How do you feel with a Jose out banner?

AndyJ1985

Football fans (or is it mainly United fans?) are a funny bunch. Happy to bitch and moan on the internet all day long, but when anybody actually tries to take action and do something meaningful it's opposed and ridiculed as being embarrassing or classless.

feck that. Nothing will change at our club no matter how many "The problem is..." threads get started on redcafe. Make banners and boo the feck out of Woodward and Mourinho. Make them realise we're not happy being a club that exists only to increase revenue every year, and we're not happy with the shite negative football. If anyone tells you it lacks class, tel them where they can go

Needham

Write "3 Years of excuses and it's still crap. Tara Mougie". Curious what might follow.

red thru&thru

Should have been done much earlier. The guy has been living on his past achievements his whole time here.

What I would love more is a total boycott of all Manchester United products and tickets until he is out
I agree with boycotting games and merchandise. It's not just about Jose but about how the football side of things are being run. Jose out banners leave it at the feet of just Jose, when it is more than that.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Who cares about PR bullshit when your club (forget the brand of football) can't even produce now a decent result in not so tough matches at home.

Do what you feel needs to be done.

Red_toad

Although my life is a disappointment according to you, I am going to help you out with some basic statistics so you stop making crap comparisons. First of all 4*3 = 12. We have won 2/12 trophies.

Secondly, “Only one in a thousand abusive husbands eventually murder their wives" was the argument used by OJ Simpson's legal team. However, if you change the statement to "“Only one in a thousand abusive husbands eventually murder their wives given the wife is dead" the probability goes to 0.97.

Likewise, you are talking about all clubs. We are Manchester united. Even if you change the statement to "there are 4 trophies available each season, given we are Manchester United, how often should we win"

Besides, even if you ignore all of that it's not even about the trophies. We are not even in any of the title races. In fact, we aren't even competitive against likes of Crystal Palace and Bournemouth. So yeah, only few deluded fans like yourself think there's anything to be proud about right now.
You alright dude? Think you need help if you think I'm deluded. Stating facts and you go off an a tangent about murdering people.
Simply stating Jose has won stuff whilst at United, you don't value trophies, that's your issue. Personally loved our Europa run, it's part of being a fan, you know where you actually get enjoyment out of the sport.
We've done very little this season that's made me proud of the team nor the manager, but that does in no way detract from Jose' entire tenure at the club. He has had success, but his time is done and he needs to leave.

Football fans (or is it mainly United fans?) are a funny bunch. Happy to bitch and moan on the internet all day long, but when anybody actually tries to take action and do something meaningful it's opposed and ridiculed as being embarrassing or classless.

feck that. Nothing will change at our club no matter how many "The problem is..." threads get started on redcafe. Make banners and boo the feck out of Woodward and Mourinho. Make them realise we're not happy being a club that exists only to increase revenue every year, and we're not happy with the shite negative football. If anyone tells you it lacks class, tel them where they can go
I agree - seems people are happy to accept mediocrity being served up

worldinmotion66

Pochettino or Howe would be my choice, neither attainable before the seasons end, if at all in Pochettino’s case. I’m willing to give Jose until the end of the season to sort us out. If not...

I don’t think Carrick would do a better job as interim coach.
Mourinho accredited carrick with the turn around against city last season. He's worked under some top motivators and tacticians - who else has worked with Redknapp, Ferguson, Van Gaal and Mourinho? I can see no reason to keep José, so surely Carrick as interim is a worthwhile gamble? We aren't finishing top four right now anyway, so what do we really have to lose? We can reassess at the end of the season.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Mourinho accredited carrick with the turn around against city last season. He's worked under some top motivators and tacticians - who else has worked with Redknapp, Ferguson, Van Gaal and Mourinho? I can see no reason to keep José, so surely Carrick as interim is a worthwhile gamble? We aren't finishing top four right now anyway, so what do we really have to lose? We can reassess at the end of the season.
We have a fair bit to lose tbf. It’s really important we make the champions league one way or another, and I’d trust Jose to get us there over someone who’s never managed before.

That isn’t to say I wouldn’t be interested to see how we’d do under Carrick but I just don’t think we can afford to gamble.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Banners are for sad sacks

Until the match going fans stop clapping and cheering him there is always going to be a notion by the board that Jose has the support with him

Start booing him and shouting Jose out. It’s cheaper than a banner

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Fair point but we are just saying why not use your voices on the stands first and then resort to planes if you have to. United fans seem to be indulgent to the point of complete idiocy and then they flip 360 when far too much time has passed and then resort to planes to make a statement. Perhaps wake up smell the coffee a lil earlier and make your voice heard a lot earlier in the process and save us all this prolonged ordeal.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
White hankies a la Madrid fans?:D

RedDevil@84

Jose will be out when we are mathematically out of top 4. Not any sooner. I wouldn't waste the money on banners.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Having been to my first game of the season yesterday, I was absolutely baffled by the support shown to Jose by the match going fans. Too much of a 'top red' mentality and people making excuses for the manager. Anyone that cant see these players can perform a lot better are frankly delusional.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Fans should also start boycotting games.
Cancel MUTV subscriptions.
Don't renew season tickets.
Don't buy merchandise.
Don't watch games on Sky or BT.

All done. I'm doing my part.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I don’t mind a banner to be honest.

A better and more impactful gesture would be for match going fans to stop going. I bet you the board will take notice immediately if that happens.

Classical Mechanic

I think he still has a bulk of match-going fans on his side, weirdly enough.

Kind of superfluous. I feel (foolishly, perhaps?) that all parties involved sort of acknowledge Mourinho will be gone at the end of the season. It’s kind of, keep her going until that day.
They stuck by Moyes too. They still believe in the cult of the manager and think they can get another Fergie.

Andersons Dietician

Banners are a no go, just cringey and classless and it’ll probably get boo’ed. Simply stop singing Jose’s name. Not really keen on booing as to me that must have an affect on the players which might be negative and that is not what people want.

It is difficult and well booing after games like yesterday might be the only way out and all the empty seats, surely someone must keep track of what is trending on social media which is all United related as well.

laughtersassassin

Would rather the match going fans just made it known his time is up. 7th with -1 goal difference coming into December is unacceptable. I know our fans think it's "bad" to turn on the manager hence why they kept supporting Moyes and LVG but when it's for the good of the club it must be done.

Like I was at the Valencia game and many still sung his name although other clearly did try to change song asap which show a lot are turning on him. But let's be honest that game was a disgrace. He let us draw and didn't even make a sub till 10 minutes to go. Nobody should be singing his name anymore. Then he did the same thing a few games later but made 0 subs.

It's not helpful.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Or the Stretford End can just sing 'Feck off Mourinho'? I mean... that's classier than a banner right? And it would probably give the players a lift. Imagine them hearing the fans still 'supporting' the manager... must be disheartening.

CallyRed

Can we just paint over the Moyes one. Must be in someone’s garage still.

Yakuza_devils

While boycotting can really make our voices heard but it will also definitely hurt the club financially and it may takes a long time for the club to recover.

On the other hand, if we don't, the club may still keeps Woody and Jose who are both very likely to cause us more and more misery with no end in sight.

2Bullish

Id rather see a "THIS IS NOT UNITED" banner, so the manager and the team are all in included, don't get me wrong I don't like the way we play and thats down to the manager but the players cant be let off the hook, especially that prima donna Pogba and his wankstain mate Sanchez.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I don't agree at all. It is a really stupid idea and totally lacks class.
If anybody thinks that it will have any effect at all then I am sorry but it won't.

Massive organisations like Manchester United do not base their strategy on silly banners. They base their decisions on a whole range of issues; a banner not being one of them.

Carolina Red

Staff
Id rather see a "THIS IS NOT UNITED" banner, so the manager and the team are all in included, don't get me wrong I don't like the way we play and thats down to the manager but the players cant be let off the hook, especially that prima donna Pogba and his wankstain mate Sanchez.
I’d be much more open to that over a “_______ out!” banner.

TsuWave

Get the plane and fly that banner and get me a mini version that I can put in my car

Roboc7

It only rallies people to get behind the manager, like all the talk before the Newcastle game all it did was bring more support for the manager.

Mourinho isn’t turning this round but the board aren’t going to sack him, it’s too expensive. Just have to wait it out until mathematically impossible to finish in top four which could be even earlier than under Moyes.

ZupZup

Anybody in this thread who doesn’t go to matches should not be preaching to people who do actually do, about what they should be doing at matches.

If they care that much, buy a ticket, go to the match and do it yourself.

I think a lot of people mistake support for the team as being support for the manager. There wasn’t as much uptake to any Jose related songs yesterday where I was stood. Not like there has been previously.

Also, talk of boycotting. Easy to spout when you haven’t paid several hundred pounds on a season ticket already.

JohnnyKills

Completely get the sentiment but the only thing that will really hurt the Glazers is denying them money. It's the only language they seem to understand.

Going to games and booing is pointless. We have to avoid the games altogether.

RyRy11

I don't really care how "Classy" we are seen by other fans, they all hate us anyway. Lets sort out our priorities first and foremost.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
We should go with "3 years of excuses and still crap. Ta ra Mou." Who knows, it might work again.

BlueHaze

He will be gone come may so the banner would be a waste of time. If banners are to be brought out it should be against the charlatan Glazers along with the green and gold scarves.