How to fall in love with the club again?

redmanx

I never fell out of love.
You either follow your club through thick and thin, good times and bad, lean years and years of plenty or not at all. Players and managers come and they go but The Club remains. We may not like the present owners but they are not The Club, The Club is its past, its history, its place in the community, its place in its supporters hearts. You love The Club even though at times you hate whats happening to it but you always love it, no matter what.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
You either follow your club through thick and thin, good times and bad, lean years and years of plenty or not at all. Players and managers come and they go but The Club remains. We may not like the present owners but they are not The Club, The Club is its past, its history, its place in the community, its place in its supporters hearts. You love The Club even though at times you hate whats happening to it but you always love it, no matter what.
indeed

redmanx

Ive loved Manchester United ever since my father took me to see my first match in April 1963 away against Leicester. We lost 4-3 but Denis Law scored a hat trick and became my all time hero. Unfortunately I didnt go to the Cup Final to see Uniteds revenge but my father took me to Old Trafford for our first home match the following season, 63/64 against Ipswich and Denis scored a brace in a 2-0 win. I fell in love with the Club and when we were relgated continued to love it as did 100000s of others; I didnt love going to Millwall, or Leyton Orient, or Notts County, York and many of the other clubs we played away but I would have followed United if they played on Saturn! (Or tried to!)
Nobody ever told me it would be easy loving Manchester United and theres been many times when I asked myself "why?" but Im still going to matches, not as many Id like, Home & Away and still getting a thrill from simply being a small part of the greatest football club in the world. That thrill is admittedly harder to find these days but I keep hoping.....I'll always keep hoping!

thisisnottaken1

Turn on Fifa 23. Select Amatuer difficulty and trash the whole league.
I remember on FIFA 12 when I put the sliders on on career mode and won every game like 72-0.

I also remember when I was playing as Man United on Amateur difficulty on FIFA 11 and lost 4-0 at home to Derby County.

Waynne

I remember on FIFA 12 when I put the sliders on on career mode and won every game like 72-0.

I also remember when I was playing as Man United on Amateur difficulty on FIFA 11 and lost 4-0 at home to Derby County.
Jesus, do the sliders make the opposition team sit down on the sideline or what? I thought sliders were meant to make the game more challenging

thisisnottaken1

Jesus, do the sliders make the opposition team sit down on the sideline or what? I thought sliders were meant to make the game more challenging
Nah, I just made the team with which I play ridiculously overpowered and the opposition ridiculously underpowered. I was actually quite bad at FIFA so I felt that that was the only way I could win. I actually even conceded once to the ridiculously underpowered computer.

Waynne

Nah, I just made the team with which I play ridiculously overpowered and the opposition ridiculously underpowered. I was actually quite bad at FIFA so I felt that that was the only way I could win. I actually even conceded once to the ridiculously underpowered computer.
Oh I see. If only the Gods could grant us overpowered sliders for a match, I'd pick the game against City. A 72 - 0 would be a glorious scoreline although by the 30th goal the City team would probably start waving the white flags

Blood Mage

You don't just fall out of love with the club you support unless you're a genuine glory hunter. The anger and resentment I feel towards the club right now for how shite we are is because I love the club and hate seeing it dragged through the mud.