I cancelled my Sky Sports subscription

Status
Not open for further replies.

manuchamp88

On a side related note - has anyone been paying attention to Gary Neville lately? He seems to have absolutely lost it after that outburst of support for Mourinho on tv. He usually has a knack for saying the right things but I remember his commentating on the United v Chelsea game completely absurd. He was saying things taking him down completely wrong avenues. His pundit work has been the same. He’s lost that logical knack and seems to be shooting from the hip with no emotional filter anymore. Rather odd
I reckon the general election result sent him over the edge into a frothing mess.

TheLiverBird

that's pretty good, is that watching at two different locations or is this for the 1 location?
2 different locations
Now TV account and BT account is in my name but both services allows you to watch at the same time on 2 different devices

I watch Now TV on my Smart TV and my Dad has a Now TV Usb stick logged into my account

My BT Sport deal which I purchased from Wowcher allows me to watch BT Sports channels on my Sky TV as well as on smartphones/tablets or computers, so my dad can log in to my BT on the BT Sports App at his place and watch it also

you can go down the bone legit routes and get one of these phoney boxes that provides sky and BT for like £30 for the year, but they can sometimes be a hassle, I had one for a year, and it was good, but occasionally services went down, your contacting your supplier etc etc

where as sticking with legitimate suppliers like Now TV and BT is hassle free and reliable, for less than what would be for myself £15 a month for a reliable legitimate service, is more than worth it

Last edited:

TheLiverBird

That sounds a pretty good deal. Did you shop about and out that's the best way to go about it? What other TV packages do you have and what channels do you get in among it all. Tempted to do something similar.
For Sports I always wait for a few weeks before the new season starts, That’s when the likes of Now TV and Wowcher put offers out

2nd year running now that I’ve purchased a Season Ticket Pass with Now TV for full Sky Sports

and it’s the 2nd season running I’ve purchased BT Sport via an offer that Wowcher advertise each year, I just missed out on the £9.99 a month BT Sport offer for the year, but I’m still happy with £13.99

Because I’m signed up to Now TV I get emails with offers for other TV deals outside of sport, £4.99 a month for 3 months of Movies for example, gives me access to Sky movies and all the other movies they have on demand, not a bad selection tbh

Thunderhead

Supports
City
@Thunderhead @Tiber @Liverbird how do you find Now TV performance / reliability? Any buffering / poor quality image? Do you stream on your mobile / tablet or watch on your TV using a Now TV device?

It does seem like good value but I'm wondering what the catch is.
nowtv was awful but now they've added the boost it's good, I watched both cup games with only 1 bit of buffering and that was at the start of the second half of the Ciy United game.

Tango80

I just don't watch it anymore. Their F1 coverage is excellent though.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Was with Sky for 10 years and moved over to Virgin Media. Got Broadband, Phone and the full package with Sky and BT sports and all the movies etc etc in 3 rooms for £86. They put it up after the 12 month introductory offer to £141 so went through to cancellations and got a phone call the next day from retentions team offering me the same as I was paying on the introductory offer.

Pretty happy at that price but wasn’t ever going to pay over £100 per month.

fps

My Sky Hd box has an issue with one of the feeds and they’ve had the gall to tell me it’s £65 for a call out. It’s overpriced to begin with so I’ve told them what they shouldo do and if they don’t I’m cancelling.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I've got a family thing today. Anyone know if I can buy a sky sports day pass and watch the United game whenever I'm ready, or do I need to watch it live?

DVG7

Accusations from Celtic that a recent sky sports exclusive interview with Alfredo Morelos was translated incorrectly. Rangers fans not best pleased either.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
This seems like primarily a U.K. based problem isn’t it? From what I gather on here most people outside of the U.K. manage to get all the PL and relevant CL games under one package, as well as the 3pm games.

There is something very wrong when the country that the football is coming from pays the most and has the hardest time accessing coverage of the matches.
Indeed it is a UK problem that we cant seem to shake off.

Sky has the problem that it is both over priced and too limited in its coverage. Things got worse when they added the rule to have at least 2 retailers selling the games.

If the EPL offered a streaming service direct to consumers so cutting out the middle man's need to make a profit and offered every single EPL game, with also VOD's of games available afterwards, I think they would get subscribers by the millions if priced under £20 month. I would personally pay maybe £50 a month if it included every single LCFC game with VOD's.

5 million subscribers paying £20 a month for a year makes 5.2 billion revenue annually.

Sky has chosen to pay £1,193 million per annum under the terms of the new deal, down £199 million per annum.
So even if i massively over estimated, even at 1 million subscribers, they would still get revenue similar to what sky pay now.

Last edited:

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I am not happy with Sky. I am using it via my internet provider (A1 TV) which means no mediathek for me. So this is 20 EUR just for watching the PL games of United.
For the EL games also pay 12 EUR per month for DAZN.
So this is 32 EUR each month just for watching our crap football.
For watching TV series I need to pay extra again (Netflix, Prime).

On the other hand I am not interested anymore in wasting time with bad streams. I am too old for this shite and earn enough money to afford this luxury.

Oh and the customer service in Austria/Germany is also crap.

LVGSdive

I am not happy with Sky. I am using it via my internet provider (A1 TV) which means no mediathek for me. So this is 20 EUR just for watching the PL games of United.

On the other hand I am not interested anymore in wasting time with bad streams. I am too old for this shite and earn enough money to afford this luxury.

Which country are you in and how is DAZN?

I ask because I am hoping that DAZN comes here and buys the rights to boxing and the premier league.

adedawson

For anyone locked into there Sky contract and wants to get out of it...

1. Upgrade / Downgrade your account, renewing your contract
2. 31 days cooling off period initialised.
3. Phone up cancel.

Your welcome.

klayton88

3. Phone up cancel.

Your welcome.
That seems too easy. They must have something in place to stop you from doing that

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

3. Phone up cancel.

Your welcome.
I'm pretty sure the cooling off period would only allow you to revert back to the package you were on.

Withnail

I'm pretty sure the cooling off period would only allow you to revert back to the package you were on.
I've worked in Telecoms and it should work that way but it would depend on the system.

It could be a loophole in that the system allows a cease in this scenario and the person you are dealing with would have to spot it, and tell you that they can only put you back on what you were on before.

It's also possible the new contract overwrites the old one so there isn't an obvious record of it.

If it was happening a lot they'd be all over it I'd say.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I just upgraded my BT package with the new BT TV deal that now includes all of the NOW TV Sports, Cinema and Entertainment channels through their platform. So now I can access and record all of the freeview channels, BT channels, all the BT Sports channels (including the 4K Ultimate now), all the Sky Sports channels, all the Sky Cinema channels, all the Sky Entertainment channels (Game of Thrones), all the box sets, Box Nation and all the HD companions....all for an extra £35. They've also knocked off £10 from my broadband so I'm only paying an extra £25 a month for the next 24 months and I can now access the whole freaking lot. I can also access Prime Video and Netflix through BT TV now so I don't need to switch anymore and worry about those NOW TV subs. It's awesome! Am very happy with the deal. Now for a new TV.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I just upgraded my BT package with the new BT TV deal that now includes all of the NOW TV Sports, Cinema and Entertainment channels through their platform. So now I can access and record all of the freeview channels, BT channels, all the BT Sports channels (including the 4K Ultimate now), all the Sky Sports channels, all the Sky Cinema channels, all the Sky Entertainment channels (Game of Thrones), all the box sets, Box Nation and all the HD companions....all for an extra £35. They've also knocked off £10 from my broadband so I'm only paying an extra £25 a month for the next 24 months and I can now access the whole freaking lot. I can also access Prime Video and Netflix through BT TV now so I don't need to switch anymore and worry about those NOW TV subs. It's awesome! Am very happy with the deal. Now for a new TV.
What’s your total monthly fee?

Xeno

Don’t mind paying, hell I’d pay £100+ for 4K every United game, I just object to you not being able to watch all the games whereas a Bein sports subscription or equivalent gets you every game in every league.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
What’s your total monthly fee?
My new monthly bill will be £120 for:
Superfast Fibre 76mb Unlimited Broadband with Halo 1 (whatever that is)
Line rental with free evening and weekend calls
BT TV VIP including all BT Sports, all Sky Sports, all Sky Cinema and on-demand movies, all Sky Entertainment, other stuff like AMC, Box Nation etc., all HD channels (including NOW TV) and the 4K Ultimate channel
Netflix
2 x mobile sims with 500 mins, unlimited texts and 6GB data each
Acces to all the BT Wi-fi hotspots across UK (5 million)
1000GB BT Cloud storage

All I really need now is a better TV and the higher capacity recorder (forgot to ask them about it)

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Did everyone enjoy the Gareth Southgate show featuring some football in the background?

How often did they show his gormless fecking head?

fezzerUTD

You need a Express VPN in your life so it can save you your 20 euro a month for what you pay on EPL. You connect to Canada VPN and watch football from dazn in English at no extra cost.

I cannot wait for Dazn UK to come for boxing so I can sub and then switch to other countries coverages.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
We have paused our tv2 premium subscribtion.

Last edited:

King Eric 7

Did it or did you get an error at the end?
I got no error. I got some confirmation page saying thank you for your order. I assume they just haven't set the confirmation page up properly and will suspend it as per my instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.