Ibrahima Konate’

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What happened to the accent in the title? :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Supposedly not going to liverpool now. I wonder are his demands too high or is it known that he’s either nailed on to go somewhere else or wouldn’t pass the medical

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Supposedly not going to liverpool now. I wonder are his demands too high or is it known that he’s either nailed on to go somewhere else or wouldn’t pass the medical
There has to be a medical issue. He isn't getting any minutes for RB Leipzig as well though he's on the bench every match. I honestly cannot think of any other than he's still not fit enough to start because there is no world where Orban, Klostermann and Halstenberg are better at CB than Konate.

I wouldn't think it's any disciplinary issue as well because he was starting often before his injury.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
There has to be a medical issue. He isn't getting any minutes for RB Leipzig as well though he's on the bench every match. I honestly cannot think of any other than he's still not fit enough to start because there is no world where Orban, Klostermann and Halstenberg are better at CB than Konate.

I wouldn't think it's any disciplinary issue as well because he was starting often before his injury.
The rumour was he was going through some sort of medical as well and straight after Liverpool reportedly aren't signing him, so it's probably a fair assumption.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

It’s a real shame, he’s got it all and the potential to be one of the best, if only someone could keep him fit.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Without actually looking into it at all, I do wonder if perhaps they are deliberately doing that so nobody buys him and they can keep him for another season instead of losing him at the same time as Upamecano. Unlikely though.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2020
Scout
By the way, this story has only been reported by SportBILD from Germany. Every other story from less reliable outlets has been based off of their report.

Apparently, the RB Leipzig sporting director contacted Liverpool to ask if there was anything in the Konaté to Liverpool rumours. Liverpool responded by saying that Konaté is "currently not an issue" for the club. We can either read this as Liverpool actually ending their interest in him for now or trying to keep everything quiet until they get everything sorted with the player's entourage.