Huddersfield v Man Utd u23s

Pablo76

Thanks for posting that!

Awful commentator, sounds like an impressionist who’s trying too hard to be a Yorkshireman :lol:

Who scored Huddersfield’s first goal? U23? He had a hard paper round.

Big Andy

Bloke
Thanks for posting that!

Awful commentator, sounds like an impressionist who’s trying too hard to be a Yorkshireman :lol:

Still better than that cnut in MUTV

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Watched in the 2nd half and the United #11 (Olonga?) was quite good. Expected Mejbri to play in midfield alongside Garner but he was playing as an out and out striker and United looked outnumbered in midfield pretty often.

Amarsdd

I don’t follow the reserves very closely but this guy has been talked about for a while now, is he any closer to the first team?
I don't follow the reserves closely either but from what I know I don't think Mejbri will feature in the first team this season. He only started playing for u23's later on in the last season, so I expect him to get a full season there this season. But still I'm hoping to see him get a couple of appearances in the League and FA cup.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I would cut Garner some slacks. Haven't played any game in months at any level.

Bernard is certainly ready for loan as Wood said. I would send him out with the three on midfield.
You need to tailor that post

Mickson

Watched in the 2nd half and the United #11 (Olonga?) was quite good. Expected Mejbri to play in midfield alongside Garner but he was playing as an out and out striker and United looked outnumbered in midfield pretty often.
Elanga. He grew up only a few kilometers from where you live, so you should know about him! :cool:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thanks for posting that!

It wasn't Hudds u23, it was just their first team squad (minus a couple of regulars)

In Rainbows

Some thoughts on Mejbri

If you're judging his performance on whether how influential he was by chances created, dribbling past players, or even getting on the ball a lot, then you would not say he had a great performance. However, in the limited touches he had on the ball, he was the most impressive of the lot. 95% of the time his touches were great despite having a defender being physical from behind as he was coming towards the ball as a #9. I contrast that with Puigmal and Elanga. Puigmal was put in similar situations and he did not handle it well. He wasn't able to retain possession and link the attack because defenders outmuscled him. Elanga was almost as good as Mejbri in these situations and felt he was the 2nd best in that area of the game. Although his touches weren't as clean as Mejbri's, he did well to win fouls and help United retain possession.

This is important because this physical part of the game is going to be an adjustment when playing against men at first team level.

If you go back and specifically watch out for these instances, I feel you would agree with me.

Was impressed with Mengi and Bernard's ability to play out from the back. Bernard has improved a lot in that regard. Not sure if it would translate at the senior level as it is here like Mengi's would, but it's impressive he has improved this much regardless. Laird was definitely a mixed bag. He had the right ideas a lot of times, he just didn't quite have the sharpness to execute them or it could have just been one of the days a battle was just a cagey battle.

Galbraith was the standout for me. He looked the most assured in possession giving himself a lot of time, compared to Garner and Levitt.

Joseunited

Nice game to watch.Elanga looks a real danger coming off of the left hand side.Laird looks like he needs a loan where he can properly learn the full back role,he's looking a bit of a liability at the moment.