How would you spend our next 200 million?

Ace

200m isn’t enough— we still need a first team goalkeeper, right back, center back (or two), a complete midfield rebuild, wingers, and a goal scoring center forward.

Regardless, EtH shouldn’t be asked to find these players given his track record. Too bad we’ll be stuck with all of his signings after he’s fired… just like our last Dutch manager who played terrible football and brought in terrible players.

ATXRedDevil

Agree with most of this but I would not sell Bruno. If we improve the team he is an excellent attacking mid and one of the most creative players in world football, most of his issues stem from being bounced from attacking mid to central to RW, often in the space of one game. If you add in that he is the only creative force in the team it puts a ton of pressure on him every game to try and win it on his own.
Bruno's a brilliant player, but I just feel like his inability to retain the ball and tendency to always go for the killer pass is antithetical to how we should be trying to play. I'd also like to see us transition to a 3 man midfield (no #10), and for the aforementioned reasons, I just don't think he can do that. He's 30 in September, on high wages and this summer we could probably still get a good fee for him. If we managed to replace him with Wirtz, we'd be better off IMO.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If we can get targets we'd go after in summer in January, of course. If not, at least get one younger centre back who can handle ETH's tactical vision and a striker who can take some of the burden off of Hojlund.

We need the recruitment team in situ before we start spending big anyway.

January should be all about trimming the squad and improving dressing room harmony.

SparkedIntoLife

CDR: M. Vitik - 15m
CDL: L. Beraldo - 25m
DM: H. Larsson - 35m
CM: K. Thuram - 45m
RW: Estevao - 60m (will arrive in 2025 when he turns 18)
ST: S. Guirassy - 20m

didz

Andre from Fluminese would be my first call, to give Mainoo somebody to play football with in midfield. Then probably Todibo to add some quality in possession to the backline. I don't think he'll be moving til the summer, though.

Somewhere along the way we'll also be needing a striker. Guirassy might be worth a punt, but I feel like there should be a better fit to be had. I just can't for the like of me think who that realistically might be right now.

Tyrion

A holding midfielder (Mainoo is too young, Casemiro too old, McTominay is not a holding midfielder anyway).

A good right back (Dalot can't defend and AWB can't attack)

Lux Thunder

If we are looking for someone who can add some steel to our midfield and is equally good on the ball, I will look no further than Exequiel Palacios. Very, very underrated work in this flying Leverkusen side.

RiqCantona

For January, I'd focusing on shipping out Sancho and Martial. And find like for like replacements for ST and RW. Could even be 1 player who can play in both positions.

Laurencio

Guirassy - £15M.
He has a £15M release clause, is scoring tons in the Bundesliga and is physically strong enough to do a decent job in this league. Cheap and experienced who can give Hojlund a rest. Not a long-term option really, but we need experience and goalscoring short-term while Hojlud gets more experienced and we have the money for a world class striker. Should we somehow end up with some money, we should go for Osimhen.

Raphinha - £55M (what they paid basically)
Best RW we can get, and Barca are looking to sell.

Palacios - £50M/Andre - £30M
A hard working defensive midfielder is a must, preferably someone who can pass the ball well and show for the ball. Mainoo is going to be good, but we can't rely on an 18 year old all season.

Inacio/Todibo - £40M
Left-footed centreback who can pass, is decent in the air and can rotate with Martinez.

Total: £160-200M depending on the final valuation on some of these players.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The fun part is picking players in positions we don't need that have worked with Ten Hag or have played in the Dutch league.

I'm going for two left wingers that we overpay massively for.

NoPace

I haven't watched enough non-Prem football to have a take, but if we wanted to get back to signing young players who have proven they're at least mid-table Prem starters, you'd have to say something like this:

Ferguson - 110M, Brighton, insane fee but he's young and skilled
Onana - 60M, athletic #8 to partner Mainoo, not 100% sold on him overall but with Lisandro at LCB nice to have some size in midfield.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
I’d buy two top attacking players. Genuinely baffling to me how people bang on about CBs or CMs when not a single one of our attackers outside of Rashford (if not in his off year) starts for another top 8 side. Our attacking options are absolutely brutal and that’s the most important area of the pitch.
This is the thing! Yet everyone is talking about midfielders, right backs or getting young players.
I looked our front three in the past few matches. Garnacho, Hojlund and Antony are backups with some potential. We need starters at ST and RW. Then we need to pray Rashy gets his groove back or we'll need to replace him in the summer.
The rest of our team isn't that bad once some of the injured players return.
Come summertime, we should think about replacements for Varane and Casemiro.

didz

I’d buy two top attacking players. Genuinely baffling to me how people bang on about CBs or CMs when not a single one of our attackers outside of Rashford (if not in his off year) starts for another top 8 side. Our attacking options are absolutely brutal and that’s the most important area of the pitch.
I'm one who has named a midfielder and a defender, but I can't fault your logic - two top attacking players who are at or approaching their peak would make a huge difference, and should probably be the bigger priority. I just can't think of anyone in particular off the top of my head.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Until we can sort the culture out there’s no point having this discussion. We all know what will happen with the next 200m - we’ll overspend on either a young player with a shocking attitude or a supposedly cracking player who comes here and lets his dreams die

We’ve made about one good signing in 10 years - what’s the point in discussing this anymore?

