How has covid affected the squad?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
How many players have tested positive for covid in the last 2-3 weeks? Even accounting for match fitness, players returning from injury, etc. (which really is just Varane), that performance was so off, especially in that first half, that there's more to it. Such sloppy passing, lack of focus, unforced errors all over the pitch, lack of communication, legginess. Said it in the Match Day thread, I can't help thinking half that team was far from ready to play the game.

Has there been any further information from the club with regards to this or is it all confidential and locked down?

Tonight wasn't like those terrible results under Ole where the team looked absolutely devoid of a plan, the whole team just couldn't do the basics.

SAFMUTD

Everybody knows the side effects of covid are shortness of breath and inability to pass a football properly.

Kopral Jono

I'm quite surprised at how this thread hasn't taken off. I was wondering last night how big of a role Covid played to our lethargic display throughout.

Ollie Derbyshire

It might have but we’ve played the same many times without being able to use Covid as an excuse.

spiriticon

We don't look any different to the pre-Covid performances and if there were some players genuinely having Covid related difficulties they should not be playing football.

RUCK4444

If this were the case there would be a lot more rotation in the starting 11.

Unless Ralf is purposefully selecting players struggling in their recovery from Covid in which case he’d have to be an idiot.

So no, the issue is a more difficult one to correct imo. Either the players don’t suit the formation and tactics or they are refusing to do so, or the manager is unable to get them to adapt … bit of all those imo but early days.

Tarrou

it might have had a small impact but I'm starting to believe we're actually just shit you know

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Chronic tiredness after 60-70 yes, but not hitting a simple pass to a team mate?

Gatecrasher27

Short answer it hasn't- we were terrible pre covid and post it. It shouldn't be an excuse for the awful effort and ability shown by this squad all season

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Stop giving these players excuses. They just aren't as good as many think whether it's ability, mentality or both.