How Many Signings Before Sept 1

Yorke to Cole

Hopefully 2 solid midfield options an attacking option and goal keeper.

We really should have resolved a huge part of the midfield by now. I would love a good possession, ball playing midfielder and a physical stronger midfielder.

Adamsk7

Two loans on deadline day and one crazy purchase - either spuffing €100m on Antony or someone cheap but old

caid

I presume we'll make a couple in the last day or two. Have to maximise social media engagement and stretch it out to the last minute.
I presume they'll be overpriced crap because we've looked like a total circus this summer yet again and the first few games will be dire. So i dont know why anyone would join if theres a reasonable alternative.

downunder red

Would not be surprised if it is none. Glazers economics is to get millions of clicks on social media while leading us desperately along a frenzied hope of buying someone. If we do not get anyone else in I am definitely worried about a relegation battle with injuries and euro games to come.

oz insomniac

The Woodward clone will possibly take the same sort of action we have seen repeatedly, struggle and basically fail to get targets signed, then splash some over the top cash at mid range players on the last day or two.

Sound familiar, well it’s a sad reflection on the the way the shopping centre owners and the hooray Henry’s run one of the once biggest clubs in world football.Seems to be all about the dividends not the football.

Irwin99

2. Probably a back up goalkeeper and another left back knowing our luck/judgement.

Ted Lasso

Planning for 5/6...if we can sign 4 from this point I'll feel better. 5 or 6 and I might even look forward to a potential top 4 finish

r1z3mu

1 or 2 panic signings and with crazy salaries so we can't sell them later. :(

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
5. Combination of permanent and loans. Will also be a mass exodus, including an unexpected departure I reckon. The writing is on the wall now, and it’s clear that a minor change in personnel won’t suffice. I think in addition to the likes of Dalot, AWB, Williams, Bailly, Jones and Garner we could also see any of VDB, Ronaldo, Rashford and McTominay depart. I think if we bring in two midfielders Scott is gone.

Tarrou

I think we'll get a couple of loans

if Glazers are indeed selling they won't want to commit to anything

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I reckon one forward, either Antony for a ridiculous fee, Pulisic on loan, or a completely left field panic nonsense signing.

And a midfielder. Either Casameiro for a preposterous fee on a preposterous contract, Neves for way too much, or a loan signing of someone’s left overs

I doubt either signing will improve us much. Squad wise the best move we might make is shipping out the toxic Ronaldo but I feel like the Glazers want to keep him, so they can use him to point to the commercial value of the club.

Either way, it’ll be a slap dash affair with zero strategic intent, and likely to saddle us with more deadwood in 24-36 months on inflated contracts.

Ideally I’d take at least three players. Casameiro and SMS, to play in a three with Eriksen. Moving Bruno to the attack rotation. And Antony. That would give us 5 options in midfield (Casameiro, SMS, Eriksen, Fred, McTominay) and 5 options in attack (Rashford, Sancho, Martial, Antony, Bruno). I’d move heaven and earth to ship out Wan-Bissaka, Bailly, Jones, Van der Beek, and Ronaldo permanently. Pretty much a pipe dream though this late in the window. If it had been the strategy from the start, we’d be so much better off right now, and would’ve been eminently achievable with sufficient outgoings.

Next window/summer, top priority would be GK and RB to fit the system, and potentially a CF depending on how those five perform. I’d see Bruno as a RW option in tougher games, as a playmaking forward.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pulisic on loan. Possibly a forward if Ronaldo goes. Some mediocre midfield signing we overpay for.