2.Tuanzabe
3. Gomes
4. Chong
5. Garner
6. Chris Smalling - Debatable

Anyone not in this team I do not deem worthy due to Lack of Effort

Havak

Pokemon master
Not for me. I'd have Blind, Lindelof, Bailly, Jones, Rojo, Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah all in the squad ahead of him and I reckon most of those are useless as well. He's garbage and always has been. I honestly don't know how he pulls so much wool over so many eyes.
Have to say this is rubbish mate.

He's comfortably better than everyone there bar Lindelof. Bailly has more potential but I am not seeing it yet, I'd be surprised if he makes a decent career at United.

Jones and Rojo literally miss 50%+ of games through injury. That is not made up. It is legitimate. How can you possibly want the biggest colossal crocks in our squad to stay over someone who is actually a decent defender and is injured far less than they are.

As other people have said, he is a third or fourth choice CB, not a first choice. But he must be doing plenty right as he's been the mainstay under every post-Fergie manager once Ferdinand & Vidic were gone. It isn't a coincidence that good managers continually pick him the most. They know more than we do. There is no argument.

Bottom line is we need to sign three central defenders better than him but that will take 2-3 years in itself, so he's going to be here.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Some absolute Savage responses in this thread

unbalanced squad, worst back line since gobshite Viv and the whole lot of them with stinking form

I would keep

Regulars

(GK) DeGea

(DEF)Shaw Lindelof Dalot

(MID)Pogba

(FW)Rashford

Squad

Romero

Dalot

Fred Matic

Martial, Lingard

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Reading the Solskjaer thread would suggest most of them. All that matters is who is stood on the touchline, anyone else would win every game with a back 4 that's relegation standard.

I'd say 2-3 at most for a title challenging first XI.

Kostov

Jeez people counting Lukaku as not good enough yet keep Lingard as being good enough to stay. Lukaku as it stands is our best striker.

Konimey

Barring DeGea, Pogba, Lindeloff and Shaw none of them are good enough. Dalot and Martial need proper coaching because the quality is there but it needs to be drawn out more. The rest are mid table team level and subs at best. I would keep only these 6 and ship out the rest.

RuudTom83

Mentality can make up for a lack of natural talent. So we need to see what’s going on at training and in the dressing room to fully understand who needs to go.

For example P.Neville was never the first name on the team sheet or the most talented. But you would never question his value to the squad.

ToToMarshall

Jeez people counting Lukaku as not good enough yet keep Lingard as being good enough to stay. Lukaku as it stands is our best striker.
The issue with Rom is, he’s probably about as good as he’ll ever be, which in my opinion is not good enough to be our main number 9, but given his age he won’t accept being less than that, and given his wages we shouldn’t either.

Sure on the whole he’s probably still a better striker than Rashford, but keeping hold of Rashford as a back-up, especially considering he can fill in all across the front, makes far more sense than Lukaku.

Kostov

The issue with Rom is, he’s probably about as good as he’ll ever be, which in my opinion is not good enough to be our main number 9, but given his age he won’t accept being less than that, and given his wages we shouldn’t either.

Sure on the whole he’s probably still a better striker than Rashford, but keeping hold of Rashford as a back-up, especially considering he can fill in all across the front, makes far more sense than Lukaku.
I'm not saying we should sell Rashford, but unless we plan on bringing another striker he should stay since we can't rely on Rashford, and I'm really not sure if we can ever rely on him being the starting striker for Manchester United. We need 2 strikers after all imo, and we have a worse player in Lingard for example who is even older and should be for the chop before Lukaku.

ToToMarshall

I'm not saying we should sell Rashford, but unless we plan on bringing another striker he should stay since we can't rely on Rashford, and I'm really not sure if we can ever rely on him being the starting striker for Manchester United. We need 2 strikers after all imo, and we have a worse player in Lingard for example who is even older and should be for the chop before Lukaku.
That’s not really the point I was making. Lukaku needs upgrading upon, because at the moment in our squad he is taking up the role of our main senior striker, and he just isn’t good enough for that. Lingard is a squad player, and that’s fine.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Players who I think most big clubs would take/keep as part of their squad if they could do a big rebuild or take them on frees:
  • De Gea
  • Romero
  • Dalot
  • Shaw (though not much difference here with half the left backs in the league tbh)
  • Lindelof
  • Smalling
  • Herrera
  • Pogba
  • Martial
  • Rashford
Martial and Rashford, whatever you want to say about mentality, do have a lot of talent and potential explosiveness as players that other big clubs would take gambles on. Not including the u19 players who have been youth players this season. Smalling is a stretch to put in this, but whatever. Same with Shaw, considering he is pretty useless going forward.

