How well are you handling the 'banter'/ribbing?

LARulz

Alright. It's just a game at the end of the day and as much as I say "we", it's not like I could have actually done anything different to prevent it

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I've just been saying I feel like a kid again. Us winning trophies and Liverpool having their biggest day of the season against us.

Robertd0803

I totally ruined it for the first person to try it by saying it was a freak result that only happened as a total fluke cos we totally lost our heads in the second half. They had no comeback :lol:

No point rising to it cos its exactly what people are looking for. (Forgetting that next game the same thing could happen to them just as easily).

croadyman

It doesn’t help when said “fan” wanted Chelsea to lose last week so they could get rid of Potter.

Keeps coming back at me with no matter how shit they’re now, they’ll never get thumped 7-0.
Remind him they did get beat 6-0 at City once

croadyman

I’m quite surprised how much is being let go on the Caf tbh.

Should have been a fair few bannings. Plenty of sleeper oppo fans who have blatantly come out of hiding having not posted in months/years.

Place is too soft on the cnuts these days.
Yeah mute scousers until they have been knocked out by Madrid and Arsenal if they win the league

erikcred

If you dish it out, you've got to take it when it comes back.

I had a great time in the wake of their quadruple implosion last season. It'd be childish if I just avoided my mates when it's their turn to gloat for a bit.

rk4utd

I’ve just shrugged and agreed that we were shite….that draws the sting. Most who know me know that I’ve been going home and away for 40 years now so I’m not one to get drawn in when it’s indefensible.

I don’t crow when we win either….football is cyclical after all, but having said all this, come on United I could do with us dicking those cnuts and their aeroplane impersonating inbred supporters at some point in the near future please….or at the least a creditable draw at their place for starters….now, calm down, carry on….

Spark

I messaged my mate at the end of Jan "Hey, just want to reach out and say I won't take the piss about Liverpool being total shite".

He copy pasted it back to me yesterday, with the obvious change.

I've just been making it all about how shit United were rather than Liverpool twatting seven past us with liquid football. And in fairness I still cannot believe how shit in defense we were, beggars belief.

croadyman

If you give it, you have to be prepared to take it.

Fortunately, I don't give it and prefer to be humble in victory. It makes things much easier when days like this come around.

If you are a bad winner (like Souness yesterday for example) you create a rod for your own back down the line.
Oh karma will catch up with him one day

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
It is what is is. Still seven points ahead of them and they will probably end the season trophyless while we already have one and have a chance at two more.

Loon

:lol:
Dreadful. Not as bad as I was, but still dreadful. I am also a man of a certain age where some of you on here think (and frequently comment) maturity and the inability to be foolish is suddenly eroded.

Wait until you get to my age.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It's been s-t. Sit opposite a Liverpool fan at work. Had it all day. Not just from him either. Lot of other club fans who live to see us fail offering me '7Up' to drink and stuff. Worst thing is that I have no comeback.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Trust me to send my Leeds fans friends a wind up only a couple of hours before the match with a picture of Sam Smith in a Leeds top with the caption ‘Sam Smith seen wearing another ridiculous outfit’. So obviously I’ve had messages from them all. Fair enough I say. It’s tonight I’m not looking forward to, I play snooker and the team I play for has a couple of Liverpool fans on it. Sometimes you just gotta take it. I don’t do any of the social media shite that is FB, Twitter, insta, so apart from the Caf so it’s not been bad on that front.

croadyman

If you give it you should be able to take it. Otherwise you're just a bitch.

I don't give it, so no one bothers me when we get beat.

I do feel for the local fans though.
Oh yeah they definitely have my smpathy

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
It's been s-t. Sit opposite a Liverpool fan at work. Had it all day. Not just from him either. Lot of other club fans who live to see us fail offering me '7Up' to drink and stuff. Worst thing is that I have no comeback.
The comeback I've had to use all day is that we are still 7 points ahead of them and won a cup last week!

But yes been getting it from all angles today and still ongoing with the GIFs, memes etc

Marcelinho87

Onto the next one, I have complete faith that EtH will sort it and we go again.

It's how we recover from this which is most important to me and what I will focus my energy on.

croadyman

Im fecking ashamed of my club right now. Getting a lot of jokes about it, handling it with laugh as it's among friends but internally I'm more sad than angry.
Yeah know exactly what you mean

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
It was a freak score and a result of the total mental crumbling of our players after the second goal.
This is what ETH and his helpers have to address now.
We move on to the next game.

RedorDead21

Handling the banter surprisingly well.

If this was last year, LFC were challenging for the title, us fighting for 4th and this happened...I would be depressed for a week.

Reality is LFC are fighting for 4th, we have almost secured Champions League football and could still win 3 trophies.

