I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnie_ni

On a side note. My parents sky bill actually didnt really come down with the pause.

The upped the prices of other things and it virtually wiped out the saving according to my mother

TheLiverBird

Still problems.

1 - Not everyone has people to split with.
2 - That offer was limited time only.
3 - You dont get the full season, many games dont air on sky. For fans of clubs not part of the big 6, this is more than half of their games, a lot of games.
4 - Now tv is lower quality than illegal services, something sky should be ashamed off.
I think your somewhat miss selling it here pal

1. I know a lot of people won’t have people to split it with, which is why I mentioned/asked if said person knew anyone to split with, if your in that position where you can split it with folks, this is a fantastic option

2.The offer comes available at the start of every season, so naturally it won’t be advertised just yet as the current season hasn’t finished yet, you just need to keep looking out for it on their website, this is my second season where I’ve purchased this NowTV Sky sports season pass

3. You do get the full season, that is the full Sky Sports Season, everyone knows they don’t air every single match, BT Sport and Amazon have some too obviously, but it’s full Sky Sports you are purchasing, and of course the teams lower down the table don’t get as much air time, but I assume many are still football fans and watch other games if theirs aren’t showing?

4. To say NowTV is lower quality than illegal services is ridiculous, you make it sound like it’s blurry and glitchy, it’s HD quality and totally solid, I’ve never had an issue with it, it’s better than Sky standard definition by a long way! You (not you personally) have to be a real tech nerd to not be happy with the picture quality, but to us normal folks that just want to watch good quality sports, it’s crystal clear

I’m only trying to help someone out with a “possible” solution for Sky sports

3 people can share it and have full Sky sports for £76 for the season, equivalent to £7 a month, it’s a steal

that is incredible value, and it’s hassle free and secure (Sky owns NowTV)

Last edited:

Tiber

On a side note. My parents sky bill actually didnt really come down with the pause.

The upped the prices of other things and it virtually wiped out the saving according to my mother
That's weird. Mine came down significantly and no other prices chnaged

big rons sovereign

Standard procedure. Same in supermarkets with all the MEGA SUPER DUPER OFFERS! 10p off coffee means 10p on bogrolls.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
I think your somewhat miss selling it here pal

1. I know a lot of people won’t have people to split it with, which is why I mentioned/asked if said person knew anyone to split with, if your in that position where you can split it with folks, this is a fantastic option

2.The offer comes available at the start of every season, so naturally it won’t be advertised just yet as the current season hasn’t finished yet, you just need to keep looking out for it on their website, this is my second season where I’ve purchased this NowTV Sky sports season pass

3. You do get the full season, that is the full Sky Sports Season, everyone knows they don’t air every single match, BT Sport and Amazon have some too obviously, but it’s full Sky Sports you are purchasing, and of course the teams lower down the table don’t get as much air time, but I assume many are still football fans and watch other games if theirs aren’t showing?

4. To say NowTV is lower quality than illegal services is ridiculous, you make it sound like it’s blurry and glitchy, it’s HD quality and totally solid, I’ve never had an issue with it, it’s better than Sky standard definition by a long way! You (not you personally) have to be a real tech nerd to not be happy with the picture quality, but to us normal folks that just want to watch good quality sports, it’s crystal clear

I’m only trying to help someone out with a “possible” solution for Sky sports

3 people can share it and have full Sky sports for £76 for the season, equivalent to £7 a month, it’s a steal

that is incredible value, and it’s hassle free and secure (Sky owns NowTV)
It is only 720p and has a lot of issues with dropping to SD on the big games. Illegal stream services moved to 1080p a few years back. But if you have a 720p TV then maybe it does look crystal clear for you.

Also you assumed wrong I watch other team's games, occasionally but most of the time not, I am typically only interested in LCFC games. This season under Rodgers, and been in a CL spot, we have had a lot more aired on BT/Sky than normal but there is still a fair few games not shown. In our title season when I think our last 9 or 10 were all shown in a row, that was more along the lines of what they should be doing. For every game they don't show I have to find another source to watch it.

There is a sky staff member who posts on another forum who admitted sky don't want to push Now TV to too good quality as it would eat into their satellite sub's which have higher prices.

TheLiverBird

It is only 720p and has a lot of issues with dropping to SD on the big games. Illegal stream services moved to 1080p a few years back. But if you have a 720p TV then maybe it does look crystal clear for you.

Also you assumed wrong I watch other team's games, occasionally but most of the time not, I am typically only interested in LCFC games. This season under Rodgers, and been in a CL spot, we have had a lot more aired on BT/Sky than normal but there is still a fair few games not shown. In our title season when I think our last 9 or 10 were all shown in a row, that was more along the lines of what they should be doing. For every game they don't show I have to find another source to watch it.

