT: Tokyo Drift sound track is fire :drool:

ChaddyP

8. Wanker- Deckard, FOTF

9. One car in exchange for knowing what a mans made of? That’s a price I can live with- HAN, Tokyo drift

"Fifty percent of something is better than a hundred percent of nothing." - Han, Tokyo Drift

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
not sure about that, but im a JDM car freak. :lol: There is only one Keiichi Tsuchiya. The fact that he was in tokyo drift alone makes it so amazing for me. It was a fantastic easter egg for those who know.

I prefer grip racing to drifting, mostly becuase drifting isnt really a thing where im from. Grew up watching rally, drag and cirtcuit racing. I have had type rs and other japanese hot hatches. I now have my Mona Lisa , single turbo FD rx7 :devil:
Mate of mine had an RX7 back in the day, feck me the thing was rapid. I remember driving it one night and another friend of ours was in front of us in his R33 GTR and I had to keep letting off the accelerator because the Skyline wasn't quick enough.

What's yours putting out?

ChaddyP

Mate of mine had an RX7 back in the day, feck me the thing was rapid. I remember driving it one night and another friend of ours was in front of us in his R33 GTR and I had to keep letting off the accelerator because the Skyline wasn't quick enough.

What's yours putting out?

i think its at around 300 to the wheel. Nothing crazy, where i live its all B roads so its more about quick response and good corner exit speed than high horsepower output

Deleted member 101472

i think its at around 300 to the wheel. Nothing crazy, where i live its all B roads so its more about quick response and good corner exit speed than high horsepower output

Is that hood CF?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
"Fifty percent of something is better than a hundred percent of nothing." - Han, Tokyo Drift
It doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning - vin diesel

We hungry - Tyrese

They got a tank... - ludacris

I'm gonna beat your ass like a Cherokee drum - Rock

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Beautiful.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

8. Wanker- Deckard, FOTF

:lol::lol::lol:

These movies are so fecking crap.

meamth

Statham's voice became a living meme now.

No one talks like that in real life. :lol: