How many points has that Wolves game cost us?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Nothing to do with how shit we are, or our manager or our players. But that decision seems so costly. Another ridiculous penalty against us.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What happened in the Wolves game?

Dr. StrangeHate

Nothing to do with how shit we are, or our manager or our players. But that decision seems so costly. Another ridiculous penalty against us.
He clearly impeded Elliot I thought. Elliot tried to avoid the tackle but eventually couldn't. The last Chelsea one I don't understand the contact.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Today’s looked a pen. I’ll whisper this quietly as it’s as a rare as an eclipse…

Taylor actually had a good game today…

paulscholes18

Elliot was already on the way down before contact was made, but very clumsy for AWB to dive in like that.

binary bot
I thought todays penalty was blatant but have to expect referee incompetence. You cant rely on them going your way.

Our last 3 penalties were all through brainless plays that give the referee a decision to make.

Tackle from behind.
Dalot running and falling at someone’s heels.
Brainless slide tackle in the box.

led_scholes

AWB would have made contact with Elliot. But Elliot was falling down on his own already.
So, we have a certaincy: Elliot going down on his own,
and a possibility: AWB would make a contact that would lead to a penalty.

I didnt know that penalties are given based on possibilities.

El Zoido

Definitely not an obvious penalty considering there was no contact until Elliot initiated it and the ball was long gone. One of those where it's barely a foul but you could say he's still impeded him, I think it's still a penalty. All three of these penalties conceded have been soft, but they're fouls that are always going to be given on the field, and there's not enough doubt in them to overturn. We need to stop giving referees a decision to make, it's poor and desperate defending. If we had a better defensive structure we wouldn't be putting ourselves in these kinds of positions.

Irrational.

Was not an obvious penalty at all. AWB is the wrong side of him but the spaghetti haired cnut makes sure to instigate contact and go down.

GazTheLegend

I mean despite what everyones saying in the thread, you're not wrong really @Di Maria's angel

There's been just an endless stream of extremely soft penalties that referees have been happy to give against us, and there's rarely even a replay on TV of the ones we should have which are more clear cut that usually get glossed over by whichever cretin is commentating on the game.

That Chelsea one was not a pen for me, but that said? We shouldn't really be giving them the chances to dive, if you face 30 shots every game, eventually you're gonna have a handball in there or if you let the opposition trundle around your box all day then you're asking for trouble. It's a mixture of shit refereeing and us being crap, to tell the truth, but at least that "nobody gets a penalty at Old Trafford!" myth can finally fecking DIE

OverratedOpinion

Clear pen today.

Neither against Chelsea should have been given.

I very much doubt either ref was thinking back to Onana bumping into a Wolves player on the opening day of the season.

Was a dive and AWB didn’t touch Elliot until Elliot kicked into him.

However… AWB shouldn’t be sliding like that in the box and Elliot won the penalty smartly.

mu4c_20le

Am I blind? I can barely see any contact if any.

dead link

Even if thats a pen by the letter of the law, I dont think Elliot did enough to earn it. He hurdled the tackle.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s soft as shite but I see why it was given. In real time I thought it was a stone waller. What I don’t get is why they didn’t send him to the monitor, the same with the Dalot one.

Chumpsbechumps

How was that a stonewall penalty?

It’s not even clear he touched the player.

Making a stupid tackle and giving “the ref a decision to make” has nothing to do with whether or not a foul is made.

Players “being clever” doesn’t make it a penalty either. This idea that players diving before contact and making sure there is contact , is a penalty is bollox. All it does is encourage even more cynical sh*t in the game.

Ole'sgunnarwin

I don't think we're hard done by refs at all. Jaysus Casameiro could have been sent off about 10 times and gets away with it. That Luton match especially was ridiculous. We get some decisions for us and against it.

But don't let referees distract how disgraceful a performance this has been this season. Conceding more goals than scoring is unacceptable for a big club. Ten Hag is to blame, he cannot coach.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Not from the initial tackle, the follow through does or by that time Elliot was falling into him and the ball is well gone
But it’s still a late challenge, that knocked him over. Regardless of if the ball has left or not

I remember we got one similar at some point but can’t quite remember when it was. :lol: