How do you feel with a Jose out banner?

Sir Scott McToMinay

I think the difference between booing and a banner is that booing cannot be seen as a specific act of protest against the manager, but also against the players.
I think both are fine, it’s not like he was overly respectful of the club so far.

Fosu-Mens

He will be gone when CL-qual is impossible, so he will be sacked around the beginning of April. Carrick will take over for the rest of the season. No reason to waste money on a banner that will make no difference.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How should fans show their displeasure at a manager?
I wouldn't pay for a banner but I don't have anything against people who decide to bring one. Fans don't have a voice.

hobbers

Jose out is frankly not even top of the agenda.

Woodward, half the squad should be on the banner. Hype buys over squad building etc.

manc exile

Supports
City
He will be gone when CL-qual is impossible, so he will be sacked around the beginning of April. Carrick will take over for the rest of the season. No reason to waste money on a banner that will make no difference.

April is very optimistic, reckon CL qualification will be out of reach by end Feb beginning of March

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Stop going to games. That’s the only thing that will be taken any notice of. Banners, planes whatever else are just an embarrassment to the fans.
Completely agree with this. Fans should unite to boycott going to games. This is the only thing a board focused on money and commercials will be interested in. Sometimes, supporting your team means doing something against their immediate interests for the big picture.

Adisa

I also think some people are overly concerned with looking classy. If you've paid for your season ticket, staying away becomes pointless. The club already have your money. Booing can be interpreted in different ways as no one knows why you are booing. There were lots of boos yesterday but ii heard the fans that did got a lot of shit for it.
I think there's this fundamental belief that you're not supposed to show any kind of discontent at games and you have to cheer your team unconditionally. It's bullshit imo.
You can boo, you can't bring banners, you can't hire a plane. Are white hankies fine?

Devil81

He's won two trophies and been beaten in the Fa cup final. He deserves far more respect than a banner given the trophies he's won for us over the last two and a bit years.

I do believe he needs to move on but I also believe the squad needs stripping down because no manager could win leagues with these players. Jose was right, these players lack the character to win football matches and league titles.

He's had time to build the squad though, he's not addressed the defence enough and he's failed to deliver. He should go, but let's not start showing him the disrespect we shown Moyes.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Stop going to games. That’s the only thing that will be taken any notice of. Banners, planes whatever else are just an embarrassment to the fans.
I already do this. Not as a specific boycott as such, but because it's not worth the big price any more. I guess that's the same thing.

Devil81

Actually, the white hankies is a good way of displaying your feelings towards a manager without real abuse.

I always thought it was weird but now it actually seems more respectful than screaming abuse.

I'm all for a white hanky.

Adisa

Completely agree with this. Fans should unite to boycott going to games. This is the only thing a board focused on money and commercials will be interested in. Sometimes, supporting your team means doing something against their immediate interests for the big picture.
You are never going to get enough people to boycott something they have already paid a fortune for.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You are never going to get enough people to boycott something they have already paid a fortune for.
I don't know about Manchester United, but in general people who have season tickets are still a minority of the people in the stadium. I could be completely wrong, but I'm sure there are enough fans who still buy tickets on a game by game basis that, if their numbers dropped in attendance due to the current performances, it would be felt.
I also think some people are overly concerned with looking classy. If you've paid for your season ticket, staying away becomes pointless. The club already have your money. Booing can be interpreted in different ways as no one knows why you are booing. There were lots of boos yesterday but ii heard the fans that did got a lot of shit for it.
I think there's this fundamental belief that you're not supposed to show any kind of discontent at games and you have to cheer your team unconditionally. It's bullshit imo.
You can boo, you can't bring banners, you can't hire a plane. Are white hankies fine?
I agree, fans who are unwilling or, even worse, restricting others from criticizing or booing the club are not helping anything change and actually hurting the club from progressing in a footballing sense. A real fan is someone willing to go against the masses when they see something is off and will tell the club exactly how they feel with no restraint. It's kind of like nationalism vs patriotism.

Lentwood

I know it’s embarrassing. Not classy. Etc.

But on the other hand, the board are doing nothing. This, or another sort of protest needs to be done to get some change at our club.

I’m not saying I’ll be the one to do it, just hypothetically, if one was flown next week, how would you feel?

I’d be all for it personally. Don’t us fans have a responsibility to tell the board how we feel? Sort of put the situation in our hands?
Yeah good idea. Whilst we are at it lets make a “Zidane Out” banner to save time next season when we’re still shit. Actually, just put “Manager Out” because I feel that will save us loads of time over the coming seasons.

My logic is;

Do I believe Jose is a good manager? Yes

Do I believe Jose is a good fit for the job that needs to be done at Utd right now? Probably not

Do I believe other managers could do better? Perhaps, but not significantly i.e. i dont believe a change in manager would see us challenge for the title

However, it is clear to me that the problem is Ed Woodward. Until Ed goes, I can tell you now we wont win another major trophy - because its not his priority

el3mel

Don't care.

Match going fans have the right to do whatever they want. They earned that right with their money.

