How come Ole can only get a semi? | Can he finally go all the way?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Let’s see what happens in the second half (and second tie) but if we fail to proceed from the semis of the Europa for the second year running, despite being the clear favourites with unquestionably the best squad, it’ll be more than fair to say the denominator is the manager....there can surely be no clearer denominator of his ceiling?

It isn’t over yet though, in fairness

stw2022

Why are you moaning? We might still win the tie, that is all that matters.. It isn't like this 45 minutes are any representation of the entire tenure of Manchester United under Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.
We might win the tie but we are so fecking boring to watch so often. We have players capable of so much more. Sorry if that makes me spoiled but it’s only his history with the club that makes people deny the reality the way we play is so often indistinguishable to the tumescent crap LVG churned out

E-mal

Failing to beat this Roma side is similar to the Sevilla failure under Jose, it's a ground for sacking

Idxomer

Since his appointement:

Liverpool won the CL and the PL.

City won the PL once, about to win their 2nd, and has a very good chance of winning the CL this season.

Watford, Aston Villa, Tottenham, Leicester, and Arsenal have all reached cup finals.

Meanwhile, United fans were celebrating last year reaching 3 semifinals and happy getting 3rd on the last day of the season and following it by getting dumped spectacularly out of the CL.

Lee565

Another bottle job from the team under ole, how long will it take for pro ole fans to realise he can only take us so far as a club.

Wayne's World

Manchester City about to win the CL and we can't get past a mid-table bang average Roma side....

Well done Ole

Gythio

Are you people seriously blaming Ole for today? We’ve dominated the game in most aspects and were unlucky to concede two shit goals, that happens. We’ll turn it around

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Hasn't this happened enough times for people to be less reactionary and wait till it's over

*We are losing - Someone makes or comments on a negative thread regarding our play - We win
Hasnt this happened enough times for people to consider the points being made.

*We win a match, not playing well. But soon enough, not playing well isnt very sustainable and we get eliminated for all the trophies because United fails to compete against the better clubs?

We are getting used to it, but as far as I know, United's aim is actually to win trophies every season. Not just qualify for CL and get to some semi's. All whilst playing a decent brand of football. The "moaning" is clearly not just about the results, but also the performances.

Zen86

Fair enough, if you want to call it that. United will not play well under Ole long-term. There are some weeks where United do play well in a season, but usually it's poor.
The opening of this game was hilariously one-sided in our favour. From then our players seem to have been shell shocked by a couple of fluke moments, starting with the penalty. It’s been a bizarre match. That said, we’ve still quite clearly been the better team here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
To be honest if we can't get past Roma and end the season trophyless then this season is a failure IMO and we should explore our options. Not that there are loads of them... but still. Roma are fecking shite and if we lose another semi final here then I'll probably want him gone, even if we have improved this season. This would be a huge set back and trophies have to be prioritized, we can't keep going trophyless and relying on "progress". Needs tangible rewards eventually.

Djemba-Djemba

Let’s see what happens in the second half (and second tie) but if we fail to proceed from the semis of the Europa for the second year running, despite being the clear favourites with unquestionably the best squad, it’ll be more than fair to say the denominator is the manager....there can surely be no clearer denominator of his ceiling?

It isn’t over yet though, in fairness
You could make excuses for the other semi finals, and I did.

Oh well city are a very good side , de Gea throwing the ball into his own net twice cost us against Chelsea, Sevilla are unbeatable in the Europa League etc.

There can be no excuses for this. Roma are a very average side with lots of injuries and we even got a lovely early goal.

To go out again at this stage would be a disaster.

Paul_Scholes18

Not one of the best managers sadly and that is why. I think we lack winning mentality and that ability to raise our game when we have too.
We are more great just when we fight for top 4 to do the minimum or playing normal league games.
When the other teams raise the level for big cup games we stay at our normal league level.

Now is a chance to prove this wrong. Go all out attacking with Greenwood on and Mctominay off.

lilcurt

Are you people seriously blaming Ole for today? We’ve dominated the game in most aspects and were unlucky to concede two shit goals, that happens. We’ll turn it around
Unlucky with the pen, the second goal was shambolic defending luck had nothing to do with it.

I blame Ole for persisting with McFred despite them being a net negative on the team.

ti vu

Hasn't this happened enough times for people to be less reactionary and wait till it's over

*We are losing - Someone makes or comments on a negative thread regarding our play - We win
Perhaps, they're trying to jinx it, so we can win... I won't complain in that case

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Since his appointement:

City won the PL once, about to win their 2nd, and has a very good chance of winning the CL this season.

Watford, Aston Villa, Tottenham, Leicester, and Arsenal have all reached cup finals.

Meanwhile, United fans were celebrating last year reaching 3 semifinals and happy getting 3rd on the last day of the season and following it by getting dumped spectacularly out of the CL.
That's not really his fault to be fair.

JustAGuest

3x 45 minutes still left, and Roma aren't that good of a team. You would think we have been knocked out from the comments on here.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Lack of winners, thinking they can turn up in second gear and win with ease.
We started off well but it looks live we've folded straight after the penalty. We're mentally weak. It's not totally Ole's fault but he needs to instil this self-confidence into the players. He is ultimately the leader of the team.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
The opening of this game was hilariously one-sided in our favour. From then our players seem to have been shell shocked by a couple of fluke moments, starting with the penalty. It’s been a bizarre match. That said, we’ve still quite clearly been the better team here.
And even then, we haven't created a lot. A beautiful goal, Cavani should have scored from that mistake, Rashford had a good run for Bruno's chance. Might be forgetting things, but Roma are also quite dangerous during their counters, which makes me wonder, what exactly is the point of McFred. We arent any more stable with them as a pivot.

Shark

@NotShark
I'm not sure you've seen a team actually dominate a game recently. We had opportunities we fluffed but hardly in control.

The Oracle

Since his appointement:

This.

Giggsyking

Why are you moaning? We might still win the tie, that is all that matters.. It isn't like this 45 minutes are any representation of the entire tenure of Manchester United under Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.
I dont care for the result. Just take a look at how we play, it is primitive, watching other teams and comparing it to our games is like hurting your eyes with rubbish football we produce. How we cant put two passes together against shit teams is a mystery.

Zen86

And even then, we haven't created a lot. A beautiful goal, Cavani should have scored from that mistake, Rashford had a good run for Bruno's chance. Might be forgetting things, but Roma are also quite dangerous during their counters, which makes me wonder, what exactly is the point of McFred. We arent any more stable with them as a pivot.
I think their goals have taken the wind out of our sails to be honest, it’s completely knocked the players. If it wasn’t for that stupid penalty, I’d wager we would be 3-0 at HT.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I dont care for the result. Just take a look at how we play, it is primitive, watching other teams and comparing it to our games is like hurting your eyes with rubbish football we produce. How we cant put two passes together against shit teams is a mystery.
Was being sarcastic, this is apparently how the posters complaining of moaning think.

crossy1686

career ending
Since his appointement:

:lol: :lol: :lol: He's got nothing to do with what happens at any of those clubs. Talk about bollocks

stw2022

We’re as entertaining as watching an obese asthmatic eat crackers.

“Why are you moaning? He ate them didn’t he?”

We’re constantly outplayed by sides that we should be dominating. But as ever we score so all criticism is void. Until we concede then it’s all justified again in this constant battle of insisting only the last thing that happened can ever be spoken about

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Finally getting a final it seems. Not that it's much of an achievement against Roma who really look super poor but I'll take it.