How do we sell Harry Maguire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulAlwaysScholesAGoal

It's only when you look back that you realise just how absolutely horrifyingly bad he is. I can't embed vids yet, youtube KaiiZoFilms Harry Maguire Here We go Again....

12 mins of blunders from our captain.

el3mel

It's only when you look back that you realise just how absolutely horrifyingly bad he is. I can't embed vids yet, youtube KaiiZoFilms Harry Maguire Here We go Again....

12 mins of blunders from our captain.

Thanks..that video is hilarious. The moment at 8:19 is the peak Harry Maguire and shows how he thinks himself way too good then fecks it up completely.

PaulAlwaysScholesAGoal

Thanks..that video is hilarious. The moment at 8:19 is the peak Harry Maguire and shows how he thinks himself way too good then fecks it up completely.
I mean sure you could probably make a video like this for several players on our team like Dalot or Telles, but hes supposed to be an £80m pound captain of Manchester United. I stand by my opimion that our biggest problem going forward is going to be Maguire and Rashford (though he still has a chance). Pogba, Dalot, Telles etc will all be gone.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He’s created such uncertainty in the back line that it forces others to make mistakes even when he’s not playing. Or something like that

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Can’t wait for the drama later when he likes a twitter or insta post about how it’s not him that’s poor.

Pickle85

Bumping the Maguire thread when other defenders make mistakes is such a weird thing to do.

Pickle85

Not really. This is what people want instead, it's fair discussion.
I don't think anyone would deny that the back line as a unit isn't good enough. That doesn't make Maguire any better. It's a cheap attempt at point scoring.

Woodenlung

Defence is still a bombscare even without Maguire. Players make so many errors because the structure isn't in place for them to make good decisions. But we blame the individuals rather than address the actual issues.

Maguire has never been the issue and the scapegoating, placing all the blame on him, has always been stupid.

Lentwood

Defence is still a bombscare even without Maguire. Players make so many errors because the structure isn't in place for them to make good decisions. But we blame the individuals rather than address the actual issues.

Maguire has never been the issue and the scapegoating, placing all the blame on him, has always been stupid.
Correct. As I have said all season.

AndySmith1990

With or without Maguire we're shit.
Just as we're shit with or without Ronaldo
Just as we're shit with or without Fred, Mctominay, Rashford...you get the point.

There's no magical combination of players we can field that makes us a good team. Being smug and making some witty "I told you so" quip when we're still losing despite your favourite player being dropped, doesn't make you look clever.

Lentwood

Just as we're shit with or without Fred, Mctominay, Rashford...you get the point.

There's no magical combination of players we can field that makes us a good team. Being smug and making some witty "I told you so" quip when we're still losing despite your favourite player being dropped, doesn't make you look clever.
But that's the point we have been making all season.....

So it absolutely is relevant.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

This thread doesn't look clever then.

Jibbs

Simply pray that we can convince Newcastle to get him for 50 million.
Although I still think he can shine along with the right kind of partner.

estel_manutd

If he falls out of favor, I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes for a move himself, given it is a world cup year.

SAFMUTD

Wouldn't surprise me. He doesn't fit in a Ten Hag system at all.
He doesn't fit any scheme that involves high pressure football. Meaning no top team will have him, maybe someone from Italy with the low block and catenaccio.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Why would Ten Hag care about Maguire and other players whilst he is still currently working at ajax?

Seems like bullcrap to get the views of the United fan base.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Has anyone tried to hoodwink potential buyers for Maguire?.

Change his last name by deed poll, grow his hair a bit longer and give him a tan.. Call him Harry Maldini and flog him for £60m :-)

RoyH1

Yes, these players absolutely need more power and pandering.
The captaincy concept is so overrated around these parts. Do like other clubs, most senior player in number of appearances gets the armband and other leaders can always lead by example.

NoPace

Plenty of good cb in serie B.

Maguire value is worthless outside united. Fans dont want him. Only united fans still have some hope for him
He starts for England. I bet West Ham would play 30M for him tomorrow. There will be a market.

Mike Smalling

The captaincy concept is so overrated around these parts. Do like other clubs, most senior player in number of appearances gets the armband and other leaders can always lead by example.
Fully agreed. Easiest would be to give it to De Gea in my opinion. He's been here the longest, has actually won something of note with the club, and he always plays, so there is no controversy about dropping the captain.

JohnnyKills

He starts for England. I bet West Ham would play 30M for him tomorrow. There will be a market.
Not just the fee though is it. It's the wages too. A middling PL club might be able to afford the fee but the wage on top? No chance.

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
Wow he's hilariously bad indeed. For me, him pulling down Shaw tops it for me :houllier: Maybe he's colorblind, that would explain a lot.

NoPace

Not just the fee though is it. It's the wages too. A middling PL club might be able to afford the fee but the wage on top? No chance.
Newcastle seem to smart and focused on younger players, but could obviously afford it.

Zouma is supposedly on 120 (and Yarmolenko 115?) and Maguire on 190, so Maguire on 150 as an England starter shouldn't break their wage system really. Ogbonna and Yarmolenko expiring alone matches Maguire's wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.