How does Dong do for the reserves?

Tabasco Sauce

6814 miles from the centre of the universe...
To be fair, you conclude after watching him for most of the match that he is a complete waste of space...But then he shows a couple of flashes of brilliance (almost) that makes you think again...

There is some talent there for sure but is that enough is the question...

Man Utd Mrs

We all love our MUM
To be fair, you conclude after watching him for most of the match that he is a complete waste of space...But then he shows a couple of flashes of brilliance (almost) that makes you think again...

There is some talent there for sure but is that enough is the question...
That's what I've thought all along.
I like to give players time to settle but just when I think he won't make it , he scores or does a great pass..........

very unpredictable........

ih8cheatskiscum

How does he manage to sell so many shirts playing in the reserves in front of seven people and a dog?

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
He was actually fantastic against Stockport, not only did he score 2 goals he was involved in a lot of the build up play and seemed to be playing with a lot of confidence, something I think he´s been lacking. He and Brandy played well together up front.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He was actually fantastic against Stockport, not only did he score 2 goals he was involved in a lot of the build up play and seemed to be playing with a lot of confidence, something I think he´s been lacking. He and Brandy played well together up front.
His best game yet to be fair.

Also worth remembering that, at the same point in his career at United, the legend that is Patrice Evra was being absolutely slaughtered by every cnut on this website. Patience, people, patience.

Alex

His best game yet to be fair.

Also worth remembering that, at the same point in his career at United, the legend that is Patrice Evra was being absolutely slaughtered by every cnut on this website. Patience, people, patience.
Evra was a French international with Champions League experience with Dong, I think a more apt comparison for Dong would be Liam Miller

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Evra was a French international with Champions League experience with Dong, I think a more apt comparison for Dong would be Liam Miller
Liam Miller was a Scottish International with Champion's League experience. You were saying?

The point I'm making is that there have been loads of players who look absolutely shite in their first 6 months at a new club/league but go on to do extremely well. There are also players who look absolutely shite in their first 6 months, then remain absolutely shite.

But, to be fair to Fergie, he has signed more of the former than the latter, especially in the last 2 or 3 seasons. Time will tell which category Dong belongs in. Meanwhile, we should let the lad take one game at a time, eh?

GloryHunter07

Liam Miller was a Scottish International with Champion's League experience. You were saying?

The point I'm making is that there have been loads of players who look absolutely shite in their first 6 months at a new club/league but go on to do extremely well. There are also players who look absolutely shite in their first 6 months, then remain absolutely shite.

But, to be fair to Fergie, he has signed more of the former than the latter, especially in the last 2 or 3 seasons. Time will tell which category Dong belongs in. Meanwhile, we should let the lad take one game at a time, eh?

Agreed

Alex

It's a good point, that said there a lot of shit players who are shit when they come to a club and continue to be shit there entire time they are there, this is what I believe will happen to Dong. Also, I was saying Evra was a French international and had been to a CL final, dont think Miller ever made it to the knockout stages, and well playing for Scotland just isnt like playing for France imo, at least these days, where the French national team can select players from tons of African countries too. Scotland, well is Scotland.

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
You might belittle the goal as it was deflected but credit to Dong, he did fantastically to win the free kick in the first place. and the free kick was very well taken, such was the sheer power of the shot that it only needed a minor deflection to completely fool the keeper. If he would have hit the target I´m also sure it would have caused the keeper problems, if not going past him, maybe him spilling it to another United player. Either way free kicks like that always cause problems, just hitting them with sheer power and he puts quite a bit of power into them.

But Dong did not only score tonight it was an all round good performance, he seems to be playing with more and more confidence. Having Brandy up front is helping him a lot, Brandy´s a fantastic talent and they seem to have a good understanding.

M160RA

I think we should ask Southgate if he wants to borrow Dong. Boro could do with an extra striker.

M160RA

Why borrow? he can have him for christmas!!!! Time for Wellbeck to take Dongs place at the club. Its about progession plain and simple.
We might need him for our next Far East tour. :smirk:

Epic

just sign some Americans, at least they have potential, and have the tours there

horselesspaul

Man Utd fan
It's Manchester United, United or Man United.
Why borrow? he can have him for christmas!!!! Time for Wellbeck to take Dongs place at the club. Its about progession plain and simple.
Danny Welbeck is 16. Dong is 22. This is Dong's chance to prove himself in the Reserves. He won't continue to be a United player if he doesn't.
That said, he's actually done well in his last 2 games.
Fwiw: His goal from open play last week was far from a tap in. It was a cooly taken and technically difficult shot, well executed.

Still looks like RvN on downers a little too much for me.

BezsMaracas

He just looks lazy to me, he's got pace but tends to just stand around not doing much. If the ball isn't straight into his feet he doesn't bother fighting for it.

We've had far better players in the reserves who are now in the lower leagues such as Eddie Johnson and Blake. Wellbeck may only be young but he is a far far better player, both technically and physically, he should get his chance sooner rather than later.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
He just looks lazy to me, he's got pace but tends to just stand around not doing much. If the ball isn't straight into his feet he doesn't bother fighting for it.

We've had far better players in the reserves who are now in the lower leagues such as Eddie Johnson and Blake. Wellbeck may only be young but he is a far far better player, both technically and physically, he should get his chance sooner rather than later.
Erm... Not only is Wellbeck only 16, he's not actually a striker. Completely different type of player to Dong. It's not case of either/or with the two of them.

Quality young player, mind.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Actually I'm fairly sure it's Febian. And Welbeck is a striker who happens to be able to play on the wing. Bunch of fecking Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime. Dong probably won't make it but he's got talent.
Like I said, a pedant's wet dream :smirk:

And I always thought that someone who "happens to play on the wing" is... I dunno... a winger?