Genuinely don't think the other top clubs would even bat an eyelid at anyone else.

thedano

Keep : Shaw, Lindelof, Dalot, Greenwood, Chong, Garner

Keep unless good offer comes in: Rashford, De Gea

Get rid of the rest

Kostov

That’s not really the point I was making. Lukaku needs upgrading upon, because at the moment in our squad he is taking up the role of our main senior striker, and he just isn’t good enough for that. Lingard is a squad player, and that’s fine.
Apologies then, Lukaku has shown he isn't good enough you are right.

Lingard being on 100k a week and labelled as a good squad player I can't agree with. The minutes he is taking and being 6th choice should better be used towards someone like Gomes/Chong/Greenwood. He gets an easy ride imo, while being an appalling footballer, much worse than Lukaku for example.

bosnian_red

The problem with Lukaku is the reputation, cost and his demands that come with having him in your squad equate to somebody who should be starting every game and be a key player. He's not good enough for that at a club that wants to compete for titles, and he's not someone who will ever be happy with just a squad player spot.

Cypherage

Goalkeepers
If De Gea can make his mind up and decide to stay then obviously he would still be number 1 choice despite turning in to early day's De Gea this season. Romero still a good option.

Defenders
Lindelof aside,the rest of the defenders are pants,Baily is always injured and rash,Smalling & Jones have been here since SAF,and have not and will not improve ever,Shaw has slacked since signing a new contract and looks to have put on a little weight again.

Midfield

Mctominay
, that's it,Midfield needs a overhaul,Pogba(if rumors are true wants Madrid, leave him go) Fred was a waste of money,Matic invisible,Herrera is gone,Mata's legs have gone,Pereira has not impressed when given game time,Lingard does nothing but run around.

Attack

Do we even have one? Rashford should not be leading the line,he is not good enough yet,Martial has decided to pack his bags since signing a new contract,Sanchez,well i think Ed Woodward decided to troll everyone on that one.

Overall

I fail to see any positives,apart from Mctominay for a player I did not rate,he has been the only one that has shown any heart when he has played,the rest are individual's trying to save face,for themselves.

The whole team is just one big pile of mess,its no longer a case of being spoiled from the days of SAF,its a case of how rubbish the players that have been signed are,and the money wasted on them. Ed Woodward will only care about big names to sell shirts,not much else. You watch United chase Bale all summer,and end up with nothing much but more crap by Ed.

I mean you look at the names in the team of Manchester United,that is far from a United team,I would not even call them an average team.

As for Ole,I have backed him,but he needs to now stop being so nice,and stop with the sentimental bull,and start being more aggressive,not Jose aggressive,but he needs to take control of the mess,before the mess drowns him.

Hopes for next season is that the club does not embarrass it's self even more then it already has.

I will always love this club,players have died for this club,but the current running of this club and some of the players we have,is defecateing over the memory over them players,disgraceful is not a strong enough word to even describe the current situation.

Last edited:

Kostov

The problem with Lukaku is the reputation, cost and his demands that come with having him in your squad equate to somebody who should be starting every game and be a key player. He's not good enough for that at a club that wants to compete for titles, and he's not someone who will ever be happy with just a squad player spot.
You have a point I agree. he's not good enough, but imo we have bigger needs this summer and we might as well keep him. My point was we have worse players who get off the hook because of being nice and whatever.

bosnian_red

You have a point I agree. he's not good enough, but imo we have bigger needs this summer and we might as well keep him. My point was we have worse players who get off the hook because of being nice and whatever.
Oh for sure I agree. Considering all we have to fix I would keep him this summer with a view of replacing next summer, but if he wants to go then we should let him.
Lingard being viewed as a squad player is understandable because he probably wont complain about having 25 appearances a season for United, on lower wages. So it doesnt hurt too much. Problem is our squad is fully assembled of players in that boat.

