Music How good were ABBA? Admit it sheeple.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Absolutely the best pop band ever. I actually forget how good they were and got reminded when my queen put their greatest hits on tonight.

Btw, she thought they were from Norway and the Bee gees were American. I had to actually get a map up to show there was an inhabited stone in between Ireland and scousepool where they grew the Bee gees from seed.

Discuss. And no hiding behind rock Idols with a pair of socks stuffed down your trunks.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Absolutely the best pop band ever. I actually forget how good they were and got reminded when my queen put their greatest hits on tonight.

Btw, she thought they were from Norway and the Bee gees were American. I had to actually get a map up to show there was an inhabited stone in between Ireland and scousepool where they grew the Bee gees from seed.

Discuss. And no hiding behind rock Idols with a pair of socks stuffed down your trunks.
Judging by their record sales brilliant.
Not my taste but many of their tracks were very well written and very catchy.

Revaulx

Love ABBA. Done so ever since the 1974 Eurovision.

Hate Mamma Mia in all its incarnations.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Does Your Mother Know is their best song.

Classical Mechanic

Obviously massively successful but their style is just so naff. Dancing Queen gives me nightmares of those crappy discos your folks used to drag you to when you stayed at a caravan park in the summer holidays.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
They're simply the best! Wait that's Tina Turner.

Yellow submarine was good though..

uhm.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
They're actually quite good and probably get a bad rep nowadays from the Eurovision thing.
They were quite early with going "look, let's have a bunch of catchy parts in each song instead of just a catchy chorus".

Pagh Wraith

Eagle is an amazing song.

Many of the others I can appreciate as great pop songs but not really my cup of tea.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Thought this was about penalty shootouts.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
On one hand, most of the music is utterly naff and terminally uncool. And yet, to write that many memorable hits shows they were proper pop geniuses.

That said, 'Does Your Mother Know?' is basically an invitation from the 70s to be investigated by Operation Yewtree.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Funny i was listening to them today at work. Catchy and positive melodies but their spanish songs can be a bit cringey.

Reiver

I honestly can't stand them. Sitting through Mamma Mia 1 at the cinema was one of the worst experiences of my life, and I used to live in Stoke.
I've never been to the cinema to see a film that my wife has picked since.

Green_Red

So good they were the only band with a palendrome name to have a palindrome hit.

Green_Red

Amazing branding considering the first thing kids learn to draw is a face. So OXO is almost like subliminal advertising.
Not sure that was their intention at the start though.
0×0 isnt it? The maths problem that had the whole internet talking.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
0×0 isnt it? The maths problem that had the whole internet talking.
I maybe read too much into Desmond Morris's book, The Naked Ape. He explained that kids always draw the first thing they are familiar with, ie - a face.
We also see faces in patterns more than anything else due to that early experience.