Hodgson announces England squad for Italy friendly.

Epic

With Butland in line to make his debut, when was the last time a player without top flight experience played for England?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
If England win this friendly they'll be saying its revenge for getting knocked out of the euros :D

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Crappy remarks by Hodgson over the Terry/FA case. Is it any wonder that some black players feel sidelined from the game in general?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/14/england-roy-hodgson-italy-john-terry
I don't think race is the issue there so much as the starting XI in the future, it sounds like England fans will see Terry against Moldova and in Brazil two years from now if Hodgson has his way. Probably start with Young and Milner tomorrow night for pity sake, just as well i'm still not really in football mode yet.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Hearing more of Roy's comments you'd suspect that somebody was being brought in front of the FA brass this morning.

The word is that Carrick will be given a pivotal role in the team tonight, Operation Imitate Pirlo or something. Of course the Italian didnn't have Milner to his right and Terry behind him in defence.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'd like to see;

Ruddy​
Walker - Jagielka - Cahill - Baines
Carrick - Rodwell - Cleverley​
Johnson-------------------------Chamberlain
Walcott​

Experienced back four aside from Walker which was what GB were missing, a 'disciplined' midfield and a pacy/tricky attack.

Ash_G

I don't understand why Lamps needs to be involved in this. We know exactly what he can give us and more then that, he's not gonna be the attacking mid anymore, he doesn't do that role for chelsea and he's unlikely to do it for England. He'll sit next to the dm, a role which you expect wilshere to take if fit and potentially clev if he impresses. If we have injuries or those two aren't performing than fair enough bring him in if he's playing well, but I just don't get starting him in a friendly when we should be looking at people who haven't been involved in a while and young players. That said the less game time carrick and clev the better for us.

Vibhas

AVB was hinting at Jan V and Kaboul being his 1st choice CB pairing...meaning Dawson and Caulker will be in reserve. likely 3rd and 4th respectively.
Kaboul's had a very good personal season, and Vertonghen's a 9.6 million pound defender signing; can't see it happening any other way!

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Roy really didnt need to comment on Terry, but he did and he's a twat. After bigging up the olympics and the respect shown, he then says he hopes a man clearly seen saying "fecking black cnut" is found not guilty by the FA.

I've long thought the man was a twerp, but pretended he was great coz it wound up the scousers, but now he's gone too far.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
We're forever being told what a nice man Roy is but I've the feeling he's of the old school & believes black players should just 'shut up and get on with it'. Nice.