Hopes, Fears & Predictions for the First Four Games

MUFC OK

D - 1-1 with a late United eulaiser
L - 2-0 Brighton who play us off the park
W - Bounce back with a hard fought 1-0 win over Spurs
D - 2-2 Draw in a surprisingly end to end game

Donald Dodd

Looks like our pre-season tour for the past three seasons have been piss poor.Things go wrong,needed signings not done.This current one feels even worse.The season is two weeks away.World Cup players won't start.We just need to win the first 4 games.

Seven Seas Sardines

W v Leicester
D v Brighton
L v spurs
L v Burnley
This season will be splendid. :lol: I'm kinda happy we're going through a horrible spell, because the glory hunters will be long gone once we start playing real football and supporting United won't be responded by a nod, but a face of awe. I think everything happens for a reason and these are the years of temptation. I went to the same street bar for 4 consecutive years in Thailand, where the owner was a massive United supporter. The last time I went he had started supporting City cos Tevez went there. Long may the misery continue if we get rid of these kloppers..

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We will win all four.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
We'll win the league this season, so I'm predicting a storming start.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This season will be splendid. :lol: I'm kinda happy we're going through a horrible spell, because the glory hunters will be long gone once we start playing real football and supporting United won't be responded by a nod, but a face of awe. I think everything happens for a reason and these are the years of temptation. I went to the same street bar for 4 consecutive years in Thailand, where the owner was a massive United supporter. The last time I went he had started supporting City cos Tevez went there. Long may the misery continue if we get rid of these kloppers..
What did I ever do to you? :(

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Fri 10th Aug Leicester (H) 1-1
Sun 19th Aug Brighton (A) 0-0
Mon 27th Aug Tottenham (H) 1-1
Sat 1st Sept Burnley (A) 1-0 loss

R77

12 points would be nice, yet we've won the title more than once after losing on the opening day. A different climate then, obviously. I'm expecting more like 7-9 points, with the pre season disruption and so on.

Makes you wonder what the Caf meltdown point is though. We could feasibly go as low as 5. Imagine.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think we're a lot stronger than people give us credit for and can see us winning all four games. Spurs are the strongest team we face and they're in a similar boat to us with a majority of their best players missing pre-season/start of the season.

WelshManc

I think the last time we had Leicester first game of the season we went on to win the Treble, so...:devil:

Robbo 7

Fri 10th Aug Leicester (H) 2-1 Win
Sun 19th Aug Brighton (A) 1-1 Draw
Mon 27th Aug Tottenham (H) 2-1 Win
Sat 1st Sept Burnley (A) 1-0 Win

10 points!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
10 points
WWWD

Leicester - lost their best player, Vardy and Maguire will be on holiday or just getting back fitness

Brighton - will struggle without the motivation of staying up, they now have to find the motivation to solidify as a regular in the PL which is difficult

Tottenham - They are very slow starters, it's borderline not a big game because Spurs need 1-2 months to play at a high level. We also have home advantage.

Burnley - The type of team that we slip up against, because they are very stubborn and you need good attacking play to break them down. Man City struggle a lot against Burnley so we will find it difficult.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Hopes: win all four games playing football that keeps me on the edge of my seat for 90+ minutes every match.

Fears: same old Snoozechester United putting me out by the 34th minute. Also, drawing three and losing one.

Predictions: lots of moaning in this forum.

Bolal7700

Convincing win
Narrow win 1-0 or 2-1
Lads, it’s Tottenham
Unconvincing draw

Witchking

If Sanchez starts the season on fire, we will win all. If not, then a mixture of draws and wins and worst case scenario of a loss at Spurs.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Not that worried to be honest providing the WC players are back for the 2nd game. The biggest fear is seeing no progress from last year obviously.

Perseus

Burnley expected to win all three of their games to make a showdown.

August

11: Southampton (a)

18: Watford (h)

25: Fulham (a)

AlwaysRed66

Burnley expected to win all three of their games to make a showdown.

August

11: Southampton (a)

18: Watford (h)

25: Fulham (a)
I wouldn't be surprised if Burnley are fighting relegation this season. Won many games with one goal, & they could have easily ended up as draws, due to their lack of goal threat.

Perseus

I wouldn't be surprised if Burnley are fighting relegation this season. Won many games with one goal, & they could have easily ended up as draws, due to their lack of goal threat.
i was going to say top of the table for Burnley and relegation on the last day of the season.

Experience has told me that betting for Burnley to fail is throwing dosh away.

Brighton do not need the points so badly at the beginning of the season. Win or bust last season.