How do we sell Harry Maguire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
A big issue with english players is that a bit like italian players they are unlikely to be interested in a move abroad, which means that the pool of teams that can afford them and also interest the player is very small. I'm still pleasantly surprised to see players like Smalling and Abraham move abroad when they were unwanted by their clubs.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think he's someone who will look to leave for his own career rather than sit and collect wages. So i think he's one where we definitely can sell. Just it won't be to a big 6 club, so he'll need a big wage drop.

Skills

Snitch
We could do with the media coming out to defend him. Once the media jump on the bandwagon of making him a meme we'll never be able to sell him.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Who ever takes him, the best we can expect is £0 upfront, and £0 a month for a really long time

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think he's someone who will look to leave for his own career rather than sit and collect wages. So i think he's one where we definitely can sell. Just it won't be to a big 6 club, so he'll need a big wage drop.
I doubt that. He knows he will never get paid anywhere near what he is getting at Utd if he leaves.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Maybe your right but he has a bit of arrogance in him. He’s like ‘I’m captain of Manchester United and I still start every game for the national team so I can’t be that bad’

antsmithmk

Hates women.
We should see if Kellogg's are interested... He could be given away in a box of cornflakes.

HookedOnAPhelan

I think our best bet at this point is to strip and sell him off for parts.

His arms and legs could be sent to the four corners of Britain, as a warning.

hp88

We are going to struggle to move him on but we deserve it for giving him a ridiculous deal to start with.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I doubt that. He knows he will never get paid anywhere near what he is getting at Utd if he leaves.
You never know. I dunno I just get the impression with him that he wouldn't settle for being a bench player and would look to leave.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You never know. I dunno I just get the impression with him that he wouldn't settle for being a bench player and would look to leave.
Maybe you are right I don't know but I know it's a short career and if you likely to drop to half your salary if you move then most would stay.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
He's only moving on a free. No team will pay a fee for him AND pay him anything close what he makes at United. Should have been moved on this summer.

Sunk cost fallacy personified.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Is football the only industry other than British mp where you can be THIS bad at your job and not be fired?

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Anyone thought of the cheaper option to dress him up with a face mask of a prime Vidic to sell him on?. Slap on an AIG kit and and every club will come flying out for him :lol:

Member 101269

Perhaps an unnamed Saudi might me an offer similar to, but not as good, as Ronaldo's alleged offer.

Trequarista10

What teams actually play with a deep defensive line, and go long from the back? Because our best hope is such a team making a bid...

Trequarista10

Or, what teams are coached by someone with a massive ego who thinks they can fashion a top defender out of him.
Don't see any progressive/modern manager being so blind. If he was younger and cheaper they may think they could mould him, but no chance now. Much more likely an older, more conservative manager thinks he could do a job in a side parking the bus and hitting on the break. Not sure if Moyes' West Ham quite fit the bill as I haven't watched much of them, but they could afford him and not such a big drop down that Maguire would be reluctant to go imo.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Don't see any progressive/modern manager being so blind. If he was younger and cheaper they may think they could mould him, but no chance now. Much more likely an older, more conservative manager thinks he could do a job in a side parking the bus and hitting on the break. Not sure if Moyes' West Ham quite fit the bill as I haven't watched much of them, but they could afford him and not such a big drop down that Maguire would be reluctant to go imo.
Actually Moyes isn't a bad shout. Do you think if we kept benching him he would want to leave? Certainly his public comments suggest that he thinks he is elite so perhaps he would want to move and play?

finneh

Have to sell him then.

At this point I'd be taking anything £30m and above.

Maybe even £25m and above
I still don't understand what team pays £25-30m for Maguire alongside the £40m wage packet he'd demand.

He earns too much for any team to pay apart from City, Chelsea, Bayern, Barce, Liverpool, Real, PSG or United.

Whatever we think he's worth we'd need to deduct £20m from that valuation to subsidise his wages over the next 4 years.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Was the penalty his only mistake of the game? Didn't watch the game

hp88

Maguire will want a move to someone in the top four as he still believes that he's in the top tier of defenders, can't fault him for thinking that though.

Problem we have is that no one will touch him regardless of fee or wages, Newcastle get mentioned alot but they have never actaully shown any interest in him and it's obviouse why, if the Chelsea interest was genuine were idots for not acting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.