I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperiorXI

I think people got the wrong idea with what she was trying to say

She was basically saying that if they left it would force the media companies hand to make some changes because of the clout they had

Easily misconstrued to sound like "they should come off to avoid abuse"... Still wrong in any case. It shouldn't need people leaving the platform for them to do something.

big rons sovereign

Wtf is this? :houllier:
I see what she's getting at but it's a poorly posed question.
If she'd said all footballers rather than black ones, then maybe it wouldn't have come across quite so badly and the point would remain the same.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I think people got the wrong idea with what she was trying to say

She was basically saying that if they left it would force the media companies hand to make some changes because of the clout they had

Easily misconstrued to sound like "they should come off to avoid abuse"... Still wrong in any case. It shouldn't need people leaving the platform for them to do something.
If everyone came off Twitter it would go out of business and do the world a large favour in the process.

Governments need to sort these issues. Social media is a "cancer" on our society as it's being used at the moment. It's not just social media though, there are lot of other aspects of social media and smart phone culture generally that are a huge problem. I consider myself on the libertarian side but Twitter especially is equatable to something like opium / heroin in my view and needs government control.

SuperiorXI

If everyone came off Twitter it would go out of business and do the world a large favour in the process.

Governments need to sort these issues. Social media is a "cancer" on our society as it's being used at the moment. It's not just social media though, there are lot of other aspects of social media and smart phone culture generally that are a huge problem. I consider myself on the libertarian side but Twitter especially is equatable to something like opium / heroin in my view and needs government control.
Yes it is now completely out of control and largely unchecked because this is the internet, it's not like out on the street where anything you say or do is more easily captured.

The problem is finding a balance between stopping it from happening outright and maintaining the freedoms we take advantage of.

SirMarcusRashford

At the end of last season i was paying £1 a month for Sky Sports Mobile on NowTV, you can't go wrong at that. I cancelled at the end of last season and never got this offer back again, so wish i kept it going now.

I keep trying to find this offer (or similar again), i missed one at Christmas £4 for 4 months.

GledTheRed

At the end of last season i was paying £1 a month for Sky Sports Mobile on NowTV, you can't go wrong at that. I cancelled at the end of last season and never got this offer back again, so wish i kept it going now.

I keep trying to find this offer (or similar again), i missed one at Christmas £4 for 4 months.
You cancelled a £1 a month contract for Sky Sports?

SirMarcusRashford

You cancelled a £1 a month contract for Sky Sports?
I did yes, it was just Sky Premier League. at the end of last season and no football for 3 months, i thought i'd get the offer back when the season started, i never did, If i kept it on i probably would have kept getting it for £1.

I won''t make that mistake again, I'm currently paying about £2 a month for Sky Cinema and all Sky's library of movies, i don't watch it all that much (watch NetFlix more), but for £2 a month its not worth being without.

tomaldinho1

Wtf is this? :houllier:
I don't really get the issue if she's been asked to talk about that point? Assume it's something people are asking in public and has filtered into Sky's points for discussion - which doesn't mean it's a good idea - but makes for debate. I actually think that is the solution though, not that minorities leave social media but that the human race as a whole bins it off because it's long term negative effects are so profound.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’m a bit late to the IPTV party but I finally got around to getting a fire stick set up around Christmas. £50 for the year with all sports and movies Netflix/prime content tv shows etc It’s amazing value and there’s no issues at all with playback beyond exiting and reloading the odd episode of a show if it crashes. The live stuff is perfect. The novelty wears off pretty fast but it’s perfect for all this hanging out at home.

sky sports by itself is a bit of a rip off at this stage

hubbuh

I did yes, it was just Sky Premier League. at the end of last season and no football for 3 months, i thought i'd get the offer back when the season started, i never did, If i kept it on i probably would have kept getting it for £1.

I won''t make that mistake again, I'm currently paying about £2 a month for Sky Cinema and all Sky's library of movies, i don't watch it all that much (watch NetFlix more), but for £2 a month its not worth being without.
You only stood to save 3 quid! :lol:

hubbuh

I’m a bit late to the IPTV party but I finally got around to getting a fire stick set up around Christmas. £50 for the year with all sports and movies Netflix/prime content tv shows etc It’s amazing value and there’s no issues at all with playback beyond exiting and reloading the odd episode of a show if it crashes. The live stuff is perfect. The novelty wears off pretty fast but it’s perfect for all this hanging out at home.

Feel like a nob for asking but I'm assuming this is illegal? If so, where did you find this for £50? I'm in a Whatsapp group and a fella offered some IPTV sticks but was charging £100 a pop.

big rons sovereign

Feel like a nob for asking but I'm assuming this is illegal? If so, where did you find this for £50? I'm in a Whatsapp group and a fella offered some IPTV sticks but was charging £100 a pop.
It's usually £50 fer a subscription and you install it onto a fire stick, or they'll sell you a firestick set up for around £100.
Either way, compared to forking out for both sky and bt for football it's a no brainer.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
well you need to buy the fire stick so £100 all in seems about right if everything is included. If you want more info Pm me and I can point you in the same direction my friend pointed me. He does some installation work for Sky so he knows his stuff :wenger:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I don't really get the issue if she's been asked to talk about that point? Assume it's something people are asking in public and has filtered into Sky's points for discussion - which doesn't mean it's a good idea - but makes for debate. I actually think that is the solution though, not that minorities leave social media but that the human race as a whole bins it off because it's long term negative effects are so profound.
Indeed. I took her question as an attempt to create a jumping off point for Morrison to talk about the subject, rather than a suggestion that anyone should come off of Twitter.

My radar might not be totally on point about this issue I'll admit, I'd be interested to know how Morrison took it.

Deery

Dreary

Same, took an IPTV subscription out in November because of the PPV’s for 3 months it’s payed for itself already.

I have just subscribed again today for a year this time round but it’s cost me £71 for a year, good service though and only buffers the odd time plenty of movies in it too.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Don't buy a firestick that's pre-installed. They're normally run by people that don't understand the resources used.

You're much better off buying a firestick yourself and shopping around for a good provider.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic

Surely to be getting these types of offers you must actually be Marcus Rashford.

Deery

Dreary

Is the zero broken on your laptop? :confused:

Gjx

Don't pay for any firesticks/IPTV etc, everything they provide is freely available and easily accessed online. If you can read then you can set it up yourself, don't pay some dude a oner to copy and paste a few files onto a stick.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

MiceOnMeth

Don't pay for any firesticks/IPTV etc, everything they provide is freely available and easily accessed online. If you can read then you can set it up yourself, don't pay some dude a oner to copy and paste a few files onto a stick.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Are you talking about the likes of Reddit streams? Because they are nowhere near as reliable as a dedicated iptv service.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Are you talking about the likes of Reddit streams? Because they are nowhere near as reliable as a dedicated iptv service.
Could have viruses as well.

I remember getting a link from someone here that was flagged as malicious by my anti virus.

acnumber9

Is the zero broken on your laptop? :confused:
Sky Sports Mobile month pass are £5.99 as standard. But you can only watch on a mobile device so not really worth it unless you watch on your phone.

MiceOnMeth

I want to get an iptv service I am just really afraid of being ripped off and don't know where to look
The good ones will have a group chat on the likes of WhatsApp and Telegram. Of course that doesn't mean they won't get shut down eventually but it's a bit of piece of mind that they'll always be online to help with any issues.

Furious George

I consider myself on the libertarian side but Twitter especially is equatable to something like opium / heroin in my view and needs government control.
I've successfully used twitter to meet and seduce a string of increasingly ropey women over these past 10 years.
I frown upon your government control suggestion.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
What if you chromecast it to the TV?
I would guess they have blocked that.

I remember going into a tech shop asking to hook up my tablet to the tv and the guy, in fairness to him, said it would be blocked.

If you know your way around rooting and coding, you may be able to unblock it.

AaronRedDevil

I would guess they have blocked that.

I remember going into a tech shop asking to hook up my tablet to the tv and the guy, in fairness to him, said it would be blocked.

If you know your way around rooting and coding, you may be able to unblock it.
Crap. Guess I'm never getting Sky sports. Way too damn expensive.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Crap. Guess I'm never getting Sky sports. Way too damn expensive.
I would get the mobile app and just buy the biggest screen size mobile that there is. 7 a month is much better than 72 a month.

Sky really should just have a premier league only package for ten to 15 euros a month.

AaronRedDevil

I would get the mobile app and just buy the biggest screen size mobile that there is. 7 a month is much better than 72 a month.

Sky really should just have a premier league only package for ten to 15 euros a month.
I'd pay that.

Gjx

Know plenty of people burnt by the Kodi sticks and boxes, never heard of anyone being robbed by a free river. Lots of the satellite cardsharers moved to IPTV and they were shady as shit. I'm sure there's some good ones out there but it's really not that hard to find decent free sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.