Hypothetically, if we actually went for major changes to the squad which players would you desperately like to retain?

r1z3mu

Surprising so many people are keeping Sancho... He'd be one of the first ones I'd bin off in a perfect world
I agree, but unfortunately his 350K/week guarantees that we are stuck with him too. I was amazed how much money MC recovered by selling their players this summer. We still keep paying Phil Jones, Bailly, Bradon Williams, DVB and many more. And those who are gone are simply out of contract. Just curious if we are worst run team in PL.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I agree, but unfortunately his 350K/week guarantees that we are stuck with him too. I was amazed how much money MC recovered by selling their players this summer. We still keep paying Phil Jones, Bailly, Bradon Williams, DVB and many more. And those who are gone are simply out of contract. Just curious if we are worst run team in PL.
Oh be curious no more...

We definitely are, though @SilentWitness might beg to differ.

Ricardo de la Vega

None. Keep the kids. I'd probably keep Sancho because he's been signed into a total shitshow - there must be a player there somewhere though. Other than that everyone can go. Every single one of them. Maybe Varane too I'd keep actually.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Varane, if he’s fit. That’s it. Bruno has lost his mojo and we can’t wait years for him to find it again.

We’ll be stuck with most of them because of wages. We are going to be more entertaining to watch to laugh at than for our football this year.

m1tch

I guess the 3 new signings plus Sancho (obviously not based on form for us but based on the investment). Could keep a few more as squad players but it really wouldn't matter if we didn't.

jem

Not a single one of them. Sure I don't mind having the likes of Eriksen and Varane on the team, but there is not only player that I'd desperately want to keep. I can tell you who I'd desperately love to get rid of: McTominay, Fred, Shaw, Maguire, Dalot, AWB, Bruno, Ronaldo (not because he isn't good enough but it's just more toxic fuel to the fire having him around), Rashford, Sancho (a spectacular flop thus far), De Gea.

Last edited:

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I would say Eriksen, Sancho and Varane showed in the past that they can be integral parts of top teams. Donny as well to a certain extent, although EtH not picking him hints to him being suitable only to a very concrete set-up.
Ronaldo and de Gea both got my respect, but for a fresh start I would ideally look somewhere else.
No idea about the new lads and the youngsters.

BaneIsPain

I would keep varane, bruno, malacia, sancho, eriksen, martinez, and fred. None of them deserve a starter imo. We need to overhaul 1st 11.

Von Mistelroum

Desperately? None of them.

I would prefer to keep Sancho, Eriksen, Varane, and I like the look of Malacia. They are the only ones that I imagine would do well at a top club.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Wouldn't be sad to see any of them go, but would like to give the new arrivals an opportunity at least.

We should get whatever we can for Sancho while we still can.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Oh be curious no more...

We definitely are, though @SilentWitness might beg to differ.
I think we were definitely on the same level before this season began but despite us also losing both of our first games I’d argue we are in a better position from them. We had arguably harder games and we only lost by a goal in each and both could have been a draw if we took our chances and would have been a fair result. You were soundly beaten in each. We also have a new stadium on the horizon because although Goodison is lovely and a part of history it’s not able to upkeep with the modern game whereas your owners are not doing that. I feel like we are trying todo better with our transfers and wages and have made some astute signings this summer. It remains to be seen but Martinez for c.60m seems wild so far. Obviously this will be better judged later in the season but it feels like Everton is turning a corner slightly in the way it is run.

fallengt

Varane, Malacia, Sancho, Eriksen, I'd give Bruno another season. Bin the rest

redmanc

At this stage, i'd keep the kids, the new signings deserve a chance, but beyond that they can all go, each and every one of them has a part to play in how poor the team has been.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Desperately? No one, expect for the younger guys perhaps — Hannibal, Amad, Garnacho, Iqbal.
Sancho & Varane haven't yet impressed but they still have a benefit of a doubt.
Eriksen, Martinez & Malacia still get time to prove themselves. I'd reserve my judgement of Martinez — it was obvious that he would need time to adjust. wherever he's going to be able to do it or not is another matter.
Bruno is someone who I'd still like to retain but he really needs to step up.

That's about it. I still love De Gea and he'll forever be a legend of this club, but he's simply not good enough and hasn't been for many years (aside from a good spell last season); I enjoy watching Bailly play when he's on form but let's not kid ourself that he can be relied upon; Fred on his day can look like a brilliant footballer but in the next game he'd lose every other ball and send a couple of them to row Z with pathetic attempts at shooting; Rashford hasn't been anywhere near his pre-injury level and, more importantly, he seems to be completely devoid of any hunger — which is the very thing that you'd ideally need to get rid of in order to build a squad that is going to be ready to challenge for titles.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
On Saturday's showing, no one who started - I can't believe I actually think that. Of course, realistically you have to give the new guys a chance, preferably in a team not packed with the likes we have right now. Within the squad (prepare for incoming abuse), I'd keep Lindelof, and Varane, if he can stay fit and get a run in the side. The youngsters not yet given a game should also be retained...

back in the day, it was easy to say who had a very poor game on a given day. No it's hard to find someone who wasn't rank awful