How does Dong do for the reserves?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Someone who "happens to be able to play on the wing" however is not necessarily a winger. Evra is not a winger and neither is Welbeck.
I see it's not just spelling you're pedantic about.

It's not a case of happening to be able to play on the wing. He plays the majority of his football, at United, on the wing. This is in stark contrast to Evra who has played as a winger, what, maybe twice?

I agree he is being groomed to be a striker, fergie has already said as much but, for now - just like Theo Walcott - he is playing his football as a winger. Hence my original point that Dong is not hindering his development in any way.

samabachan

Football is about glory, it is about doing things
I see it's not just spelling you're pedantic about.

It's not a case of happening to be able to play on the wing. He plays the majority of his football, at United, on the wing. This is in stark contrast to Evra who has played as a winger, what, maybe twice?

I agree he is being groomed to be a striker, fergie has already said as much but, for now - just like Theo Walcott - he is playing his football as a winger. Hence my original point that Dong is not hindering his development in any way.
I dunno but for United and England he is playing striker as far as I know. He is a striker. He played the majority of his football on the wing last season simply because there were 2 strikers ahead of him in the pecking order (Fagan and Brandy). Doesn't make him a winger just as it never made Fletcher a right winger.

BezsMaracas

He plays as a striker for the youth side alongside Marcheda, and he's very good at it. The point I was making about Dong hindering his development is that at this point I reckon he is good enough for a starting place in the reserves, no matter how young he is, and Dong is getting in the way of that (and of any other promising youngsters coming through).

He could be playing on the wing for the reserves as well, but we already have a few older and promising players there, some even loaned out, where as Dong is the one stand-out turd in the reserves team who nobody would want on loan anyway.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
He plays as a striker for the youth side alongside Marcheda, and he's very good at it. The point I was making about Dong hindering his development is that at this point I reckon he is good enough for a starting place in the reserves, no matter how young he is, and Dong is getting in the way of that (and of any other promising youngsters coming through).

He could be playing on the wing for the reserves as well, but we already have a few older and promising players there, some even loaned out, where as Dong is the one stand-out turd in the reserves team who nobody would want on loan anyway.
That's probably true. But Patrice Evra was a stand-out turd for the first-team, in his first 6 months in the UK, and we all know how that turned out.

Dong does seem to be improving and we should give him until the summer, at least, before accusing him of hindering youngsters development.

ralphie88

He's utter utter shite. I went to pretty much every Reserves game at home last season (not anymore thanks to Mr Glazer moving them out to fecking Northwich :mad:) and he was fecking awful every match.

He's also got legs that are too short for the rest of his body for some reason.

BezsMaracas

That's probably true. But Patrice Evra was a stand-out turd for the first-team, in his first 6 months in the UK, and we all know how that turned out.

Dong does seem to be improving and we should give him until the summer, at least, before accusing him of hindering youngsters development.
Evra was playing crap, Dong is crap, there's a huge difference.

And I'm not sure how he is improving, he still looks the same lazy, poor touch, waste of space that he was when he started playing over here in January.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Evra was playing crap, Dong is crap, there's a huge difference.

And I'm not sure how he is improving, he still looks the same lazy, poor touch, waste of space that he was when he started playing over here in January.
He has looked better for the reserves this season. Still not looking much better than mediocre, to be fair but I really don't see any harm in giving him the rest of the season to if he can keep on improving. If not, fine, get rid in the summer.

BezsMaracas

He has looked better for the reserves this season. Still not looking much better than mediocre, to be fair but I really don't see any harm in giving him the rest of the season to if he can keep on improving. If not, fine, get rid in the summer.
I agree in that sense, my problem is that he'll likely not go in the summer, we've done it before, keeping hold of absolute shite, far longer than we should have. I'd given him the benefit of the doubt before, but got sick of his lazy displays, and it definitely wouldn't have gone unnoticed by the management.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I agree in that sense, my problem is that he'll likely not go in the summer, we've done it before, keeping hold of absolute shite, far longer than we should have. I'd given him the benefit of the doubt before, but got sick of his lazy displays, and it definitely wouldn't have gone unnoticed by the management.
Know what you mean about the laziness. When he's not playing well he doesn't even look interested. Really fecking irritating.

But, as has been said on this thread a few times, every now and then he does something that makes you think maybe... just maybe...

Having said that, if he doesn't improve massively by the end of the season he has to go.

westlife4ever

I was saying Evra was a French international and had been to a CL final, dont think Miller ever made it to the knockout stages, and well playing for Scotland just isnt like playing for France imo, at least these days, where the French national team can select players from tons of African countries too. Scotland, well is Scotland.
Well, Scotland is Scotland, and Ireland is Ireland.

isn't Liam Miller Irish, mate? :lol: