Television How I Met Your Mother

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
This show deserves a thread of its own. It's the only traditional sitcom I like at the moment.

Some of my favorite moments:
-Slapsgiving
-Ted getting the butterfly tattoo
-Barney getting the yips

Brophs

The One and Only
Great show.

Robin is my favourite woman ever too.

Hawkeye

Great Show.

Barney is one of the greatest TV characters ever.

Its going to be Legendary! :cool:

Cina

Brilliant show. Without doubt the funniest sitcom to grace our scenes in quite a few years.

Cali Red

Never watched it. Is it in reruns somewhere? Never really appealed to me looking at the commercials for it.

Brophs

The One and Only
Anyone noticed they started showing this on E4 tonight? They bought the rights to seasons 1-4 apparently. Weeknights at 7:30.

Though the feckers have cut out half the funny bits because they were deemed too explicit or something. Which means Barney's lines are all but gone. :( Maybe the late night repeat will have the bits left in (ooh-er).

Count Duckula

Anyone noticed they started showing this on E4 tonight? They bought the rights to seasons 1-4 apparently. Weeknights at 7:30.

Though the feckers have cut out half the funny bits because they were deemed too explicit or something. Which means Barney's lines are all but gone. :( Maybe the late night repeat will have the bits left in (ooh-er).
E4 always do that. You should watch Scrubs, or Friends. Half the time you don't know what's going on because they just cut the entire joke.

On topic: I'm glad that the show is on, it means that Alyson Hannigan is still gracing my screen :drool:

Brophs

The One and Only
E4 always do that. You should watch Scrubs, or Friends. Half the time you don't know what's going on because they just cut the entire joke.

On topic: I'm glad that the show is on, it means that Alyson Hannigan is still gracing my screen :drool:
Hang on, Count. Aren't you Canadian? I could have sworn you were.

B Cantona

Desperate
I watched this in Sweden, but I've never seen the first season, so I did tune into E4 t'evening

Very obviously a first episode, did a good job of introducing everyone but was a bit meh

Obviously don't know how much was cut. But yeh when you watch Scrubs on E4 it's a fecking joke. They'll half cut things so they just make no sense whatsoever. Can't for the life of me see why they do it, they'd be punished for showing it as broadcast in the US, where they're strict on what you can have anyway? Barmy. Good thing about Sweden, they're not fecking repressed, you can watch what you like when you like as it was meant to be

Brophs

The One and Only
I watched this in Sweden, but I've never seen the first season, so I did tune into E4 t'evening

Very obviously a first episode, did a good job of introducing everyone but was a bit meh

Obviously don't know how much was cut. But yeh when you watch Scrubs on E4 it's a fecking joke. They'll half cut things so they just make no sense whatsoever. Can't for the life of me see why they do it, they'd be punished for showing it as broadcast in the US, where they're strict on what you can have anyway? Barmy. Good thing about Sweden, they're not fecking repressed, you can watch what you like when you like as it was meant to be
Quite a bit was cut. I'd seen the first episode quite recently, and they've gotte rid of a couple of minutes I'd say. Bit daft when you consider shite like Hollyoaks is on mid-afternoon where they're all killing and riding one another.

Count Duckula

Hang on, Count. Aren't you Canadian? I could have sworn you were.
No, I'm exceptionally Anglo-Welsh.

But yeh when you watch Scrubs on E4 it's a fecking joke. They'll half cut things so they just make no sense whatsoever. Can't for the life of me see why they do it, they'd be punished for showing it as broadcast in the US, where they're strict on what you can have anyway? Barmy. Good thing about Sweden, they're not fecking repressed, you can watch what you like when you like as it was meant to be
The most annoying thing is, they cut the "rude" bits out of Scrubs and Friends (and apparently this, too), but leave their own shows like The Inbetweeners - which are just as crude - completely untouched.

GDH

The most annoying thing is, they cut the "rude" bits out of Scrubs and Friends (and apparently this, too), but leave their own shows like The Inbetweeners - which are just as crude - completely untouched.
The problem is shows like Scrubs, Friends etc. aren't new, popular (as in must watch stuff, not anymore anyway) or C4's own. The Inbetweeners is made by C4 in order to show it at 10pm, things like Scrubs and How I Met Your Mother are only there as filler. They tend to cut them up in order to make them broadcastable at any time of day, and leave them butchered no matter when they're shown. I never watch these sort of shows on TV anymore because of this. There's nothing worse than hearing the canned laughter in Friends without having heard a joke beforehand.

Not watched How I Met Your Mother since it was on BBC2 briefly, and I really enjoyed it then. May get round to catching up with it at some point.

2x G.N. Sweepstake Winner, Apprentice Winner 2013
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place.
The problem is shows like Scrubs, Friends etc. aren't new, popular (as in must watch stuff, not anymore anyway) or C4's own. The Inbetweeners is made by C4 in order to show it at 10pm, things like Scrubs and How I Met Your Mother are only there as filler. They tend to cut them up in order to make them broadcastable at any time of day, and leave them butchered no matter when they're shown. I never watch these sort of shows on TV anymore because of this. There's nothing worse than hearing the canned laughter in Friends without having heard a joke beforehand.

Not watched How I Met Your Mother since it was on BBC2 briefly,
and I really enjoyed it then. May get round to catching up with it at some point.
Yes, that's where it was shown! I was trying to remember but completely forgot. Robin :drool:

HsJ

Brilliant show, but don't see the point if they are cutting out Barney's jokes...the idiots.

phelans shorts

was decent when it was on trouble i think it was for a few months, very good series, but 4 will have undoubatbly ruined it, barney is probarbly the greatest character ever

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
i dont know really, just getting the point across that robin and lilly are :drool:
This still doesn't explain why you mentioned that. It's a given that Robin and Lily are better looking than Barney, they're women and he's a bloke.

Brophs

The One and Only
Yes. It's what the German eurotrash bloke called Homer and Bart as a gay insult in the episode about looting Nazi paintings. It amused me, so I thought I'd use it as a way to call you gay.

I wouldn't change a thing, to be honest.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Yes. It's what the German eurotrash bloke called Homer and Bart as a gay insult in the episode about looting Nazi paintings. It amused me, so I thought I'd use it as a way to call you gay.

I wouldn't change a thing, to be honest.
Maybe you should, funboy it's pretty much lost it's charm now that you have had to explain it

twitter thread suggester
So I've just finished watching all the seasons, after Smashed wouldn't shut up about it.
It's good, a bit like a mix between Friends and Scrubs. Barney is hilarious, as is Marshall's body language.

I like how there's somewhat of a red line connecting the episodes.

Legendary... Wait for it... Dary.

Doevle

Decent show with some funny episodes here and there, but I find the acting painfully bad. Stopped watching after the first season.