Huddersfield v Man Utd u23s

Adamsk7

I’m really enjoying this. It’s not often we get the chance to see our youth against quality opposition. It’s these sorts of games where we can really see who’s got the potential for our first 11, who needs a loan and who isn’t gonna make it

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Their second goal gave me flashbacks to the Sevilla winner, with our rightback letting the attacker run off him before the central defender started covering him. This time it was Laird and Mengi rather than AWB and Lindelof.

Seems to be a very open game. Must say I'm surprised Garner hasn't gone out on loan yet.

Adamsk7

Garner needs a loan desperately. Championship. He’d get in their side.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If we're not signing a DM, I'm not sure we should be loaning out Garner. I know it's not ideal for his development, but neither Fred nor McTominay can handle that role. And with games coming thick and fast, there is just no way Matic will be able to play 2 matches a week.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Funny seeing Bacuna against our kids. Seems like last week he was up against PL opposition

0le

Huddersfield Town are so shite. It took me a while to realize they were a Championship team. I thought this was their U23 team.

The Red Thinker

If we're not signing a DM, I'm not sure we should be loaning out Garner. I know it's not ideal for his development, but neither Fred nor McTominay can handle that role. And with games coming thick and fast, there is just no way Matic will be able to play 2 matches a week.
Garner is in a stage where he should be playing week in week out. No way should he be playing U23s and the odd sub off the bench. He needs to figure out his game at the Championship level. By that I mean, consistently becoming a 6. Currently he's somewhere between a 6 and an 8 in his head.

Ekeke

Bernard has had a few nice passes bringing the ball out of defence and finding someone in an advanced position. He's also tried it another couple of times and got the weight of pass wrong.

Galbraith has been busy and a few neat pieces of skill buzzing around midfield

Garner has given away some silly fouls and hasnt had the influence I would have expected

Helm has done a lot of running, working hard and got his reward with the charged down goal. Also one nice cross field pass

Elanga took his goal well coming inside onto his right foot

Laird and Mengi about what I expected of them, both fairly good

Mejbri has shared his time somewhat in a forward position with Helm and has struggled to have much of an influence at all. I can only really remember one thing from him, where he had some strength to hold off a challenge and then won a freekick

Levitt has done less than I would have expected

pascell

I think their commentator has been quite fair
I do but his love in for Diarra is something else.

Horses for courses that half, Laird, Mengi, Bernard have done well defensively. Devine has been 2 on 1 a few times, Elanga has been a good outlet for us, be good to see him carry on the good form this season. We've struggled with our shape due to not having an out an out striker.

We need to get Mejbri on the ball more to help keep it ticking over but we’ve struggled keeping possession at times, must be the zippy surface.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He is impressing me, must admit. Stopped a few of our promising breaks
That Rowe lad has also been good for them. Think he’s quite young to.

Loving the fact we play the same way as our first team. One of the cms dropping in and how we play out from the back is the same. The club actually has an identity for the first time in 7 years.

Garner is definitely ready for first team football. Laird too injuries permitting. Hannibal has been the best player for me, always has time on the ball and takes the ball in tight areas at 17 against men. Very special talent.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Garner is in a stage where he should be playing week in week out. No way should he be playing U23s and the odd sub off the bench. He needs to figure out his game at the Championship level. By that I mean, consistently becoming a 6. Currently he's somewhere between a 6 and an 8 in his head.
I agree. If our aim is to persist with a 4231 formation and the style Ole is trying to develop, we'll need another player capable of playing DM. This would be augmented somewhat if we sign a first XI centre back who has pace and ability on the ball. Williams was thrown in at the deep end and he responded really well to it, even though he's right footed playing left back (yes, his form tapered off following the Southampton game where he got smashed).

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Some of the touches by Mejbri have been absolutely class. Really hope to see him deployed a little deeper though.

Number32

I do but his love in for Diarra is something else.

Horses for courses that half, Laird, Mengi, Bernard have done well defensively.
Overall Bernard has a decent game, but their second goal was partialy his mistake. I know Devine was out of position on the left back, but Bernard should switch to cover the area, so Devine could run to the centre half position. Laird and Mengi didn't help either.

My point is why we couldn't defend as a unit instead of individual skills? Do we have any defensive coach? The first team also did this mistake so often though.

Zoo

3-3 good goal. Elanga impressing again in the build up.

In Rainbows

Apart from 2 slips, Garner has been better in the 2nd half.

Puigmal hasn't dealt with the physical nature of the game well. He did a good job creating that chance for Mejbri though.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Super finish.

Garner has been very erratic last few minutes. Gives the ball away easily at times. Needs to do the simple things better.

Elanga on the other hand doesn't look to waste a pass