Huw Edwards named (but not accused) by his wife as BBC presenter at centre of allegations | The Sun confirmed as the fungus that grows on pond scum

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
This is probably one of the rare occasions that Redcafe and RAWK might actually agree on something - that The Sun is the lowest form of pond life

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
You’ll have to explain this whole “BBC deliberate self harm” conspiracy theory to me. We’re claiming that they gave this story too much coverage, to distract from other stories in the news? Surely the obvious reason they went big on this one was the need to be seen to not try and hide one of their own from scrutiny? Because we all know exactly what would happen if they were seen to give this story not enough coverage. Where would the sweet spot be? How much coverage should it have got, exactly, to avoid being accused of some sort of malfeasance?
Exactly - if anything they oversteered

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson's mates at The Sun, ran this story and embellished it to cause the most amount of chaos, knowing it would force the BBC into a corner and make them go overboard in their coverage.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson's mates at The Sun, ran this story and embellished it to cause the most amount of chaos, knowing it would force the BBC into a corner and make them go overboard in their coverage.
Occam's Razor doesn't require a Johnson angle for them to do this.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
yeah the Johnson stuff is a bit much. Not everything’s a dead cat, and anyway he’s out of the picture anyway.

It’s far more likely that The Sun simply saw an opportunity to hurt the BBC (Murdochs main purpose) as well as riding the Schofield scandal sales slip stream… and they’re all such nasty immoral cnuts they thought they could get away with it cos they usually do.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
yeah the Johnson stuff is a bit much. Not everything’s a dead cat, and anyway he’s out of the picture anyway.

It’s far more likely that The Sun simply saw an opportunity to hurt the BBC (Murdochs main purpose) as well as riding the Schofield scandal sales slip stream… and they’re all such nasty immoral cnuts they thought they could get away with it cos they usually do.
He's not out of the picture though, is he?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
He's not out of the picture though, is he?
He kind of is though. For now anyway. And The Sun were one of the papers that turned on him in the end when they saw the way the wind was changing. Murdoch’s a cancer but he knows when to get off a politicians train when it’s expedient. There’s no cache in supporting Boris when Murdoch can fulfil his aims another way - one of which has always been to destroy the Beeb. It makes far more sense to pursue that this way than in some long game to rehabilitate Johnson.

World War II?
:lol:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Has he or his wife used the word 'gay' yet? I get why people think it's the most likely explanation, I wouldn't be at all surprised by it, but it kinda feels at best somewhat rude to assume all the 'living a lie' cliches that come with it.
I saw one report where they referred to the young person as she but that could have been an error. I think everyone is assuming it is a young man due to the persistent use of the term young person.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I saw one report where they referred to the young person as she but that could have been an error. I think everyone is assuming it is a young man due to the persistent use of the term young person.
It's that people can be sexually interested in both their wife of many years and also young men that I was getting at. Calling him gay (which he may well be) implies the marriage was never an honest one.