"I got Louis in order to form a partnership with Ruud"

kkcbl

Amir said:
And far closer to Ruud's style, thus not making him a very good partner for an attack that lacks pace.
IMO, Viduka complements Ruud - the former is a true targetman - strong on the ball, great header of the ball ( one of the best in heading duels & headed goals ), holds the ball well, distributes well, has a great shot & difficult to shake off - Ruud on the other hand, is not a targetman, but a great poacher ( altho' he's improved in his holding & distribution skills, he's piss-poor in his heading abilities, still falls over too often & cannot shoot beyond 15 yards - none of his 98 goals came from outside the box! )

Viduka would have opened out more chances for Ruud, pulled defenders away ( Ruud's now marked by at least 2 defenders nowadays ) & would have added goals as well!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
kkcbl said:
IMO, Viduka complements Ruud - the former is a true targetman - strong on the ball, great header of the ball ( one of the best in heading duels & headed goals ), holds the ball well, distributes well, has a great shot & difficult to shake off - Ruud on the other hand, is not a targetman, but a great poacher ( altho' he's improved in his holding & distribution skills, he's piss-poor in his heading abilities, still falls over too often & cannot shoot beyond 15 yards - none of his 98 goals came from outside the box! )

Viduka would have opened out more chances for Ruud, pulled defenders away ( Ruud's now marked by at least 2 defenders nowadays ) & would have added goals as well!
I think you're overstating Viduka's abilities and understating Ruud's.

kkcbl

Raoul said:
I think you're overstating Viduka's abilities and understating Ruud's.
Perhaps - but you just have to look at that 'awesome' combo of Heskey/Owen... ;)

giggzy

The Fatter Bryan Robson
Viduka and Ruud? :lol:

Viduka would've been good cover that's all... but I suspect he wants more than just a cover, hence his comments about Saha forming a partnership with, Ruud.

Iam not too sure about Saha tbh... but he'd compliment Ruud more than Viduka ever would've...

And Ruud's hold up play's as good as Sparky's.... (Weastey's right... he plays as a 10 and a 9, in our current system.)