How would you spend our next 200 million?

lysglimt

Scout
I like this idea. He can come in and rotate well with Hojlund and bring in PL experience. I think he still has some upside as well, now that he knows his game more and matures further. Another striker we should look at is Joshua Zirkzee of Bologna. Highly touted as a young player, lost his way in a couple of loans and now looks to getting back to where everyone thought he could be. Very good technically, can hold the ball up and he's also good in tight spaces in the box. Solanke may cost anywhere between 35-50m but Zirkzee likely to be cheaper.
But why would you take Solanke over for instance Toney ? Toney is just 1.5 years older and has performed much better in the Premier League

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Create a strong rest defense by raising the level technically, physically and athletically so we can play higher up the pitch. Playing higher up the pitch will help the attackers.

We played Liverpool and we defended deep as a team in a compact block. And that was good, but we need to develop the team, so we can play a more dominant brand of football higher up the pitch in a compact block. In that scenario we need players at CB and in midfield who have the technical ability on the ball, aswell as the physical and athletic ability to defend large spaces when the opposition is hitting us on the break. Our team is weak in midfield and at CB in that scenario and we don't have the players who can control or contain defensive transitions. We've had good defensive displays post Fergie by playing in a compact deeper block where the CBs concentrate on box defending, while the fullbacks and deeper midfielders defend out wide and centrally. The problem for our team becomes visible when we commit players forward and the spaces open up in transition. And we don't have strong players to contain transitions in larger spaces because we lack physically and athletically.

If we want to give the likes of Martinez, Mainoo, Onana, Shaw etc the platform to thrive and progress play from deeper. Then you absolutely need players who have the technical quality along with the physical and athletic capabilities to control or contain transitions in a higher defensive line.

If the aim is to play the game in the opponent's half, then it's a must to have a strong rest defense. And what is a rest defense? A rest defense is basically the players who are occupying the deepest spaces in a compact high block. So whether ten Hag wants to go with a 3-1 resting structure with a inverting fullback or a 3-2 resting structure with both fullbacks inverting, it's important to have players in that resting structure that have the required attributes both with the ball in the build up phase, and without the ball in a high defensive line.

If we create a strong rest defense, it will result in us creating a lot of chances imo. And why that will happen is due to the rest defense having players who are strong duellers when they're playing 40 yards higher up the pitch. That will then (imo) result in a better high press and also better progression, because it will allow the more technical ball players to thrive in possession, instead of asking them to do too much out of possession, which is happening right now.

CB: Pace, power and athleticism to defend the channel in 1v1 scenarios higher up the pitch, along with being capable on the ball in the build up phase. Players that could be targeted for this role are Todibo, Ousmane Diomande or even young Leny Yoro, but we'd have to be patient with him due to his age.

CM: A player to come into midfield to play alongside Kobbie Mainoo. Mainoo provides the progression along with the CBs, fullbacks and the GK. So you need to balance that out with a player who thrives in winning ground duels in a high defensive line, when space opens up for the opposition to hit us on the break. My options here are Amadou Onana, Lucas Gourna-Douath or even someone like Youssouf Fofana. And I'm sure there's many other players who I haven't even mentioned. I think we might be able to sign Fofana alongside one of Onana or Lucas Gourna-Douath.

If the aim is to play the game in the opponent's half, then it's crucial to have a strong rest defense. You can't as a team press, probe, provoke the opponent higher up the pitch without having a strong rest defense that is equipped to deal with transitions 40 yards up the pitch.

Below is our possible build up phase and there's progression potential aplenty with the below players, but we've backed progression potential with added physical and athletic ability, with the hypothetical arrival of Todibo and Amadou Onana. I've also positioned Amadou Onana as the LCM ahead of Martinez, which has the potential to help Martinez flourish on the ball with a duel winning machine in close proximity.

------‐----------------Onana---------------
Dalot------Todibo------Martinez------Shaw
---------------Mainoo-----Onana------

And below is our possible rest defense in a higher defensive line. And having a strong rest defense is the key to taking a big step forward in our development, which will allow our progressive players to potentially thrive on the ball and our attack to finally have the support and service that is lacking due to not being able to maintain a high defensive line against anyone half decent.

--------------------------Onana--------------
----------Todibo-----Martinez-----Shaw--
-------------------------Onana-----

So signing Amadou Onana along with Todibo or Ousmane Diomande, I'd also sign Yousouff Fofana and a couple of forwards. And with Sancho possibly leaving, I hope we target someone like Bakayoko from PSV or Nico Williams from Club Athletic. And Williams is comfortable playing on either flank and has a release clause in his contract. And I'm hoping we sign another striker with Martial potentially leaving at the end of the season.

Todibo, Amadou Onana, Nico Williams, striker and Yousouff Fofana. And if there's a possibility to sign a young midfield prospect like Arthur Vermeeren, I'd go ahead and sign him as well.
I think this post really nails it in general but Martinez just can't be in the center of that rest defense. More than any other player, the middle CB in that line of three needs to be a dominant player physically and athletically and ideally has a temperament that is more attuned to anticipation and covering than front footed dueling all the time. Martinez is the complete opposite on both counts, he doesn't have either the physical tools or the right mentality for that role.

The two options with him are to play him as a LCB who becomes the leftmost of a three when high up the pitch (still some issues there to be honest as he will get tested in 1-v-1s but not quite as exposed, especially if there is a dominant CB in the middle to help cover him) or, ideally, to play him as a LB who inverts into midfield and is in the next line forward when you're in the opponent's half. That was Arteta's plan for him if he signed at Arsenal and I think it remains the best way to use his considerable skills while covering for his weaknesses. He can carry the ball forward and become more of a fulcrum of the team's ball progression, and in defensive transitions he can have the freedom to get tight to his man and aggressively contest duels in more confined spaces, knowing that there are three athletic players behind him.

Either way, the most important player for United to acquire IMO is a RCB who can then slot into the middle of a three when high up the pitch. Get that player right and it changes a lot for the side. Get the CDM ahead of him right as well and all of a sudden you've got a very good platform and everything else will click so much better.

Gordon S

Takefusa Kubo, Florian Wirtz and Lautaro Martinez. If that doesn`t solve our bluntness in attack i would call it a day.

Kingslayer18

But why would you take Solanke over for instance Toney ? Toney is just 1.5 years older and has performed much better in the Premier League

Cause there will be a bidding war for Toney, he will likely go for 70-100m as Brentford will charge a high price. I don't think we're going to be looking to pay that kind of fee given our FFP issues.

marktan

Some good posts but I think people focusing on the defenders are way off the mark.

For me the attack is by far the most important aspect of a team, and the area of the pitch we've struggled with genuine quality the most after SAF left.

A front of a hot and cold Rashford, a young Hojlund and a crap Antony is not going to win you games regardless of who you have behind them.

Look at Liverpool - they've been better this season due to good midfield improvements, but they've still been struggling as Nunez is erratic, Diaz is nowhere near Mane and Salah is older. Look at City - KDB is often the game changer for them and they miss him, alongside the width and depth Mahrez provided.

So for me the order of priority would be:
- A top quality RW - I'd bring Greenwood back asap tbh, someone like Wirtz would cost way too much and Bundesliga attackers often inflate their stats against poor defences
- A top LW - Sancho was never it and after watching Dortmund regularly I never rated him, because he struggled to beat players. We need someone like Doku. Even if the end product isn't there, someone that can beat a man and create a space is something that was key in SAF's teams. Nani, Ronaldo etc.
- A ball playing B2B midfielder so we can stop playing Mctomomay in that role.

A striker would be nice but two productive wide players would create more chances of Martial, Hojlund, and Rashford in that role. Buying quality in the above would probably cost about £150m so wouldn't really leave much room for a striker like Osimhen, Lauraro or Toney. Probably use the remaining £50m on a DM, or a CB and a GK since Onana probably won't be a long term solution.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Need to build towards a 4-2-3-1 IMO given our players and having 2 per position, starter and a backup with a good blend of young and experienced players, and the right level or squad depth for competition but also players content in squad roles. It's a hard balance.

Onana, Altay, Heaton is a good three for GK.

Dalot and Wan Bissaka is a good two at RB.

Martinez as LCB starter and Lindelof as RCB backup is fine. Need someone younger like Todibo as RCB starter and probably a new LCB as backup.

Shaw and Malacia, with Fernandez competing to be the backup is a good group at LB. Eventually will need to make a decision to reduce that 3 to 2 main guys but ages work out for that to be smooth transitions. We'll see if Malacia or Fernandez are good enough to eventually be 1st choice like Shaw is now.

Casemiro, McTominay as the physical/ball winning type needs serious addressing. Casemiro is good but might be leaving, might be declining, might have injury issues. McTominay isn't good enough and isn't good at that role. If Casemiro can have a renaissance, find a new life in a double pivot with Mainoo for example, could be great and we just get a younger backup to eventually take over from him.

Mainoo and Eriksen as the deep playmakers is not ideal given where both are in their careers, but not an urgent need to address due to mainoos rise. If Mainoo can keep it up and actually be a regular starter minutes, Eriksen can stay as a depth guy for him, and between Casemiro and a new DM it'd be a good group. If Casemiro leaves then we'd need 2 new DMs anyway.

Bruno, Mount and Hannibal is overloaded at #10. Mount is on starter wages and big signing, but not Bruno level. Bruno is captain and our most productive and best player. Hannibal fine as backup given Bruno's fitness is immaculate. Mount extra here.

Rashford and Garnacho, good on paper but given Rashfords inconsistencies and wages, a decision might need to be made in the next 2 years. Fine for now. Sancho to be binned regardless.

Antony and Amad is mediocre, but probably not an urgent need. Antony I don't rate but isn't the worst option, and we spent so much that he'll be given time. Amad as well will get his chances and needs to show if he's good enough. Pellistri I'm not sure is the right level for us. Not urgent need here given needs elsewhere, but summer 2025 should be a ton of attention on RW. If possible to sell Antony and replace with a top RW in 2024 then do it for sure. But needs the right target.

CF, Hojlund is the long term guy, Martial will leave this summer. Makes sense to get someone like Guirassy on a cheaper deal who can be a good experienced goalscorer and compete with Hojlund til he develops.

So if I'm making a transfer list, I'm going:
  • Todibo
  • LCB (depth level)
  • 2x DM (Andre possibly as one, depends on Casemiro)
  • Guirassy at CF
  • If money there, a RW, no idea who
Deal with the sales, clean up the squad, get a young core group, implement the system and then work on serious strengthening with bigger players as the next step. You need the base and consistent performance levels to attract the right players, we need the younger guys to realistically develop and so we build around that. Our FFP situation needs fixing before we can start flexing our financial strength again, so a smart window is needed.

The next step I'd put the transition of Bruno and Eriksen. Eriksen will leave, Bruno i think can be a squad player between that deep playmaker and #10 where he still plays plenty, but maybe not the 1st choice in either. If Wirtz is still available at that point, then I'd go big for him. But that's a 2025/2026 thing.

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I like Neves but I think Mainoo gives you most of what he would bring to the team. That in addition to his release clause means we can't afford to blow a big part of any transfer budget on him. I'd replace him in your list with Arthur Vemeeren, cheaper and has as great an upside as Neves. He also has experience playing as both a sole 6 and as part of a two in midfield. He would bring both carrying ability and progressive passing to our midfield and is effectively the long term replacement for Eriksen.
Im not familiar with him, which is why I didn’t list him. Thanks for the name, I’ll look into him.

Irrational.

Players with a strong, win-at-all costs mentality. Talent is useless without it. So many of our players are cowards who retreat into their shells at the first sign of danger. We need more leaders instead of some of the wet wipes we have.

croadyman

United again briefing that January is a bad time to sign players.

United again completely behind the times saying something which hasn’t been true for almost a decade
Yeah well done Collette and co,can’t put it all on Rasmus until May. He needs help so stop crying about teeth of FFP and get him some help

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
I would be more excited with the outgoings than incomings in the state we are at the moment. Our squad is bloated, way overpaid and thoroughly mediocre.

I would be thrilled if we can get rid of Casemiro, Varane, Sancho, Vdb, Reguilon and Martial in the January transfer window. I think we'd have a decent enough squad left even with those outgoings to compete for the rest of the season. Martinez, Eriksen, Mount, Malacia and Amad should be back by the end of January to contribute.

Then in the summer I hope we can get rid of Maguire, McTominay, Amrabat, Awb, Lindelof and Antony & raise enough for a proper assault. As 200m is not going to get us anywhere, we need to drop 300m-350m to build a proper team. In the summer we'll need a starting RB, a RCB, a LCB, 2 CM's, a RW and a #1 striker.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I think you should stop pursuing what you perceive as the top prospects. The reason being that players move because of money and/or perspective. But from the outside, the perspective at your club isn't particularly appealing since a United move turned out to the wrong decision for multiple very promising players in the past decade.

So if you land one of these high profile signings, chances are that they prioritized money over perspective when joining you - and that's not what you want. In your stead, I would pursue a mid- to longterm strategy to break out of the downwards spiral for good. First build a strong core of solid players that can follow tactical instructions to a decent enough level and possess a good technical level. Amrabat is a good start I think but you should do more of these. Liverpool got much stick for signing Endo but he's very good value for money. When you've assembled a team like this, you can try to sign top players again and maybe they'll join you because they see you provide them with a platform to shine in form of a functioning collective and not just because you offer the highest paycheck.

There are lots of very good players you can sign for 200M.

aeh1991

I think you should stop pursuing what you perceive as the top prospects. The reason being that players move because of money and/or perspective. But from the outside, the perspective at your club isn't particularly appealing since a United move turned out to the wrong decision for multiple very promising players in the past decade.

So if you land one of these high profile signings, chances are that they prioritized money over perspective when joining you - and that's not what you want. In your stead, I would pursue a mid- to longterm strategy to break out of the downwards spiral for good. First build a strong core of solid players that can follow tactical instructions to a decent enough level and possess a good technical level. Amrabat is a good start I think but you should do more of these. Liverpool got much stick for signing Endo but he's very good value for money. When you've assembled a team like this, you can try to sign top players again and maybe they'll join you because they see you provide them with a platform to shine in form of a functioning collective and not just because you offer the highest paycheck.

So, what about Tapsoba, Frimpong and Boniface for 100m? Maybe Alonso too :D

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Any opinion on Simikan as an option for RB/RCB?

I know Arsenal were linked in the summer. I've seen him a few times and he looks physically very impressive, not sure on his defensive capabilities, but he'd definitely add athleticism to the defence.

He also seems quite good on the ball and his passing and progressive carrying and passing stats are very good.
Simikan is a interesting player due to his versatility to play at both RCB in a 3 man backline and at RB. His physical and athletic capabilities are also something that can help us. He's a player that I'd love to see us sign as a rotation player and he potentially provides solutions as far as tactical flexibility is concerned. And on top of that he has attributes that can enhance our rest defense capabilities. So if we signed Todibo or Ousmane Diomande and also brought in Simikan as a possible replacement for Lindelof, then I believe that would be us going in the right direction.

didz

I more or less agree with that. We've oscillated between signing projects who need time they won't get, and perceived elites who'll need replacing sooner rather than later. And at either end of the spectrum, we're paying top dollar and seeing poor returns.

Players at or approaching their peak, with a couple of seasons of consistent performances behind them, who can boost the bottom level of the squad, are my preference at this point. Boringly consistent footballers who you know what you'll get from over the full length of their contract.

I would say, however, that I don't think any of our signings in the summer gone really fit the description of just coming here for the biggest pay cheque. The main problem was that everyone we signed was fecking injured! We also overpaid, but that's hardly new.

Oranges038

Simikan is a interesting player due to his versatility to play at both RCB in a 3 man backline and at RB. His physical and athletic capabilities are also something that can help us. He's a player that I'd love to see us sign as a rotation player and he potentially provides solutions as far as tactical flexibility is concerned. And on top of that he has attributes that can enhance our rest defense capabilities. So if we signed Todibo or Ousmane Diomande and also brought in Simikan as a possible replacement for Lindelof, then I believe that would be us going in the right direction.
Thanks, I like the look of Simikan, maybe him and Sacha Boey would offer a different dynamic at on the right side of defence, they are both fast and seem like quite aggressive forward runners off the ball and not shy about getting back either.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Too optimistic, we won't be spending much even if we sell some players. There is likely no European football, you won't need a squad that big. ETH is already calling youth players to the bench. We will see more players sold than more players coming in. Maybe 1 striker and 1 right winger if Amad is disappointing. That's would be our transfer until Erik can be trusted as a manager.

KD6-3.7

I would rather us not waste more money on terrible transfers if the same people are still involved with signings.

Even if we do bring in a proper director of football and structure within the club it’s going to take years to see improvement, also I would like the club to be more focused on getting rid of the deadwood even if it means letting their contracts run out or taking a huge loss on getting rid of the likes of Sancho.

Overhaul FC

Y. Fofana CM £30m
Yoro CB £20m
Tapsoba CB £25m
Frimpong RB £30m
Chosen ST upto £60m
£165m

Hojlund/ST
Garnacho Fernandes Greenwood
Mainoo Fofana
Shaw Yoro Tapsoba Frimpong
Onana​

Borussia Teeth

Y. Fofana CM £30m
Yoro CB £20m
Tapsoba CB £25m
Frimpong RB £30m
Chosen ST upto £60m
£165m

Hojlund/ST
Mainoo Fofana
Onana​
These players (apart from Yoro, maybe) will all cost more than what you have valued them at. Especially with our negotiation team.

daba

Y. Fofana CM £30m
Yoro CB £20m
Tapsoba CB £25m
Frimpong RB £30m
Chosen ST upto £60m
£165m

Hojlund/ST
Mainoo Fofana
Onana​
Yoro £30m
Tapsoba £45m
Frimpong £35m

Still £200m tbf.

matt10000

Next 200 million? Invest into the best scouting and development system in the world. Better than spunking it all on a couple of players that may or may not make a difference in the short term

BelfastRed2021

Players I'd like us to sign

Diamonde todibo or Inacio
Frimpong
Onana
Bowen
Toney

Last edited:

CasaStreets

New RB who can attack and sell Dalot

New first choice RCB who's good on the ball

Tall LCB who's good on the ball to compete with Martínez

New CDM who can play single pivot (Amrabat can't, Casemiro's getting old)

Left footed RW who's a significant upgrade on Antony and can make it in the PL as a winger

Probably need an older stop-gap striker like Cavani who can share the responsibilities with Hojlund for one or two seasons
Dalot just got a new contract. Also I don’t understand anyone who both wants a new attacking RB while keeping AWB but selling Dalot.

That means the team has to change the way it plays anytime the starting RB is out because AWB’s attacking limitations.

Dalot should stay as backup to a higher quality attacking RB. That way at least there’s consistency in playing style if/when we want to rest our first choice.

Bondi77

Before I spend any money I want to see if I can get my money back on faulty goods that I have already spent money on.

aeh1991

Dalot just got a new contract. Also I don’t understand anyone who both wants a new attacking RB while keeping AWB but selling Dalot.

That means the team has to change the way it plays anytime the starting RB is out because AWB’s attacking limitations.

Dalot should stay as backup to a higher quality attacking RB. That way at least there’s consistency in playing style if/when we want to rest our first choice.
The thing is that Dalot is neither good at attacking nor at defending while AWB at least brings one quality. Dalot is just the ultimative nothing player that we have to ship off for good money. We need one clear starter at RB and AWB can stay as his backup. Also noticed that his attacking has become better, I prefer him more than Dalot.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What are rumours about winter window now? Can we buy players anyway because of our shit FFP situation?

didz

What are rumours about winter window now? Can we buy players anyway because of our shit FFP situation?
Supposedly they still have to clear the FAPOT before Ratcliffe can invest funds that would balance against FSR, which will take anywhere between 4 and 8 weeks depending on which journalists you believe.

Until that hurdle is cleared, INEOS can influence but not enact. So I would tentatively guess that our January spending will be barely affected, if at all.

United888

With only 200m, we can at least get 3 or 4 quality starting XI players.

Ivan Toney (£80m)
We need a striker because Hojlund isn’t ready. Toney is a great option for striker that suits our current wingers because he can bring others into play and create his own chances and create chances for our wingers. I expect Brentford will ask around 70m-80m.

Joao Neves (£85m)
We need more technical players in our midfield to play more possession game. I think we need a no 8 that has similar style of Eriksen but can also step in to play no 6 and press resistant (Just in case if Mainoo is injured then we can still have someone else who is press resistant).

Todibo (£35m)
Varane is injury prone, Lindelof isn’t good enough, while Maguire lacks of pace will hurt us to play high line. That means we need a new CB. We need a proactive, tall, quick, strong, and good on the ball to play from the back

daba

With only 200m, we can at least get 3 or 4 quality starting XI players.

Ivan Toney (£80m)
We need a striker because Hojlund isn’t ready. Toney is a great option for striker that suits our current wingers because he can bring others into play and create his own chances and create chances for our wingers. I expect Brentford will ask around 70m-80m.

Joao Neves (£85m)
We need more technical players in our midfield to play more possession game. I think we need a no 8 that has similar style of Eriksen but can also step in to play no 6 and press resistant (Just in case if Mainoo is injured then we can still have someone else who is press resistant).

Todibo (£35m)
Varane is injury prone, Lindelof isn’t good enough, while Maguire lacks of pace will hurt us to play high line. That means we need a new CB. We need a proactive, tall, quick, strong, and good on the ball to play from the back
All good suggestions but I don’t think spending £160m on two players is particularly wise given the rebuilding that realistically needs doing across more than just 3 positions.

Below are my picks for Low, Med, High cost options:

ST options
Low - Guirassy £20m or Zirkzee £25m
Mid - Gimenez £50m
High - Toney £75m

CM options
Low - Rabiot FREE
Mid - Thuram or K.Kone £40m
High - Neves or Barella £85m

DM options
Low - Vermeeren or Gourna-Doath £30m
Mid - Andre £35m
High - Onana or Palhinha £60m

RB options (all Mid options)
Frimpong £35m
Vanderson £40m
Geertruida £30m
Simakan £45m

RCB options
Low - Debast £25m
Mid - Yoro or Todibo £35m
High - Diomande or Scalvini £65m

LCB options
Low - L.Kelly FREE
Mid - Medina £35m
High - Branthwaite £60m (or RCB options)

Lots of viable options in each position. If I had the £200m to spend, I’d do something like this:

January 2024
Andre £35m
Zirkzee £25m

Summer 2024
L.Kelly FREE
Frimpong £35m
Todibo £35m
Rabiot FREE
Onana £60m
Bardghji £10m (Send on Loan)

Last edited:

United888

All good suggestions but I don’t think spending £160m on two players is particularly wise given the rebuilding that realistically needs doing across more than just 3 positions.

Below are my picks for Low, Med, High cost options:

ST options
Low - Guirassy £20m or Zirkzee £25m
Mid - Gimenez £50m
High - Toney £75m

CM options
Low - Rabiot FREE
Mid - Thuram or K.Kone £40m
High - Neves or Barella £85m

DM options
Low - Vermeeren or Gourna-Doath £30m
Mid - Andre £35m
High - Onana or Palhinha £60m

RB options (all Mid options)
Frimpong £35m
Vanderson £40m
Geertruida £30m
Simakan £45m

RCB options
Low - Debast £25m
Mid - Yoro or Todibo £35m
High - Diomande or Scalvini £65m

LCB options
Low - L.Kelly FREE
Mid - Medina £35m
High - Branthwaite £60m (or RCB options)

Lots of viable options in each position. If I had the £200m to spend, I’d do something like this:

January 2024
Andre £35m
Zirkzee £25m

Summer 2024
L.Kelly FREE
Frimpong £35m
Todibo £35m
Rabiot FREE
Onana £60m
Bardghji £10m (Send on Loan)
I expect our rebuilding will need minimum 2 or may be 3 more summer transfer windows. Without considering sell, I expect those three is what we need because both Martial and Varane will be out of contract in the summer means we need CB and striker regardless. While with ageing midfielders, I think we need to target a young midfielder who can play in Eriksen’s role

I don’t know what I feel about having Zirkzee and Hojlund as our no 9. Two inexperienced players. We should be targeting proven striker with experienced.

Neves is generation talent, I will spend whatever the money on him to build our midfield around him and Mainoo. Rabiot is going to be 29 and I don’t feel like it’s a good idea to add another 29 years old midfielder when we already have Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno. On top of it, he might ask high wages which something we need to avoid if we want to re-structure our wages.

Frimpong should be cost much more because he just signed a new contract. I expect Leverkusen will ask double of what they asked last summer means around 60m.

I don’t like the idea of spending more than 50m on a midfielder who is not goal scorer or not generation talent like Onana. Onana is good midfielder but I would rather spend 85m on generation talent like Neves and build the team around him and Mainoo. I think we need to set criteria and structure to help us to know when we need or cannot spend more than 50m on a single player.