There is a sky staff member who posts on another forum who admitted sky don't want to push Now TV to too good quality as it would eat into their satellite sub's which have higher prices.
I don’t quite get what your trying to prove??

I’ve had my Sky Sports through Now TV for 2 years now shared between 2 other people at a cost equivalent to £7 a month

during that period it has been absolutely flawless

we’ve got a smart 4K ultra HD TV and it shows impressive picture quality

I just want to share this info with other people who might view this as an alternative cheap option which it is

OverratedOpinion

I’ve had my Sky Sports through Now TV for 2 years now shared between 2 other people at a cost equivalent to £7 a month

I just want to share this info with other people who might view this as an alternative cheap option which it is
I am pretty sure it is 1080p with boost.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Baffling that the main providers havent introduced a streaming-only package. I cant get BT or Virgin and dont really want to put a satellite dish up. I would happily pay a few quid a month to just create an online account and stream through their website though.

Big hopes for Amazon, going forward - especially after COVID where I think the leagues will have to take a serious look at broadcasting policy/rights etc.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC

Your first line seems to be taking a defensive tone, I also wonder why you feel the need to keep replying as if you need to push this story. I do question how you can't tell something is running at 720p/480p hybrid on a 4k tv, some may remember that there was complaints of game of thrones been better quality on youtube than now tv. Not to mention as I said a sky staff member even acknowledges the quality issues.

I don't doubt compared to satellite sky its good value for money, and I myself have occasionally brought week or month passes of now tv. Its better than their satellite service in my opinion, so in that respect I don't disagree with you. I just feel they lagging behind other streaming services who have moved onto 1080p/4k and are cheaper for what they provide and of course I consider it a partial service only when it doesn't air every game.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Baffling that the main providers havent introduced a streaming-only package. I cant get BT or Virgin and dont really want to put a satellite dish up. I would happily pay a few quid a month to just create an online account and stream through their website though.

Big hopes for Amazon, going forward - especially after COVID where I think the leagues will have to take a serious look at broadcasting policy/rights etc.
There'll be a force majeure clause, no doubt that, nodowwhassoever

starman

Now TV?

carpy

Puff the magic dragon

It's 1080p with Boost. I've heard people complain about the picture quality on Now TV a fair bit but I've watched plenty of games on it and never had a problem. I can't just be that lucky (have a 4k TV as well so it's not anything to do with having a lower quality of TV). Might it be an internet speed issue people are having?

big rons sovereign

It's 1080p with Boost. I've heard people complain about the picture quality on Now TV a fair bit but I've watched plenty of games on it and never had a problem. I can't just be that lucky (have a 4k TV as well so it's not anything to do with having a lower quality of TV). Might it be an internet speed issue people are having?
I've always found Now TV to be garbage. Bad picture, freezes or just stops working.
Although the last time I used it I had SKY broadband. Shite.
Iptv all the way these days.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
PICK TV HD was launched today

Live Premiership Football FTA on Pick TV HD

Friday 19th June

Norwich v Southampton (6pm)

Sunday 21st June

Newcastle v Sheffield United (2pm)

Everton v Liverpool (7pm)

Wednesday 24th June

Manchester United v Sheffield United (6pm)

Thursday 25th June

Burnley v Watford (6pm)

Sunday 28th June

Watford v Southampton (4:30pm)

Tuesday 30th June

Brighton v Manchester United (6pm)

Wednesday 1st July

Bournemouth v Newcastle (6pm)

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Going to end up cancelling mine, any bit of shit weather and it goes tits up. Seriously? This day and age and we still get this bullshit.

crossy1686

career ending
You feckers paying for sky and BT are insane, or filthy rich. I’d watch a stream a solid 10 minutes behind before I paid what they want for the football.

MiceOnMeth

You feckers paying for sky and BT are insane, or filthy rich. I’d watch a stream a solid 10 minutes behind before I paid what they want for the football.
Yeah feck that. There are to many entertainment options that take up my time these days to be paying 50 quid for sky sports. Until there's a fairly priced streaming option I won't be paying a cent for football again.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
How much is Sky Sports anyway?

I have a much better one and they show every single PL matches, CL, Europa League & international matches. But you'll need to pay for VPN as well since it's only available in Australia, so I don't know which one is cheaper. Commentary is official PL commentators.

It's an out dated business model.

Ultimately SKY and BT need to be able to move to a model where customers can pay a flat fee each august to stream all their teams games for the season (regardless of kick off time).