Winrar

Would do jack shit and it feels embarrassing every time something like this happens so I would rather not see it.

reddaz71

Would give the real culprits the Glazers and Woodward something to hide behind,yes Mourinho has gone has far has he can but lets not forget how completely inept the club is being run,the best protest would be to boycott games,merchandise and mutv subscription,maybe that would possibly give the owners something to think about!

MrBest

He's won two trophies and been beaten in the Fa cup final. He deserves far more respect than a banner given the trophies he's won for us over the last two and a bit years.

I do believe he needs to move on but I also believe the squad needs stripping down because no manager could win leagues with these players. Jose was right, these players lack the character to win football matches and league titles.

He's had time to build the squad though, he's not addressed the defence enough and he's failed to deliver. He should go, but let's not start showing him the disrespect we shown Moyes.
Totally agree with this, well said. Only thing we need is for people not to chant his name. Show him that the support is going, frustrations are maxed. A banner is a lack of respect, the guy did try his best in his own way.

PoTMS

If it worked, I'd be all for it. But nothing we do will hasten Mourinho's exit. It's just a waiting game until the end of the season.

Red00012

One word Embarassing.

I’m not a fan of Jose but I think these flying banners over OT are cringe. If you think Ed is bothered by 4-5 fellas having a whip around to fly a plane to convey a message you’re sadly mistaken. Utd make hundreds of millions every year and if you think they’re going to sack a manager over a banner think again.

I’ve seen a few posts where people are saying don’t go to the games, that’s fine if you’re just a keyboard warrior but some people on here have paid for their seat last May so they’re well entitled to do what they want. The board won’t be too bothered if a season ticket match goer doesn’t show up because the seat has been paid for already.

You’ve got to realise that a lot of match goers have been going there 30-40 years and have no intention of booing the players or the manager whatever their feelings might be. And then you’ve got the tourists who continue to flock to OT and shows no sign of stopping. Again they’ve no intention of booing. If our performance on the pitch was anything like the commercial side of the club we’d be top of the league.

I’m expecting he’ll be gone at the end of the season when we’re mathematically out of getting 4th. Ed should be doing something now so that the new manager has half a season to try and save and prepare for next season.

nazanto

Maybe don't put out explicitly "Jose Out", instead maybe we can put out something like "Our Football is Shite" or "We don't Pay to Watch Dinosaur Football".

Dinghy

Slightly less embarrasing than "In Jose we trust"-banners.

stevoc

Banners are pointless, they can always be spun as just a few disgruntled fans acting out. Did nothing when Moyes was sinking the club doubt it would do anything now.

Boycott games, if you can't but you still feel that strongly then boo Mourinho and the performances. Thats the only sort of action that will make the club take notice.

Red_toad

I’ll make it simpler GIVEN we are Manchester United our achievements have been bad last six years
Regardless, winning a trophy whether that be the FA, League or whatever cup is an achievement. Might not mean anything to the likes of you, but fans are allowed to enjoy Cup final victories, that's what the game is about. It's not all statistics and winning the Champions League every season. I'm sure Spurs and Liverpool would welcome 6 trophies in 6 season as opposed to......

Fracture90

Honestly even tho I don't fancy the bloke as our manager, I'd be against that way of protesting.

Imo the right approach would be match going fans not shouting his name and not singing his song.

Also one home match with far less attendance as a way of protest would be OK imo.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Something like this would be better

ROFLUTION

The problem with these sort of signs is that its then picked up by lazy journals and commentators as the view that every fan has.

On the same time when only one guy is standing with a sign it looks like a radical loner who has decided everybody has to and wants to listen to his special opinion. So its also cringy as feck.

I prefer the bigger campaigns like green and gold or when a lot of people do the same things like singing or boycutting.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't understand what's wrong in supporters expressing their views especially when things are so clear cut as they are now. Ultimately they are the ones supporting the club through thick and thin even when these mercenaries end up fecking off the club for greener pastures. Keeping the club, owners, CEO and manager on its toes is what Real, Juventus and many other fans do. That really didn't work badly for them didn't they?

Marcus

Actually, the white hankies is a good way of displaying your feelings towards a manager without real abuse.

I always thought it was weird but now it actually seems more respectful than screaming abuse.

I'm all for a white hanky.
What about a whole stadium of white T-shirts? More visible and also indicates surrender of any prospects of success.

Murray3007

don't think it will make any difference to be fair, only way I see Jose go is when we cant make the CL for next season.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Hope about everyone just stick up three fingers and sing feck off Mourinho?

soapythecat

By chanting 'Attack, attack, attack' from KO until FT is sufficient to get the message across. It annoys the manager, lets the players know we are unhappy with the style of play and sends a clear message to the board.
Well, it makes sense to me!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
No way. But there are some players I'd throw out of the club. Just think how we would be doing if we'd signed the real Alexis Sanchez and not his brother Peter!

Camilo

Like many others have said - just don't go for a match or two. I don't see any need to be unpleasant to Mourinho - he's done his best. He still wants to win, you can see he's desperate to be successful. His failure is not through a lack of effort, so calling him out directly helps nobody

If people want change then they should make their complaints known to the club, and you do that by not going to the game. If Old Trafford was suddenly half empty you can bet there would be huge media coverage. A banner? All it takes is a flippant remark dismissing it during commentary and it's ignored.