How do we sell Harry Maguire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerociousCorgis

I'm not talking about his value but his wage hit on a club, mid table clubs like wolves, villa or Leicester can't afford to pay 190 a week for an average player. It's only the big six who can shell out that kind of money. Maguire's massive ego would struggle with a pay cut.
meh i think you are undervaluing finances for some teams. If he takes a small pay cut those teams would be able to afford him. Premier league teams on the whole are pretty well off for cash now with the amount of money pouring in.

buchansleftleg

When ETH arrives what I don't want to see is the usual PR guff we get early into a manager's reign.

For example... "club sources" state that the Manager has been "pleasantly surprised" at the progress made by /commitment shown by player______ and that he can be remodeled into a ________ role for the club.

This treatment will be doled out to any player we have massively overpaid for or overcommitted to in terms of contract so expect it to be applied to any of the following if we can't offload them.

Maguire -----> Defensive Midfielder
Maguire -----> deep lying playmaker
AWB -----------> Third centre back
AWB -----------> defensive midfielder
Martial -------> Lone Striker
Martial -------> inverted right winger

It's all guff of course, but it's the sort of bull that Woodward used to send out to give the impression of a well run ship, when in reality we have lurched from iceberg to iceberg in crisis mode.

Players being quickly and silently moved on will be a sign of progress.

We’re going to have to see him run his contract out
Unthinkable. I would even take the nuclear option and come to an agreement to terminate his contract by mutual consent. It won't come to that, some team would take him......perhaps. I'm not bothered by fee, just his massive wages and his massive head out of the club. We must make significant improvements in the squad; he isn't the only one who needs booting out the door.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
meh i think you are undervaluing finances for some teams. If he takes a small pay cut those teams would be able to afford him. Premier league teams on the whole are pretty well off for cash now with the amount of money pouring in.
I really don’t get your thought process sorry, he will not take a pay cut for a move. City, Chelsea, Arsenal or us wont be interested in Maguire. No other club are going to pay a CB £200k a week.
IF he moves United will be topping up the wages, I still don’t think he will go willingly, playing for United is to much for his ego. Just listen to his latest comments on bing picked game after game.

Lets look at the possibilities.

Leicester’s top earner is Vardy on £170k
West Ham’s top earner is Zouma on £120k

Last edited:
I really don’t get your thought process sorry, he will not take a pay cut for a move. City, Chelsea, Arsenal or us wont be interested in Maguire. No other club are going to pay a CB £200k a year.
IF he moves United will be topping up the wages, I still don’t think he will go willingly, playing for United is to much for his ego. Just listen to his latest comments on bing picked game after game.
Cash plus player deal for Kane or Son :lol: :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
People talking about selling him are way off base. Despite the year he's had,, hes still the captain. No way he gets sold within 6 months of his last game as captain, in my opinion. I'd settle instead for him just not making the team for a while.
Selling him might be the best and easiest way for people in charge of the club to show they're serious about making a changes.

Getting someone to buy him though.... that's not something that's in the club's hands.

Yakuza_devils

We should really try our luck with Newcastle. They should have some money to burn.

The club need to make a big statement by selling Maguire.

It's not acceptable to be on top salary and yet perform so badly the entire season like a league 1 CB.

USREDEVIL

I hate to pile on but part of me feels like until we get him out of the club he will be an albatross because of his high wages and high profile (just in that he's very well known).

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I really don’t get your thought process sorry, he will not take a pay cut for a move. City, Chelsea, Arsenal or us wont be interested in Maguire. No other club are going to pay a CB £200k a week.

Lets look at the possibilities.

Leicester’s top earner is Vardy on £170k
West Ham’s top earner is Zouma on £120k
We need Ten Haag to tell him he is not in his plan, so either he can rot in reserve, or take a pay cut and move elsewhere.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Send him a free holiday ticket to Greece where he will enjoy luxury everything for 14 days. Profit. He is now in Jail.

lex talionis

If we can’t sell Maguire, the manager has to have the backing of the club to put him on the rotation behind two proper CBs. As a third or fourth choice CB, Maguire would be an asset for the squad. If he moans, then he can train with the reserves.

Speako

Yeah it has to be Newcastle. They’ll panic when Botman joins Milan and no one else fancies the project. Or Inter, we seem to be able to sell
them the overpaid donkey dream, and Maguire may fancy escaping to a slower league.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Yeah it has to be Newcastle. They’ll panic when Botman joins Milan and no one else fancies the project. Or Inter, we seem to be able to sell
them the overpaid donkey dream, and Maguire may fancy escaping to a slower league.
I don't see Newcastle spending crazy money on other teams mistakes. I'm assuming that Eddie Howe will have a degree of input into the clubs business this Summer & I don't see him thinking Maguire would help. Any manager or DOF would be putting his job on the line if he made that deal.