Deery

Dreary

I have a much better one and they show every single PL matches, CL, Europa League & international matches. But you'll need to pay for VPN as well since it's only available in Australia, so I don't know which one is cheaper. Commentary is official PL commentators.
Sky sports itself is £21 a month, but you need sky entertainment to get sports which is £25 a month, so altogether it’s £46 a month. Then you need broadband which is £30 a month so overall about £76 a month without Netflix or Movies..

crossy1686

career ending

I think it's at least over £50 a month for the football on Sky, then you have to pay BT £15 a month to get their games such as Champions League, and then you have to pay another £10 a month to Amazon to get the games shown on there also. All of that and you don't even get the 3 o'clock kick off's.

In Europe, you pay £30 a month for all the football.

Or you get a firestick, pay £5 a month for a VPN and £9 a month for an IPTV and get every channel on the planet.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Sky sports itself is £21 a month, but you need sky entertainment to get sports which is £25 a month, so altogether it’s £46 a month. Then you need broadband which is £30 a month so overall about £76 a month without Netflix or Movies..
£88 per month I pay Virgin for basically everything. Sky/BT Sport, Movies, Broadband, 3 boxes and everything else. Pretty happy with that but wouldn’t fancy paying much more.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Even if you don't get the broadband with them it's about 45 quid and that's supposed to be on 'discount'. They make you pay for the other standard TV pack and also a few extra quid for HD. I'll be cancelling when the contract is up, it's way too much.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Anyone else been done over but taking Sky up on their 'pausing of Sky Sports during the break in football? Noticed my upcoming bill was like £15 more than it used to be (£84 in total), found out once speaking to them it's because you essentially loose any 'deals' you'd haggled with them previously by taking them up on the pausing and thus have to renegotiate your contract with them. Still haven't managed to get my bill down to what I was paying pre lock down but it better than what it would have been had I not happened to look at my bill in advance :mad:

Deery

Dreary
£88 per month I pay Virgin for basically everything. Sky/BT Sport, Movies, Broadband, 3 boxes and everything else. Pretty happy with that but wouldn’t fancy paying much more.
Yeah that’s no too bad for movies and BT sport as well, either way we get rinsed in the UK

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think it's at least over £50 a month for the football on Sky, then you have to pay BT £15 a month to get their games such as Champions League, and then you have to pay another £10 a month to Amazon to get the games shown on there also. All of that and you don't even get the 3 o'clock kick off's.

In Europe, you pay £30 a month for all the football.

Or you get a firestick, pay £5 a month for a VPN and £9 a month for an IPTV and get every channel on the planet.
Feck me that's expensive if what you want to watch is football. Sky Sports is ripping people money off.

Optus Sport is available only for Australia only cost AU$15 per month. With VPN and still give so much cheaper option. But the only options you can watch is EPL, CL, Europa League, International Matches (they usually show World Cup & Euro including the qualification, not sure about friendly), J League & K League (for people who are interested though). And you can rewatch the game again if I am not wrong and expired in 2 weeks. And also I prefer Peter Drury rather than Martin Tyler, Tyler sounds dead nowdays.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Anyone else been done over but taking Sky up on their 'pausing of Sky Sports during the break in football? Noticed my upcoming bill was like £15 more than it used to be (£84 in total), found out once speaking to them it's because you essentially loose any 'deals' you'd haggled with them previously by taking them up on the pausing and thus have to renegotiate your contract with them. Still haven't managed to get my bill down to what I was paying pre lock down but it better than what it would have been had I not happened to look at my bill in advance :mad:
This isn't right mate, mines still showing the same amount, I think you should take it up with them, don't let them swindle more moeny out fo you.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Taking advantage of this unique ultra packed schedule and for the first time ever bought a month of Sky sports through Now TV and BT sports. £34 and £25.

Apart from initially trying to watch BT off their website and it being utterly unwatchable - i then found the app and it's perfect.

Same with Now tv.

So much better than trying to find some unreliable version else where.

Will look out for that "season ticket" someone mentioned earlier.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Embarrassing the narrative Sky are trying to push. Did they say the same last week when City players were on foreign beaches, two days before their final game? Absolute cretins.

Bojan11

Embarrassing the narrative Sky are trying to push. Did they say the same last week when City players were on foreign beaches, two days before their final game? Absolute cretins.
Think you are confused mate.

That’s the headline from the Sky paper round up. It’s Daily Mail who are going with the story.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Think you are confused mate.

That’s the headline from the Sky paper round up. It’s Daily Mail who are going with the story.
Oh right. Didn't know Daily Mail were doing the paper round up for Sky. Must also be Daily Mail controlling Sky's twitter and wording their tweets.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Hilarious isn't it.
We come back in with a 5-0 first leg to cruise through, and the next game another half week away.

Hardly dicing with danger!

Status
Not open for further replies.