How many goals will Zlatan score?

Giggs86

It's amazing he only has the two penalties so far. Usually these players with 30+ goals score quite a few from the spot.
Exactly. This should be highlighted and taken into account. Only imagine if we would've had our fair amount of penalties this season. He'd be sitting at 30+ already.

How many of Ronaldo's 42 were from the spot?

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Thanks.

Where can I find those kind of players stats by the way, like how many goals were from the spot, set piece etc?
Loads of places, but Transfermarket.co.uk - Whoscored.com and wikipedia are all good. Wiki is surprisingly good because it's just so damn easy to go from team to player to league to competition and then to other teams etc. The inclusive links in each article make it so easy to navigate and the information is really comprehensive.

Giggs86

Loads of places, but Transfermarket.co.uk - Whoscored.com and wikipedia are all good. Wiki is surprisingly good because it's just so damn easy to go from team to player to league to competition and then to other teams etc. The inclusive links in each article make it so easy to navigate and the information is really comprehensive.
Thanks! Time to dig into some stats.

AgentP

I'm hoping he scores 40 goals. That's another 14 goals with around 20 games remaining. Definitely achievable. Ronaldo was the last player to score above 40 for us in a season. Who else has hit the 40 goal mark for us?

ti vu

Question: What is the record goal tally for our players in their first season for us?

IIRC RVN hold this record(?)

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
Will be happy if he achieves 40 which he will. I'm more interested in whether United will depend so heavily on him next year as well - is going to be a huge ask tbf; our flank players need to chip in more - Zlatan takes away a lot of pressure from others - who have been average at best.

RetroStu

I don't understand how anyone could of doubted him, i mean i know he's getting on but his class was never in doubt.
As long as we gave him chances, he was always going to score. The only thing i was surprised with him is how many chances he misses. He could quite easily be on 40+ goals already without missing some of those easy chances he has.

OohAahMartial

That was for Newcastle
:o Oops - I was just a young lad at the time and just remember him scoring lots. Just rechecked and he got 25 in all competitions for us in one season so Ibra has already eclipsed that which is remarkable.

Btw I think Ibra probably set himself a target of Golden Boot and 40 goals overall. I think he might get the former but probably not the latter.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'm hoping he scores 40 goals. That's another 14 goals with around 20 games remaining. Definitely achievable. Ronaldo was the last player to score above 40 for us in a season. Who else has hit the 40 goal mark for us?
Ruud

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Said 40 last week and still think that is achievable. The games towards the end of the season, especially away, are going to be of much higher difficultly, so if he's going to get there he needs to take advantage of upcoming home games.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
We have a minimum of 16 more games so at least 10 there, in my opinion. Hopefully we go far in the cup competitions so he get the numbers up to 40. Ronaldo had 42 in 2007/08, but I think Dennis Law still has the record for United at 44. I would love to see him break the record; obviously it would likely mean we're doing well but also because it would great to see the record being made in front of my eyes.

Felt the same about Rooney taking Sir Bobby's record. Whatever you may think of him, I felt great having seen his journey from the first goal against Fenerbache all the way to number 250.
Ruud scored 44 in 2002/03 to equal Law's record. It would be mind-blowing for Zlatan to get anywhere near that Ronaldo/RVN/Law gold standard at his age in his first season in a new league :drool:.