Josh 76

All depends on his contract and how long their is left.

I think Maguire would be a good signing for teams that defend deep and are not in the spot light every week.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
This signing has really bombed on us....it cost us a bomb and now we have a defused inert bomb in our hands. There's just no bombing our way out of this.

E-mal

This signing has really bombed on us....it cost us a bomb and now we have a defused inert bomb in our hands. There's just no bombing our way out of this.
Not impressed, you can do better than this. It's not ffunny making a joke out of someone else's misery.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
All depends on his contract and how long their is left.

I think Maguire would be a good signing for teams that defend deep and are not in the spot light every week.
Newcastle is always an option, reckon he'd do well for them.

One thing is for sure, he'll be wanting out of the club asap after some lunatic threatened to blow his house up.

His family were abolutely terrified by all accounts.

Mike Smalling

I have no idea who this specific journalist is, but it feels like it's a free for all with Man Utd related stories at the moment. This could just be made up, and the timing is strange given that there is new manager and coaching team coming in. Even if they are following along, I doubt they have a firm opinion on Maguire yet.

hobbers

What does the leader of the backline even mean?

Does she mean captaincy? Maguire starting regularly? Being part of the long term plans?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I have no idea who this specific journalist is, but it feels like it's a free for all with Man Utd related stories at the moment. This could just be made up, and the timing is strange given that there is new manager and coaching team coming in. Even if they are following along, I doubt they have a firm opinion on Maguire yet.
It's probably unrelated to Ten Hag, but Melissa Reddy is usually good and doesn't tend to just spout nonsense for clicks. Think she's usually been a "tier 1" type for Liverpool in the past, though I feel like she got a different role and covers more clubs now.

Speako

I don't see Newcastle spending crazy money on other teams mistakes. I'm assuming that Eddie Howe will have a degree of input into the clubs business this Summer & I don't see him thinking Maguire would help. Any manager or DOF would be putting his job on the line if he made that deal.
To many teams and managers, Maguire will still be seen as a major player within the national team and an update on their current roster: Although I agree regarding Howe, I still think Newcastle fall into this category.
Problem is of course, no one is spending anything like a decent amount on him.

ElBarto

Be nice to act like a big club and just freeze him out. It's now a surprise at Chelsea when Lukaku starts same should go for the fridge. Squad player, bench filler, defensive injury crisis only is what he should be used as. We're lumbered with him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think he's finished at the club. His situation reminds me of Karius at Liverpool after that final. I can't see him coming back from this season.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I'm not talking about his value but his wage hit on a club, mid table clubs like wolves, villa or Leicester can't afford to pay 190 a week for an average player. It's only the big six who can shell out that kind of money. Maguire's massive ego would struggle with a pay cut.
These clubs are already forking out top wages, financials are strong for these clubs. Villa pay Ings 120k a week, Everton pay Yerry Mina 120k a week, West Ham pay Zouma 125k a week. Palace pay Zaha 130k a week, 120k a week to Benteke, Leicester pay Schmeichel 130k a week, Vardy 140k a week... You get the gist.

Maguire won't be making £190k a week elsewhere, but these mid-table clubs can pay 80% of the wages for likes of him and Rashford who's on 200k a week. Rest can either be a pay cut or subsidized by us. This is without considering Newcastle who'll have deeper pockets than anybody else. Main issue when it comes to moving these players, would be convincing them to move not that there would be any suitors capable of paying them.

FerociousCorgis

These clubs are already forking out top wages, financials are strong for these clubs. Villa pay Ings 120k a week, Everton pay Yerry Mina 120k a week, West Ham pay Zouma 125k a week. Palace pay Zaha 130k a week, 120k a week to Benteke, Leicester pay Schmeichel 130k a week, Vardy 140k a week... You get the gist.

Maguire won't be making £190k a week elsewhere, but these mid-table clubs can pay 80% of the wages for likes of him and Rashford who's on 200k a week. Rest can either be a pay cut or subsidized by us. This is without considering Newcastle who'll have deeper pockets than anybody else. Main issue when it comes to moving these players, would be convincing them to move not that there would be any suitors capable of paying them.
exactly what i was trying to say. Most PL teams have the money to get maguire if they wanted to. im sure there are creative ways to if they can get him to restructure and maybe add in different bonuses or something.

NewUser777

We dont sell Maguire now! He has a hell of a job to do in the summer getting back on the horse. If he can’t do it, he should be sold. This season has been terrible. But it has for most players. For Harry it crunch time and getting back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.