How long are we willing to take Pogba's insolance?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Sports fans are hilarious. If a player is good they will perform mental gymnastics to excuse bad behaviour or to show why when the inferior player did the same thing, it was a far worse action. The same mental gymnastics in reverse takes place when a bad player does something innocuous (or something that a superior player has previous done).

It's pathetic. Be consistent. If you accepted a behaviour Ronaldo or peak Rooney did at United, accept it in exactly the same way when Pogba or Lingard do it. Your problem isn't with what has or has not been said. It is with their performance, end of. And that is fine, but to use criticism of minor stuff as a vehicle to beat them with is the mark of a fool.
But both Ronaldo and Rooney have had plenty of stick for wanting/asking to leave?

Even if they didn’t, it’s not that simple. They both gave us some excellent years of consistently good performances and regularly played out of their skin. If you win people over like that, you’ll probably get some leeway from some.

Foxbatt

Rooney and Ronaldo got a lot of stick. Rooney a lot more. But both of them performed on the pitch day in and day out. Furthermore they gave a lot and won a lot for United.

reelworld

I agree we should move him on but there is no circus in my mind. It is created by bitter fans and clickbait media. I grew up in the 90s when Serie A stars would literally swap clubs and play for rival after rival in the same country. You guys would have a breakdown.........
:lol:

Yeah, Fiorentina fans really took it well when Baggio moved to Juventus.

No smart player would even entertain answering a question about moving to another club after they got beaten 6-1 at home. Just the practiced answer of "Madrid is a great club, but my focus right now is United" would be sufficient.

Pogba has been playing professional football at the highest level for too long to not knowing how his comments would be interpreted

Posh Red

No smart player would even entertain answering a question about moving to another club after they got beaten 6-1 at home. Just the practiced answer of "Madrid is a great club, but my focus right now is United" would be sufficient.

Pogba has been playing professional football at the highest level for too long to not knowing how his comments would be interpreted
Didn’t Sterling do the exact same thing last season

SER19

That’s exactly it. His natural game is basically trying do fancy things under pressure, showboating instead of keeping things ticking and being direct using his natural strength and pace.
It's infuriating. Even as an armchair fan, to see him regularly fail to pass to a team mate who is a few yards away and running at pace, in favour of a ridiculous slow down to fend off an opponent makes me, in all my untalented misery, feel more football intelligent than him.

If he hasn't learned by now than regular simple passing is infinitely more effective then he never will

Sanchez7

Have always supported Pogba here but for a player that has had an awful start to the season and is clearly struggling for form/fitness to come out with those comments shows a lack of respect to the club and fans. If we can get 50m+ for him next summer, we should take the money.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

He's openly asking for Real go get him.

The only way they'll take him is on a free transfer once he run down his contracts with us.

Stacks

But why though? When Timo Werner said he would like to play at one of the top 3 English CLubs one day (including Man Utd) and other players have said they wouldn't say no to United, was there a shitstorm?

reelworld

But why though? When Timo Werner said he would like to play at one of the top 3 English CLubs one day (including Man Utd) and other players have said they wouldn't say no to United, was there a shitstorm?
because he wants to move out of United?
I don't see the connection from Pogba to Werner situations. But let say if Leipzig has been trounced by 6-1 and Werner was playing poorly. You'd think their supporters wouldn't be annoyed if he said it would be a dream to join Chelsea?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We are Manchester United not RB Leipzig.

SuperiorXI

I think he probably has to go now, you can't keep mouthing off about Real Madrid especially while your performances are wank.

I don't think RM even want him...

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So it's an arrogance thing?
I don’t know what you mean but if you viewed Manchester United & RB Leipzig equally then there is nothing I can help you. There is a mutual reason why Bruno wants to come here while Werner wants to come to Chelsea from their previous club.

Stacks

because he wants to move out of United?
I don't see the connection from Pogba to Werner situations. But let say if Leipzig has been trounced by 6-1 and Werner was playing poorly. You'd think their supporters wouldn't be annoyed if he said it would be a dream to join Chelsea?
Yeah the timing was not ideal but it was in response to a question he has been asked before and gave pretty much the same response so is consistent. He would one day like to team up with Zidane at Real. We already knew this and it has not changed.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yeah the timing was not ideal but it was in response to a question he has been asked before and gave pretty much the same response so is consistent. He would one day like to team up with Zidane at Real. We already knew this and it has not changed.
His response provides nothing but add more negativity that already surrounding the club.

