Ibrahima Konate’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harold_Giles

And so it begins…rivals tying up transfer targets while we no doubt dither through the summer...
Our season isn't even finished :lol:

Also, Liverpool have seemingly been dithering around his buyout clause for about 2 months, trying to get RB to accept installments.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Pool moving early.
Something we'll never ever do.
Which boils my blood.

I mean we have all season to plan transfers and it blows my mind to think that we dont appear to start negotiations until the window opens.

We should be announcing signings the day after the fecking window opens not scrambling about the night before trying to sign some mid range player.

McGrathsipan

Our season isn't even finished :lol:

Also, Liverpool have seemingly been dithering around his buyout clause for about 2 months, trying to get RB to accept installments.
At least they are dithering during the time for dithering.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Which boils my blood.

I mean we have all season to plan transfers and it blows my mind to think that we dont appear to start negotiations until the window opens.

We should be announcing signings the day after the fecking window opens not scrambling about the night before trying to sign some mid range player.
Juergen has far more cred especially in the German market than we’ll ever have. Not every signing has worked out; Nobby Keita has been a flop but he knows the league far better than anyone else in the PL and is dogmatic in the type of player they need.

We’ll just flap around players we think we need.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Got to admire the speed at which these guys operate. We'd still be monitoring Fabinho had he not already gone there.

McGrathsipan

Juergen has far more cred especially in the German market than we’ll ever have. Not every signing has worked out; Nobby Keita has been a flop but he knows the league far better than anyone else in the PL and is dogmatic in the type of player they need.

We’ll just flap around players we think we need.
YOu can nearly write the script for what will happen.
I have no confidence in a good transfer window.
I am ready and have already accepted the fact that no big signings will come in.

Inigo Montoya

YOu can nearly write the script for what will happen.
I have no confidence in a good transfer window.
I am ready and have already accepted the fact that no big signings will come in.
They will be big in sum only. Sancho is looking more and more likely but if that’s the only one, then Ole should do the decent thing and resign.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He isnt good at defending. He cant tackle. He is always injured. Rashford ripped him apart in the 5-0.

That's what we would be hearing if we signed him.

Inigo Montoya

He isnt good at defending. He cant tackle. He is always injured. Rashford ripped him apart in the 5-0.

That's what we would be hearing if we signed him.
That’s Upemecano, Konate wasn’t as bad. It’s his injury record that has always been in question.
Personally I have no real idea whether it’s good or bad

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Not really worried about this kid, from what I have seen he will need to improve a lot. That said, he has got top end physical traits.

The Hilton

They will be big in sum only. Sancho is looking more and more likely but if that’s the only one, then Ole should do the decent thing and resign.
Why would it be on Ole if the club only signs one of his targets? Unless you're suggesting the only player on the planet he's interested in is Sancho?

Godfather

Which boils my blood.

I know. Although I'm never sure whether we really are that incompetent or whether all that player monitoring talk or talk about who we want is just to appease the fans when in reality we aren't going to spend shit anyway.

I mean that last briefing alone is way too good to be true. 4 players? Never.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Konate is a good player and definitely strengthens Liverpool

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Kloop is very good at finding bargains and turning them into superstars.
At Dortmund, yes. At Liverpool: also yes but I wouldn't call them bargains anymore. Salah and Mane both cost more than £30m if I'm not mistaken, Wijnaldum same price range. Van Dijk and Alisson were very expensive, so was Keita who was a flop.

He's just good at turning very good players into superstars, and those very good players (usually) require an "average" fee instead of fees north of £60m for teenage superstars or already established world class players. Just like with Konate, I wouldn't call €35m or whatever it is a "bargain", it's just that it might look that way if he becomes a genuine superstar yeah.

Ludens the Red

After all their defensive injury problems and the fact Matip and Gomez constantly have injuries it seems remarkable they’re signing Konate who’s played about twenty games in two seasons because of injury.

