Hypothetical Question - Hazard for Pogba?

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Been giving this abit of thought recently. I can forsee a scenario where Madrid want Pogba but cannot afford him and may offer Hazard in a straight swap? United want to sell but realistically know Pogba's value has plummeted since covid. Hazard has had a horrendous time since joining, mostly due to injuries but also his poor attitude to training and not committing to staying in shape for preseason.

Could both teams save face by agreeing to such a transfer? Would Madrid even offer it? Are they nearing the point of wanting to cut their losses on him? Personally i would probably gamble on it and take Hazard, despite his fitness issues, for the obvious reason of him being an incredible player proven in the prem. But could he be another problem (like Alexis was) in the making?

jamesjimmybyrondean

No. You listed all the redflags about Hazard. You're not saving face with how underwhelming Pogba turned out by swapping with Hazard after seeing him in Madrid

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hazard is an accident waiting to happen. I mean, the clue is in the name.

will-CT-

As long as we get David Goggins to be his personal trainer.

I'd rather swap for a midfielder. They're never giving us Valverde so I suppose we can try a swap with Juventus for Bentancur. We all know they'd offer us Ramsey as a pisstake but who knows if Woodward decides to negotiate something properly for once.

Can7onA

Yeah lets swap one underperforming player for another. What could go wrong.

RUCK4444

Hazard with a point to prove could still be the best player in the league but just can’t see that whole scenario playing out tbh.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No. A 30 year old left winger with injury issues and motivational problems are not what we need.

A fully fit Hazard is possibly the best player in the league, but I think that player has gone now.

SATA

Don’t think there’s any Madrid player that is worth thinking to swap or purchase now. Perhaps Varane only but even his form seems to be dodgy lately

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I gave up on Pogba a long time ago but cash only please as long as it is reinvested.

Don't think we are all that far away now though - competition for LB will hopefully improve that. We need a CB, a RW(!) and a class CM or two. We also need a total coaching overhall. I am hoping we can get a couple of seasons out of Cavani to save spending there.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Don’t think there’s any Madrid player that is worth thinking to swap or purchase now. Perhaps Varane only but even his form seems to be dodgy lately
Valverde looks a player

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sanchez <-> Mkhtaryan 2.0
Players at 27/28+ with questionable performances and underlying stats in recent years, poor injury records and huge reputations are a trap. Sanchez showed it. Griezmann showed it. Hazard showed it to Madrid already. They come with huge wages, occasional quality performance but more and more niggling injuries, and then more and more time to get up to speed after injury to get to full form. You might get 1 comeback top season out of them, but likelihood is they won't turn it around completely or its short lived. Pogba is a player who has shown a decline in his own performances the last couple of years, and more frequent injuries. Same with Hazard. Neither have shown the level of dominance they did a few years ago, when even with critics, they put in the top underlying stats that gave them those reputations.

USREDEVIL

no no no..wait maybe....no!

Dude is getting worse by the minute. Swap deals are for low level players. Get the $$ for Pogba and get Sancho or Haaland.

RoyH1

Nah, he's injured constantly now and probably will never be the player he was for Chelsea.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
I really miss watching Hazard play, i'm biased but for me the best player in the premier league over the seasons he was here. However that being said, at 30 with his injuries and current form i don't think we'd recognise him if he came back.

James Peril

Languishing in 9th and naaah.... we don’t want Pogba or Hazard. Books closed right? Only Man Utd.

Oranges038

Christ no. Would be Sanchez 2.0.

He didn't want to come first time round, feck him he can Bale himself out of Real.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Sell Pogba and replace with somebody who’d want to be here. Potentially Grealish.

Threesus

This would be such an awful signing. Hazard is no longer the player he once was and has began to suffer repeated injuries. If we are selling Pogba, only cash should be involved.

That said, I would have loved to have him here in 2012. Still can't believe we didn't pay 5 million in agent fees for him, but we paid 20 or 30 million for Pogba. A player like Hazard would have helped us win something more than a league cup or a Europa League. One of those players you couldn't help but admire, even if he played for another team.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I've heard that even though he is a young player- Odegaard hasnt exactly done much so far at Madrid. The club and Zidane are not the best at developing or managing young talent so I wouldn't mind trying for him for Pogba.

Grealish as a LAM and Odegaard as a RAM is just a difference in how we could play to only ever tactically sticking to inverted forwards like Rashford or Greenwood on left and right. Might be worth it if we can swap Pogba for a left footed RAM/AM.

Gwhizz

Let's play devil's advocate, swap a player who's on our bench for a player who's ripped it up in the same league consistently for years? No strings attached? Yes pleaae

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Hazard checked out mentally the minute he got his move to Real.

Worked hard for years to get the move he wanted, got it, rather than kick on, he figured 'I've made it' and couldn't even be arsed to turn up to preseason in any sort of shape.