SAF-GIGGSY

Unfortunately to be comfortable top 4 team we need to rebuild every position, we need a all new midfield as ours gets outplayed by Cardiff all new defence as we are a laughing stock and all new strike force because 2e can't score a goal for no money

Cabin Clown

Starters:
GK - De Gea
MD - McTominay
MD - Pogba

Squad:
Romero, Grant, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Dalot, Fred, Mata, Lingard, Rashford, and the rest of the kids. Lukaku and Martial can stay if their attitude improves. The rest can go.

Kostov

Oh for sure I agree. Considering all we have to fix I would keep him this summer with a view of replacing next summer, but if he wants to go then we should let him.
Lingard being viewed as a squad player is understandable because he probably wont complain about having 25 appearances a season for United, on lower wages. So it doesnt hurt too much. Problem is our squad is fully assembled of players in that boat.
If Lukaku pushes for a move and we can get solid money then fine he can go.

Lingard won't complain since there's no place else where he can be as appalling at his job and still rack 100k a week. Of course it does hurt just as much as Lukaku. Both are overpaid yet Lukaku is a much better striker then Lingard in whatever his position is.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
You're joking, right? It's sometimes not easy to tell on the internet.
:lol:
was about to put white text but thought it was to obvious and didn't need one.
have a bad feeling he'll be our starting option next season :(

IrishMcD

As starters- De Gea, Pogba and possibly Lindelof
Squad players- Dalot, Shaw, Tuanzabe, Greenwood, Fred, McTom, Rashford, Martial
Potential (kids) - O'Connor, Gomes, Gardner, Chong

That's it for me. And I'm not even too bothered about keeping or getting rid of Shaw, Fred, Rashford or Martial.

I'd like to keep:

De Gea - if he sorts his head out.
Lindelof - looks like he wants to be here and there is a solid defender in there.
Dalot - has the mentality and the talent to be a solid if not spectacular full back.
Fred - he does some wonderful things. If, and it's a big if, he can cut out the mistakes he'll be a quality player.
McTominay - another with the desire but not quite the talent, which will make him at worst a good squad player.
Pogba - obviously good enough to be here, if he actually wants to be here is another question.
Rashford - can he progress? Obvious he'll never be a striker but can he fit somewhere across the forward line?

I would happily cash in on any of the others. I'd let some go for free.

norm87cro

This squad i good enogh (talent wise) for top 4 but the mentality and the sabotage of the two managers has cost us around 10-12 (5 lost points in the last two games alone) which would have been enough for a top 4 finish. The mentality is really what let us down. I surley hope we sign a good mixture of enough talented and hungry players in the summer.

bushyboy

To start:
De Ge
Pogba

Squad:
Romero
Lindelof
Shaw
Martial
Rashford

Maybe's
McT
Dalot

The rest aren't good enough.

Need a major overhaul to challenge City and Liverpool

Sir Scott McToMinay

Lingard isn’t a top four player, not even as a squaddie.
His numbers as an attacking player are a joke.
Might as well replace him with some grafter from the Slovakian league for peanuts if you’re looking for a defensive attacking midfielder for specific jobs.

Nothing player if there ever was one.

De Gea
Romero
Shaw
Dalot (uncertain but still young)
Lindelof
Smalling (he cannot play with the ball, will look to replace, but we need numbers so I’ll keep him for now.
Bailly (highly debatable)

McTominay
Pogba
Fred (will give him another season)

Martial (needs to sort himself out, next season is make or break)
Rashford

We need to stop messing around with players who offer so little, yet earn so much money.

ForeverRoma93

Supports
A.S. Roma
Never rated Smalling nor Jones - you need a whole new spine aside from De Gea and Rashford

Jeffthered

Regulars
(GK) DeGea , (DEF)Shaw, Lindelof, Dalot, (MID)Pogba (FW) Rashford

Squad
Romero, Dalot , Fred, Matic, McTom, Chong, Greenwood, Garner, Tuanzabe

The rest can all go as far as I'm concerned. All rubbish. And the regulars need a lot of work too.