How Many Signings Before Sept 1

Trequarista10

I reckon 4.

CM and a CF/RW.

Then a cheap/free backup GK, and some random unknown teenager in a position we're already stocked in.

Jezpeza

None. Theres no money and ETH has been instructed to work with what he has. Endless speculation all summer but with no substance.

Its the Fred Grant Dalot summer 2.0.

mikeyt

We need 5 very good ones, I want to believe we can get them or most of them but this club's track record tells me we'll be lucky to get one. Prove me wrong Murtough!

Bestietom

We will most likely Panic Buy. But to challenge for top 4 we need:-
RB, DM, RW, CF. All top players. Then we need backup/new goalkeeper and possibly box to box midfielder.
Do I really think we will get these players before deadline, NO.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
2 panic signings on deadline day after De Jong rejects us.
Anything now, is a panic buy, because it clearly hasn't been planned or thought out properly.
I hear this morning that we are after Begovic as reserve GK.
How long ago did Henderson go out on loan?
Why wasn't a reserve GK already in place or at least sorted a week or so later, why are we scrabbling around now, at this late stage?

Hughes35

I think we will go for loads but close one...... Hopefully we can get 3 (Pulisic, Casemiro and De Jong).

If we got those three it would make a big difference to us!

Bestietom

I think we will go for loads but close one...... Hopefully we can get 3 (Pulisic, Casemiro and De Jong).

Certainly would make a difference, but wake up now. Time for the real world.

Jezpeza

What are you smoking I need some of it!

Zed 101

I vote zero despite being linked with one mand and his dog doesn't seem like any players seem enthusiastic about the project.... can you blame them

Jezpeza

This is basicly the summer when we bought Fred,Dalot and Grant.

With these owners im sure we done for the window.
Despite that experience, there will still be fans sat there all the way through to 11pm on deadline day in the belief we are about to announce 6 players

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
3. A goalkeeper, forward/winger and a midfielder. None of them will be players you'd expect to start though. Reckon no more than 30mil spent on all 3 combined.

padzilla

Hipster
No doubt it will be a back up keeper and some kids who will never get close to the first team - if anything at all.

Bestietom

We keep chasing the wrong players. We needed a DM for the last few years and many have gone for free or for small fees. Our scouting is at fault for this.

Jezpeza

We keep chasing the wrong players. We needed a DM for the last few years and many have gone for free or for small fees. Our scouting is at fault for this.
Kamara went to Villa on a free. Gary Neville and the like saying no one wants to take our money but he would have joined us over villa. Was a risk free transfer as well. Sigh

Bestofthebest

United showing some sense by not paying Rabiot ridiculous wages but it is far too little too late. We are now making more fools of ourselves by trawling the market for everything from the dregs to the unobtainable. Whatever plan we may have had has gone out the window and I doubt the winter window will be any better. A real relegation scrap on our hands.

Bestietom

Kamara went to Villa on a free. Gary Neville and the like saying no one wants to take our money but he would have joined us over villa. Was a risk free transfer as well. Sigh
Top midfielders, we could have went for:-
Guimares to Newcastle.
Nunes to Wolves
Sangare signed new deal when only 35 million.
All the good ones snapped up in first weeks of transfer window.

Jezpeza

Top midfielders, we could have went for:-
Guimares to Newcastle.
Nunes to Wolves
Sangare signed new deal when only 35 million.
All the good ones snapped up in first weeks of transfer window.
Theres also the likes of Caqueret at Lyon, a selling club too. I just dont think we are in the market.

Personally think theres no money and the club have built this ‘player or nothing’ narrative around FDJ, a player we arent going to get anyway, as if for it to be an explanation why we sign nobody.

Said it before, its the Fred Dalot Grant window again. The fees are even comparable.

Bestietom

Theres also the likes of Caqueret at Lyon, a selling club too. I just dont think we are in the market.

Personally think theres no money and the club have built this ‘player or nothing’ narrative around FDJ, a player we arent going to get anyway, as if for it to be an explanation why we sign nobody.

Said it before, its the Fred Dalot Grant window again. The fees are even comparable.
Manager and fans threw under the bus again. How much more can we take.

Drifter

American
30 according to these multiple media outlets. Every day, we are linked to a new player.

Cloud7

We need 4-5

I predict 1-2 and unlikely anyone outstanding

Siorac

5. Combination of permanent and loans. Will also be a mass exodus, including an unexpected departure I reckon. The writing is on the wall now, and it’s clear that a minor change in personnel won’t suffice. I think in addition to the likes of Dalot, AWB, Williams, Bailly, Jones and Garner we could also see any of VDB, Ronaldo, Rashford and McTominay depart. I think if we bring in two midfielders Scott is gone.
Something like this is what we SHOULD be doing, no doubt. But after managing to sign three players over two and a half months, I don't really expect the club to suddenly explode with transfers. It would be highly out of character.

Hughes35

Certainly would make a difference, but wake up now. Time for the real world.
Wake up? My initial post said I think we will only sign one player. I think that will be a last minute panic buy or loan.