How many goals will Zlatan score?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
40+ even now sounds inconceivable so I'll go with 10 more to take him to late thirties

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
RVN had 36 in his first season and he looks set to exceed that number. 38 would be my guess

Ixion

I expect us to only have the one more game in the FA Cup, so that plus 13 league games + hopefully 6ish Europa is about 20 more games to go. I would expect maybe 10 more goals so 36.

MuranoLover

I think he is really tired right now and I am not sure he will score much more than 32-33 , he barely could run for his 2nd goal

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
34-36 assuming we progress in the EL. Fatigue might play a part soon.

SomeRandomPerson

We have a minimum of 16 more games so at least 10 there, in my opinion. Hopefully we go far in the cup competitions so he get the numbers up to 40. Ronaldo had 42 in 2007/08, but I think Dennis Law still has the record for United at 44. I would love to see him break the record; obviously it would likely mean we're doing well but also because it would great to see the record being made in front of my eyes.

Felt the same about Rooney taking Sir Bobby's record. Whatever you may think of him, I felt great having seen his journey from the first goal against Fenerbache all the way to number 250.

Ixion

It's amazing he only has the two penalties so far. Usually these players with 30+ goals score quite a few from the spot.

Devil81

He won't hit 40, he'd need a few hat tricks to hit that target.

I'm going for 36.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'd like him to match the 38 he got last season for Paris. That would fully ram the 'can he replicate it in England?' question. Would be nice if he does exactly that.

carlosp

It's amazing because I can remember members of the press and pundits never mind some members here in RedCafe saying that he wouldn't even reach 10 goals.

And here he is our most prolific striker.

He could score close to 40 I reckon.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think he'll get 35 at least.

Depends how many games we have left really.

jackofalltrades

Whichever way I hope he doesn't go through another lean patch as no on else is anywhere near to scoring as regularly as he does. It would be nice if he could get assists ( 7 so far, not at all bad ) when he doesn't get on the scoresheet.

Jaybomb

I remember when people laughed at me when I said he would get 30+ goals.

Best player in the league, hands down. He is just class.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Between 35-40 is my guess. FA Cup I doubt we'll get past Chelsea, and he might get rested for that anyway. In the league, my guess would be 7 or 8 in the last 13, and then like 4 in the Europa League. So 10-12 more in all comps is my guess.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Man I so wish this thread was started back before the season started. I have a sneaky feeling many people would have been made to look exceptionally stupid by a man who has made a career out of making people look stupid. I'm not going to make a prediction now because I don't want to jinx him, but even if he doesn't score another goal for the rest of the season he will still have had a phenomenal season and be United's player of the year.

RedMaestro

Let's get insane. Here's my "wish".

Isn't 46 the record? I hoping he'll score 47 then, especially if he can get close to 40 and still have a realistic amount of matches left...

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Man I so wish this thread was started back before the season started. I have a sneaky feeling many people would have been made to look exceptionally stupid by a man who has made a career out of making people look stupid. I'm not going to make a prediction now because I don't want to jinx him, but even if he doesn't score another goal for the rest of the season he will still have had a phenomenal season and be United's player of the year.
Here's a good thread to look back at. Loads of usual CAF experts in there. Also a few goal predictions.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/has-zlatan-deserved-his-contract-extension.424062/page-4