Roboc7

We desperately need two midfielders, a striker, a RW and a centre back. The defence needs major surgery as well and there are huge doubts over the keeper but can’t solve all our problems straight away.

Have to target younger players, smaller fees and cheaper wages. Buy players from leagues/clubs where you don’t pay as much of a premium, money needs to be spread around more.

The squad needs to be gutted as well, it’s so important that we get rid of lots of players quickly and don’t cling on to same players we know aren’t good enough.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Priority has to be CM, a goalscoring RW and ST. We need a midfield and goals. Defence will have to wait.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
My transfer policy would consist of the following rules:

1. No players from outside the top 6 leagues unless my best scout is 100% sure he's found the next Messi or something. And the weaker the league, the higher the burden of proof (being good in France is not the same as being good in Spain).

2. No player older than 26

Exceptions to the rule:
- Genuine world class players with a good injury record, no sign of slowing down and a great attitude.
- Squad options joining us on a free transfer with reasonable wage demands.
- Goalkeepers.

3. No player should cost more than 60 million. The exception being the world class player as described above.

4. Very strict background checks. We need top professionals.

Keeping all of this in mind, I reckon we could sign at least 4 players. Ideally I'd want 2 attackers, 2 central midfielders, 1 center back and 1 right back, which is maybe a bit too much for one summer.

Shaw, Martinez and Bruno are good enough and must stay. Onana, Højlund and Mount deserve one more season. Garnacho, Mainoo and Amad must be kept for their potential. The rest I couldn't care less about, but some of them will obviously have to stay so that we have a team.

astracrazy

A proven premier league striker. A no risk solution to our scoring problem.

Steve 007

I honestly don’t think people understand how good Casimeiro actually is.

200m my 3 priorities are:
Striker
Right striker/winger
Centre back

Mainoonited

1. A goalscorer. I think right now we lack goals. IDK what the ban has done for his fitness but I'd be looking to bring in Toney. We should have spent everything we had last summer on Kane, we didn't, we messed up. Maybe that kid at Monaco we've been linked with who's having his Michu moment.

2. Midfield creativity. We need Eriksen with the stamina to play a whole match. Who that is, i'm not sure.

3. A RB who can both defend and attack. We turned our nose up a while ago, he's doing great at Newcastle.

We need to let a whole lot more go and replace them with better, younger versions.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Ball playing centre-back, established midfielder with a good few years left, winger who can actually assist, established striker to help Hojlund.

Off the top of my head, and hopefully getable: Todibo or Guehi, Douglas Luiz or Palhinha, Bakayoko (PSV) or Olise, Toney or Lautaro Martinez

I'm assuming that we are going to be without Casemiro, Varane and Sancho - these would be my replacement options.

Mwooyo

Surely can't have Rashford, Garnacho and Kvaratskhelia, so who gets sold?
Rashford every day and twice at Night. We should have sold him in the summer after his best season...he is martial 2.0...super overrated

AneRu

Address the weakest positions with big money but carefully considered signings.
1. I'd choose to make do with internal resources for the Right side; rotate Antony, Amad and Mount for the RW and continue with the AWB/Dalot tandem

2. I would look to sign a RCB with top class potential in the 23 to 26 age bracket and in the 40m to 60m fee range.

3. Task the scouts with finding the right DM for the right price. Ideally you would want someone to walk right in the side and partner Mainoo but I fear that if we sell Casemiro we would need a starter and back up. Mainoo should be developed as a playmaking CM with defensive abilities, he is not ready to play DM at this level. If we scout well we should be able to get two in for a combined fee of 60m to 70m.

We could choose to keep Casemiro and buy an understudy who is ready to start but that would be more costly than getting Casemiro's huge wages off the books and getting a fee from the Saudis.

4. Buy a top class striker in his prime, break the bank for Toney if possible and allow Hoijlund to grow at his own pace with little to no expectations.

5. On the left I am keeping Shaw, getting Fernandez back and selling Malacia. I read on here that Fernandez has started his spell in La Liga well. I think with Martinez's injuries we are going to need more of Shaw at LCB so we need, if Alvaro continues on his trajectory, someone to be a legit contender for LB.

I think this allows us to bolster the defense and midfield whilst getting the attack a focal point ready to deliver.