Awful result but in the grand scheme of things, not that important.
It’s hard to think the team will respond too well though to going down by a few goals again though to say city in the FA cup for example. I’ve lost trust that they did well to build up this season once again. They’ve fed the ABU commentators with backing once again which will prob last another year. Prob until we go to Anfield and not fold…

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Honestly haven't been exposed to any harsh banter. Kinda makes me sad. Back when we'd win leagues opposition fans would go crazy but it's almost like they don't care as much right now.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
5 minutes after the game my dear husband send me picture of cigarette box, "Blue" (small font) and bellow is "Manchester" (big font). Never saw those before.
Not talking to him since.
Since, he turned into clown trying to cheer me up. Doing his best. Also cleaned the flat, even making dinner now.
I'm not having it.
Conclusion: Ignore them.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thankfully I have no friends who are big football fans. I’m not active on Twitter or Facebook either. My workmates are also not big football fans. Best way to be during our banter era

So today has been like nothing has happened.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
No problem with this banter etc - we saw them cry for the whole SAF era.
We came from 7 League titles to 20 and they remained on their 18 at the time so imagine being a Liverpool fan and seeing United winning one title after another until we reached them and then surpassed them by two!!! :lol:

they used to have a banner at Anfield saying:
Come back when you win 18 Leagues

Can you imagine their hurt during all those years?!

Yesterday is nothing comparable to those years ! :lol:

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It's been relentless. Had a few messages exactly at 7pm asking me what the time was which I thought was rather funny :lol:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Most people here support Liverpool due to Suárez. I have a specific Whatsapp group where I had been taking the piss out of them after Real and specifically about hapless Darwin.

Stopped them on their tracks after the accidental ponytailed second (5-0) saying it was all just Salah having a monster performance and us looking like a drunkard fighting with Tyson. Fun to watch for a bit, but gets old pretty quickly.

I'm upset at our limp dicks, much like I was upset vs Arsenal. As far as Liverpool is concerned, I couldn't care less, spent half the game thinking they are worse off without Firmino, let alone Mané, their backline looks soft and their best performers looked like they were just having a last hurrah showing what they used to be regularly capable of.

Not in the least bit worried about them, just us.

croadyman

It was a freak score and a result of the total mental crumbling of our players after the second goal.
This is what ETH and his helpers have to address now.
We move on to the next game.
No different to the City 6-1 in how it came about,obviously Evans being sent off didn't help of course

JagUTD

I've just pointed out that each goal represents one point that Liverpool are behind us.

Tomorrow though my run is Liverpool :wenger:

ExecutionerWasp001

I hope it all goes to their heads and papers over the cracks so they don't try to fix them.
Alot at work have been telling me how their back. Had to tell them they've turned that many corners this year they've gone full circle. We are likely to get third & will win 1 of Europa & FA Cup or both. Then next season when the oil money comes in they'll be back in the bin with the rest of them.

Nonameisknown

Supports
United
My worst fear is a result worse than this. I dread it but something in me can't fight of the feeling that the banter is going to be worse than this before the season ends. I really pray for the health of our fan base.

Denis79

This loss actually got under my skin . I am still fuming when I think about it and having 'friends' make fun of it does not help.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Receiving bombardments of texts, calls, messages on WhatsApp, some from folk I've not heard from in ages. Not all intended to stick the boot in, but most are, however politely worded/goaded.

Reminds me of days in rival - or ABU - pubs where keeping your composure was essential.

I'm quite numb, so going through the polite motions hasn't been that difficult, but how's it going for you?

How about the self-reflection where you realise you're not quite the grown-up you masquerade as most days;l? More your triggers rarely get pressed so hard it's like you‘re tap-dancing across a minefield.
I haven't really looked at any football related media besides the Cafe as I know it's just going to piss me off.

But also looking forward to seeing how we respond Thursday. This is the first team we've had in a decade that I genuinely think is quite promising in what we are building (besides that lockdown run of form), so I'm quietly confident we see a response.

lsd

The Oracle
Girl friend who hads no interested in football laughed her head of when she saw the score and is still laughing pretty much all day.

Starting to understand why OJ did it

Xeno

Just had a nine a side game in Liverpool. Wasn’t too bad, no where near as bad as after the 5-0. They’re still miles behind in the league and winning nothing this season.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
feck me. This is quite the thread. Almost pathetic.

I’m so past the age of letting it affect my day to the point where I need to ask myself “how it’s affecting me”

I was annoyed and upset for about a half hour after the game yesterday & today is another day.

Be like this guy & just laugh along with it and don’t let it ruin your day.
Laugh along with it, I don't let football ruin my day in the slightest.

MTF

It sucks, but one thing I certainly don't feel is embarrassed. It's bad enough that I feel embarrassment about my own mistakes and missteps in life (some from many many years ago), I'm unable to feel actual embarrassment due to a performance that I can have 0 influence on.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I have no problem with the banter and ribbing etc, its to be expected and some of it has been funny. However I cant stand the "dont worry get over it crowd". Complete lack of pride in that lot.