Inigo Montoya

Why would it be on Ole if the club only signs one of his targets? Unless you're suggesting the only player on the planet he's interested in is Sancho?
I’m not, it’s about what the Glazers are willing to spend

Inigo Montoya

So why would Ole have to resign to do the decent thing? It would be out of his hands.
It’s about respect and cred. He doesn’t need the salary what he needs is the club to back him. If they won’t, why stick around just to fail

hubbuh

After all their defensive injury problems and the fact Matip and Gomez constantly have injuries it seems remarkable they’re signing Konate who’s played about twenty games in two seasons because of injury.
I don't want to hear a damn thing from any scousers/pundits if they have another defensive injury crisis next season.

McGrathsipan

I know. Although I'm never sure whether we really are that incompetent or whether all that player monitoring talk or talk about who we want is just to appease the fans when in reality we aren't going to spend shit anyway.

I mean that last briefing alone is way too good to be true. 4 players? Never.
well it could be 4 players.
But 4 of the same type as the last batch are no good.
This topic needs its own thread

Yakuza_devils

At Dortmund, yes. At Liverpool: also yes but I wouldn't call them bargains anymore. Salah and Mane both cost more than £30m if I'm not mistaken, Wijnaldum same price range. Van Dijk and Alisson were very expensive, so was Keita who was a flop.

He's just good at turning very good players into superstars, and those very good players (usually) require an "average" fee instead of fees north of £60m for teenage superstars or already established world class players. Just like with Konate, I wouldn't call €35m or whatever it is a "bargain", it's just that it might look that way if he becomes a genuine superstar yeah.
Reading this somehow reminds me of SAF. Only the very best manager could constantly pull this off and make it looks easy.

In addition, like SAF, he is also punching above the weight competing with City's riches in PL and won a CL against clubs who have much more funds.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Liverpool getting their business done early....AGAIN. i really hope Utd don't dcik around too long in the transfer window....AGAIN.

Jaxa

Liverpool getting their business done early....AGAIN. i really hope Utd don't dcik around too long in the transfer window....AGAIN.
You're going to be dissapointed ... Again

The best we can hope for in regards to an early announcement is Tom heaton on a free, sigh :(

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Konate is the player I wanted alongside Maguire earlier in the year, would never get beaten in the air, it would be a dominant back four.

The only other CB I can see is Pau Torres now.

Kingslayer18

Liverpool have got themselves a player who has the potential to be one of the best centre backs in the world. They've effectively got their Van Djik replacement early. Really feel we've missed a trick with this one, especially as his release clause wasn't anything ridiculous. I'm sure they put him through an extensive medical due to his injury issues over the last 2 years but what he showed in his breakout season of 2018/2019 makes this transfer worthwhile. We'll look back in 5 years time, when we're still stuck with Lindelof and wonder what could've been

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I think this deal has been "done" since April. Liverpool have appeared to move quickly simply because it was just the release clause to trigger. In theory they've pissed about for a few months

always_hoping

Ibrahima Konate was unused sub in both legs against Liverpool in the Champions league this season. Was there a gentleman agreement in place to not feature against a club he was going to play for the following season?

Very good business by Michael Edwards once again, a pity United don't have someone as competent as him over transfers.

laughtersassassin

Liverpool really operate well on not the biggest budget.

Since winning the league they have added 3 players for the starting 11 or that are starting 11 quality

Jota Thiago Koante

In that time we added 0 or 1 depending how you look at it.

Cavani ( Starting 11 quality the caveat being that one he was free and two he can't play every week)

We still operate in the market very poorly imo. Last summer has made this one so much more difficult. But we say this every second or third season.

Let's hope this summer we are more efficient and effective.

SATA

If we are the ones signing him, the same lot who are praising the dippers for doing this deal quickly will be moaning at how injury prone he is, United are signing the wrong player who can’t keep fit and they would prefer Varane or Pau

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Don't know or care how good he'll be for them but I do wish we'd get better at having at least some deals ready to go at the start of the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.