Pogba (105m)
Lukaku (85m)
Fred (59m)
Matic (45m)
Bailly (38m)
Lindelöf (35m)
Dalot (22m)
Sanchez(swap deal)
Interesting to see how you would rate these players going on there performances so far. Also interesting if you could give a rating based on what you think the player is capable of potentially.
My ratings from 1-10. (In brackets = potential rating).
Pogba 5 (10)
Lukaku 5 (7)
Fred 6 (7)
Matic 8 (8)
Bailly 6 (8)
Lindelöf 4 (4)
Dalot ? (?)
Sanchez 4 (9)
Imo Pogba is underperforming big time (nothing new).
Lukaku is my own personal biggest disappointment. Nowhere near the player I thought he was.
Fred isn't exactly rocking my boat. Lindelöf should never have been signed. Dalot don't know anything about.
Sanchez is class but doesn't work in our set up for some reason.
Yeah Lukaku is really a big disappointment... He scored 27 goals last season. Other than Zlatan in 16/17 he is the highest scorer since RvP got 30 in the 12/13 season.

As for Fred, you have seen him play twice. Unless you are an avid supporter of Shakhtar.... As SAF always said it will take a player at least a season to settle in a new club.

As for Lindelöf, he is not the problem. Utd have been crying out for an experienced leader at the back since Vidic & Rio left. Add that to the squad in Jan and they will be able to strengthen the defense alongside either Bailly or Lindelöf.

Pogba
7 - A lot more to come steady start to last season, need to replicate his national team form.

Lukaku
8 - Very good last year. Improving his hold up play as shown from the WC. Hopefully another big season from him.

Fred
Too early to judge

Matic 7
Like him but would rather see someone more deep lying creative players in the position. i.e. Carrick & Scholes / Kroos & Modric - neither partnerships were brilliant in defense but can control games for DAYS.

Bailly

6.5 - Solid enough. As above, need more experience beside him

Lindelöf

5.5 - Solid enough. As above, need more experience beside him

Dalot

Too early to judge

Sanchez
5, needs to improve this season.

Reactions: Penna

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Lukaku scored 27 goals, 16 of which were in the Premiership.
Really inconsistent, only 16 league goals, scored like 9 or 10 more league goals playing for Everton the year before. You can see why people aren't ecstatic with him. He's done alright, nothing more.
His only goal in a top 6 clash was at home to Chelsea, also his best performance of the season. From October 14th, Liverpool away, until that Chelsea game on February 25th, he scored just 5 league goals in 19 matches, which included ties vs. Liverpool, Spurs (2x), Chelsea, Arsenal, and City. He was the worst player on the pitch in that City home match, costing us at least a point with some brainless play in our box and awful finishing at the other end.

His Euro and cup goals padded out his stats a bit and came against the likes of Huddersfield and CSKA Moscow. He has it all to prove here.
His all round play has been poor, and he has been very disappointing on big matches. Would rate him as much as Pogba. Good, but should be much better.
Well, 16 league goals in his first season playing in a team as defensive as Mourinhos is a decent return in my book. Can't speak for his performances as I don't watch you often enough. So I suppose there's a good chance of you being more right on this than me:lol:

RedDevil@84

Pogba 6 (8)
Lukaku 6.5 (8)
Fred - Too soon to rate
Matic 8 (9)
Bailly 5 (7)
Lindelöf 5 (7)
Dalot Too soon to rate
Sanchez 5.5 (8)

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Aren't those days with the big target man over? Can you name any other top club who utilizes there striker(s) in that way? Thinking of Kane, Mane, Jesus, Aguero Costa, etc
Kane is what, one or two cm's difference in height to Lukaku? And he does indeed play the hold up style game at times for Spurs, all depending I guess on how the match is progressing and what tactics Pochettino wants. But he certainly can and does play the target man role, watch the first goal by Eriksen when we played Spurs. It all starts with a long ball, Kane winning a contested header with Jones knocking it on for Alli to run onto.

I agree Aguero is a different animal.

poleglass red

Pogba - 6 - not enough consistency, flashes here and there aren't enough
Lukaku - 7 - decent, needs to work on his hold up play and first touch. Never going to be a forward who plays the high press which Jose doesn't favour anyway
Fred - N/A
Matic (45m)- 8 - solid, not helped by Pogba a lot of the times, hopefully Fred helps in that capacity
Bailly (38m) - 5 - not great, can be very good, needs to cut out mistakes. Like Pogba consistency is an issue for him.
Lindelöf (35m) -4 - poor, pace and physicality of the pl proving too much. Don't thick this is the league for him
Dalot (22m) - N/A