Film Hobbs and Shaw: Fast and the furious spinoff

• Thread starter Deleted member 101472
  • Start date

Drifter

American
Looks like great popcorn fun. Yeah won't win an oscar ,but will probably do better in the box office than "
The Shape of Water".

lsd

The Oracle
Looks like great popcorn fun. Yeah won't win an oscar ,but will probably do better in the box office than "
The Shape of Water".

That's just shows how dumb most people are though

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Tokyo Drift is the best one and I'll fight anyone* over this

*except the Rock
Tokyo Drift is probably the weakest film in the franchise.

Bring it bitch*.

* I've had countless drunken arguments with my friend over this subject

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This franchise has turned to shit. Not sure how there is enough popularity to pump out even more movies.
I am baffled how it managed to generate any sequels at all, the first Fast and the Furious was dog shit.

I imported that fecker on R1 DVD because of the hype, watched it on the Saturday night listed it on ebay straight after and got rid of it, utter garbage.

I can get on board with brainless movies, I can get on board with so bad they are good movies, I can get on board with movies that have actors I dont like in them if they are good movies.

Unfortunately the F&F films are brainless, just plain bad movies that have actors I dont like in them as well, so they are non starter for me.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Are The Rock & Kevin Hart in every movie these days?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Tbh, you probably could have actually made the film with entirely original characters and it would have sufficed. Only link to fast and furious is literally the characters of Hobbs and Shaw, and let's be honest they're just generic action movie characters. Had it have been called Johnson and Statham, the story wouldn't really change all that much.

Was shockingly shit IMO. But I'm bias I don't particularly like action films. Plus I wasn't a massive fan of the earlier FF films, and hate the later ones. Don't get why it's even called FF anymore.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I’d only watch it for the Rock and Statham as I like them both. But F&F is the worst, most annoying, franchise in film history, so I won’t be contributing any money towards it.

At least that insecure manlet Vin Diesel isn’t in it.

lsd

The Oracle
I’d only watch it for the Rock and Statham as I like them both. But F&F is the worst, most annoying, franchise in film history, so I won’t be contributing any money towards it.

At least that insecure manlet Vin Diesel isn’t in it.

This ten times over you really do have to be a special kind of stupid to like these films . They are just complete and utter dumb garbage films with nothing to offer at all.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Nope. Not in any hurry either to be honest.
Aye, I am not sure if it will be any fun tbf, but will probably watch it for the action stuff and few headbutts. I am not sure if there is any over the top decent action left in hollywood these days apart from this.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Aye, I am not sure if it will be any fun tbf, but will probably watch it for the action stuff and few headbutts. I am not sure if there is any over the top decent action left in hollywood these days apart from this.
Although I like Dwayne Johnson it feels like he's turned this into just any other random action movie. He's even thrown a cameo in for his mate Kevin Hart who's about as funny as an AIDS diagnosis. It's not a F&F movie as far as I'm concerned.

wr8_utd

:'(
It didn't really feel like much of a Fast and Furious movie tbh. It's a lot of action that's even more stupid than ever and it doesn't feel the same with just these two in it. Still an entertaining enough movie but, yeah, it's kind of crap.

The GoT jokes were probably the best bit about it.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
What actually is a FF movie though? Genres completely changed. What made them watchable for me is completely gone IMO.

Skills

Snitch
This is so shit. Dwayne Johnson is good in bitesize portions, but 2 hours of his cringeworthy lines and delivery is a bit too much for me.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Even when it comes to "disconnect your brain and enjoy the movie", this one reached a level of stupidity I didn't expect. The whole Samoa part... I mean who greenlit the fecking script :lol:

Sylar

Even when it comes to "disconnect your brain and enjoy the movie", this one reached a level of stupidity I didn't expect. The whole Samoa part... I mean who greenlit the fecking script :lol:
I enjoyed it, especially the cameos I wasnt expecting.

Its OTT and I love it for that.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
as a car enthusiast, car modifier and someone that used to street race regularly the first couple movies in the series were everything to me and the reason why it got popular. After that they went in a different direction where it was about cops and robbers and a bunch of other non sense and cars happened to be in it. From 4 and after they went downhill in some kind of odd italian Job wanna be franchise which is why i have my view. I dont care about oscar nomination acting or m night shyamalan style plots. I prefered when it was a niche movie that certain people could relate to. Its not relateable to me anymore. I been sticking to Initial D and wangan midnight re runs. :(
I really share your view on the franchise too. The bigger their budget has gotten and the more ridiculously stupid the movies have gotten
I enjoyed it, especially the cameos I wasnt expecting.

Its OTT and I love it for that.
Who didn't you expect ? Roman Reigns ?

Sylar

I really share your view on the franchise too. The bigger their budget has gotten and the more ridiculously stupid the movies have gotten

Who didn't you expect ? Roman Reigns ?
KH and RR. I expected Reigns though.

Also whilst the F&F movies changed direction, didnt they become bigger blockbusters after they changed direction, added the Rock and became cops and robbers and less about the cars?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
KH has stopped being funny a decade ago for me.
I thought his line about the three of them being alpha males was the funniest bit in the movie.

I'm all up for brainless action, huge fan of the F&F series but this is beyond stupid.