Stacks

I don’t know what you mean but if you viewed Manchester United & RB Leipzig equally then there is nothing I can help you. There is a mutual reason why Bruno wants to come here while Werner wants to come to Chelsea from their previous club.
Werner actually wanted to come to United.
And there is also a reason a player would want to join the Spanish champions (recent champions league contenders) from here.

padzilla

Hipster
All he had to say was "of course it's always flattering to be linked with such a club as Madrid but I am already at a great club and my focus is here".

Mercurial

Timo, born in Stuttgart, youth system Stuttgart, senior team Stuttgart, 4 years for RB Leipzig, 24years old, entering prime and wants a move to a top league since he qualified for such a move by being next level good...

Pogba, is part of a Raiola mercenary style stable that flip players for repeat profit almost before they even finished the previous transfer and start a circus on routine to do it. Raiola is the perpetual uninvited guest, he knows when to shank for max effect.

Raiola and by extension his players are persona non grata to many clubs for a reason.

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I honestly have no idea what people have been expecting from Pogba since his second season here. He's not particularly complicated. Talented but completely lacking when it comes to mentality.

The effort, excuses and frankly time people have put into defending him is absolutely bizarre when you consider the amount of stick our other players and even managers get.

We had a period on here where half the caf would use the same tired "he's our best player" mantra to defend Pogba, but would literally find every reason under the sun to want Mourinho sacked or Lukaku sold. Two of these three were committed to winning football games and trophies for Manchester United. One is committed to people paying attention to them.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I think he probably has to go now, you can't keep mouthing off about Real Madrid especially while your performances are wank.

I don't think RM even want him...
He should have gone straight after Mouirnho's second season after he spent half the season being shite and causing disruption. We would have actually gotten a fee for him then and also sent a message to the squad that there are standards required if you want to actually win things.

He's an overvalued asset now and everyone knows it. No one will pay a price we could afford to accept and no club he'd want to play for would screw around with their team to fit someone in who they know will just be off daydreaming after the first month or so. It's also very difficult to build a side with a winning mentality or instill that mentality into players, when you insist on relying on other players who clearly don't have it.

I mean I think Mourinho kind of dug his own grave here but he had Pogba nailed down and the club should have backed him on that. All he was asking from Pogba was to show the correct focus on the pitch.

tombombadil

Rooney and Ronaldo got a lot of stick. Rooney a lot more. But both of them performed on the pitch day in and day out. Furthermore they gave a lot and won a lot for United.
Yeah. IINM, Ronaldo got away with a lot less. Probably because he was so good and he already left on somewhat good terms. Rooney got the worst of it. They actually camped outside his house. He got the same kind of treatment you see today on Maguire.

Bulldog United

I think Pogba has heard the rumours that Madrid have been saving all their Euros so they can make a massive move for a French superstar next summer. :D Unfortunately, the Frenchie they fancy is playing in Ligue Un.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
It's pathetic. Be consistent. If you accepted a behaviour Ronaldo or peak Rooney did at United, accept it in exactly the same way when Pogba or Lingard do it. Your problem isn't with what has or has not been said. It is with their performance, end of. And that is fine, but to use criticism of minor stuff as a vehicle to beat them with is the mark of a fool.
I didnt even like Rooney enormously during his latter years at the club, but both he and Ronaldo were actually putting in some good performances. Ronaldo was obviously our star player and we commanded a world record fee for him off the back of his performances.

Pogba on the other hand, came out with these comments after putting in an absolutely pathetic personal display as part of an awful team performance, and did so mere days after the transfer window had shut. Its not comparable.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I didnt even like Rooney enormously during his latter years at the club, but both he and Ronaldo were actually putting in some good performances. Ronaldo was obviously our star player and we commanded a world record fee for him off the back of his performances.

Pogba on the other hand, came out with these comments after putting in an absolutely pathetic personal display as part of an awful team performance, and did so mere days after the transfer window had shut. Its not comparable.
You literally just made his point :lol:

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Its a weird point
It's not a weird point. It's actually weirder to be upset that a professional athlete didn't give a canned, PR response to a question and then adjusting your level of outrage based on his performance. The poster you quoted was absolutely correct.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Big statement to bench him tonight but he has brought it upon himself. These are the games he's supposed to be stamping his authority on, instead he can't even make the starting XI. Hopefully the reality check he needs.

clarkydaz

Big statement to bench him tonight but he has brought it upon himself. These are the games he's supposed to be stamping his authority on, instead he can't even make the starting XI. Hopefully the reality check he needs.
How long before we here Raiola pipe up? :D