How good is Eddie Howe?

RedRocket9908

Only 1 win in from the 7 games since they beat us 1-0, where are all the Newcastle in crisis articles and fake dressing room leaks?

NLunited

He’s good, just having a bad run. Some good attacks, but defending was shambolic. They made Elanga look good.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That's certainly the sort of shocking performance and result that will start putting him under immense pressure.

Liverpool away and North east derby in the cup up next....

SER19

Next season? Their next fixtures are Liverpool, City and Aston Villa. He'll get sacked.
I wonder if they're in the same boat as us, not many great alternatives. Though Potter would probably do well there.

FrantikChicken

How many players are they missing at present?
They’ve had a few back recently, so it’s not as bad as it used to be but it’s looking like Howe made a big mistake with not rotating whatsoever over 5+ games or so, not even making subs in some of those games. It seems to be catching up to them now

caid

I kind of feel like this recent form was always coming and kind of always there. They'll beat better teams keeping things tight and being combative. Some good set piece takers and a lot to aim at. A good cup team that will punch above its weight. But when they need to take the initiative and break down teams happy for a 0-0 (most of the league at this point) then theres not much guile or class. Or not enough at least.
I dont think they're bad or doing terribly though. I just think the league is strong relative to what they can put on the pitch. A few injuries is enough to close a pretty small gap to Vila, Spurs and Brighton.
On Howe he always seemed like a good stopgap until they could get someone better really. I think i'd be pretty happy if he was still there in 2 years time. Maybe its a good time to move on. Will probably have to take a step or two back to really move forward from competing and potentially missing out on top 4 to qualifying consistently. Just dont think their current set up will get them there.

always_hoping

Only 1 win in from the 7 games since they beat us 1-0, where are all the Newcastle in crisis articles and fake dressing room leaks?
Media have always had a soft spot for Newcastle and going back to days of when the Premier League started when Sky crowned them the "entertainers"

JogaBonitoRooney

He's their Mark Hughes. Time to bring someone foreign in if Newcastle want to reach the next level.

ggg333

Newcastle will sack Eddie, we'll stick with ETH, and they'll appoint the guy we should be going for.
Not against you or your comments, just wondering who that would be Naglesman? Rose? Enrique? Xabi? in your opinion

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
I wouldn't blame Howe for that run of results. If anything he massively over performed in the previous months with that squad.
I'd give him at least one transfer window with 2 decent signings before sacking him this summer.

antonyrightfoot

So now Howe is a rubbish manager because he isn’t top 4 with players like Longstaff and Dan Burn? Newcastle will probably sack him but I think he is doing a very good job

jem

Or maybe there isn't a leaking culture at Newcastle like there so clearly is at United.

jem

Newcastle will sack Eddie, we'll stick with ETH, and they'll appoint the guy we should be going for.
And whoever that guy might be would stand no chance if he inherited this same group of players. Until we overhaul the squad (as much by getting rid of certain as by adding others), nothing will change.

SambaBoy

Becoming more and more like twitter this forum.

"Surprised it took this long for him to get found out'.

So just ignore the previous 18 months of great work then and judge it on the last 5-7 matches with no context in terms of squad depth and injuries?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Media treating Howe vs media treating us.

Doracle

Becoming more and more like twitter this forum.

"Surprised it took this long for him to get found out'.

So just ignore the previous 18 months of great work then and judge it on the last 5-7 matches with no context in terms of squad depth and injuries?
Classic case of a manager massively over-achieving over a season and then people having unrealistic expectations the following season. I’d expect him to turn it around when his team is better rested but it was always going to be a very difficult first half to the season, with the Champions League group being so difficult as well.

Oscar Bonavena

Not against you or your comments, just wondering who that would be Naglesman? Rose? Enrique? Xabi? in your opinion
Honestly, I don't know. But if the United board don't think ETH is the man for the job and have identified replacements, they're better off making the move now before the Newcastle job becomes vacant.

The sad reality right now is the Newcastle job is probably a more attractive proposition for the best available coaches in Europe.

TheReligion

Abusive
Honestly, I don't know. But if the United board don't think ETH is the man for the job and have identified replacements, they're better off making the move now before the Newcastle job becomes vacant.

The sad reality right now is the Newcastle job is probably a more attractive proposition for the best available coaches in Europe.
Why is it?

LDUred

It's amazing the easy ride Newcastle and Chelsea are getting when you consider the trolling United are getting on social media.

I guess it's just an indication that United are still a big deal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Decent early job, but having a pretty woeful season so far.
Everyone knows he's the Mark Hughes of the project. Will be out the door the second they're allowed to really lash the wad.