How good was peak Kaka?

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Overmars deserves a mention. And Robben as well.
Overmars is hella underrated.

His reputation got tarnished a bit after joining a shit Barca side in reconstruction, and not succeeding there.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
In terms of peak I’d have him 2nd tier with likes of Pele, Messi, Maradonna behind top tier of CR7/Besty - obviously in terms of longevity he’s level(s) below that 2nd one as well. Cracking little player though.
Very odd tiers you have there bud.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
It's probably been mentioned but Kaka absolutely tore us a new in 2007 I think? He was right up there at that point. Magnificent player who just seemed to glide across the pitch.
A brilliant player.

DevTheRed

Watching old videos of him does make me miss football from the 00’s. There were so many world class players back then, the list was massive.

The 2010’s may have had Ronaldo and Messi.. two of the greatest players to ever play the game but the 00’s for me is the best decade for footballing talent.

NoPace

Smith-Rowe reminds me of him stylistically. Maybe a little Dani Olmo too. I didn't watch Serie A then regularly, but in the Champions league the player he reminds me of is Mbappe in that their pace opened up a ton of space for others and had to be accounted for tactically.

I have zero idea where he would play in today's game where only we seem to play with a 10.

GueRed

Overmars is hella underrated.

His reputation got tarnished a bit after joining a shit Barca side in reconstruction, and not succeeding there.
World class winger in hs prime.

Was top of my wish list to replace Kanchelskis in '95

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
World class winger in hs prime.

Was top of my wish list to replace Kanchelskis in '95
When Arsenal beat United 3-0 at Highbury one season, he was a menace. Genuinely terrified every time he had the ball. Think he roasted Neville all game

GueRed

When Arsenal beat United 3-0 at Highbury one season, he was a menace. Genuinely terrified every time he had the ball. Think he roasted Neville all game
yeah Neville has quoted somewhere Overmars is the opponent he's feared the most during his playing career.

Overmars' low center of gravity, speed, direct running and the ability to get in behind defences and chip in with goals gave many full-backs a torrid time.