ICC Champions Trophy 2017

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

"The 2017 ICC Champions Trophy is an ODI cricket tournament scheduled to be held in England and Wales between 1 and 18 June 2017. This will be the 8th edition of the tournament. The top eight teams in the ICC ODI Championship rankings as on 30 September 2015 qualified for the tournament.

On 1 June 2016, it was announced that the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy would be held across three venues: The Oval (London), Edgbaston (Birmingham) and Sophia Gardens (Cardiff).
"

Group A: Australia, Bangladesh, England, New Zealand
Group B: India, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka

ICC Champions Trophy (Official site)
Fixtures (Cricinfo)
Squads (Cricinfo)

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Don't think in the last 8-10 years there has been an ICC tournament where I have been less confident about the Indian team,unless something crazy happens we have no chance

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Don't think in the last 8-10 years there has been an ICC tournament where I have been less confident about the Indian team,unless something crazy happens we have no chance
Yadav has done very well recently and has good pace. Bhuvi and Bumrah will get assistance off the pitch and the conditions. Barring Hardik Pandya, i think it's a very good lineup.

prath92

On the contrary I am actually a little more confident of our bowling than I have been for a while. Bumrah Bhuvi are very good. Yadav too has been bowling well.

We'll probably line up as Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Jadhav, Hardik, Jadeja, Mishra, Bhuvi, Bumrah.
Playing 2 spinners is slightly overkill in England? I would take the spin options in yuvi and jaddu and play shami/Yadav

NinjaFletch

Yadav has done very well recently and has good pace. Bhuvi and Bumrah will get assistance off the pitch and the conditions. Barring Hardik Pandya, i think it's a very good lineup.

ODI pitches in England are absolute roads there will be nothing in them for the bowlers. If we have an exceptionally warm June theres a chance reverse and spin may come in to play (but the 2 new balls make that unlikely) but more than likely you'll get a bit of swing for the first few overs and then absolutely feck all for the bowlers. The only bowlers who won't get annihilated are ones with express pace imo.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
ODI pitches in England are absolute roads there will be nothing in them for the bowlers. If we have an exceptionally warm June theres a chance reverse and spin may come in to play (but the 2 new balls make that unlikely) but more than likely you'll get a bit of swing for the first few overs and then absolutely feck all for the bowlers. The only bowlers who won't get annihilated are ones with express pace imo.
Don't think that is happening anytime soon. Rain all the way :lol:

Moby

Dick
Playing 2 spinners is slightly overkill in England? I would take the spin options in yuvi and jaddu and play shami/Yadav
There's a lot more wrong in that team apart from that (including the presence of your favourite batsman :p ) but that's the team I think will play not the one that should.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
England and Australia are my favourites.

As Pakistan will inevitably do shit, I'll be supporting the Kiwis & hope they win it.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Literally all our batsmen are out of form at the same time. Not a good time to play a tournament.

prath92

Literally all our batsmen are out of form at the same time. Not a good time to play a tournament.
dhawan is in top 5 run getters in ipl. dhoni is getting into form. yuvraj also has played a few innings. Rohit and Rahane are the worries.

There's a lot more wrong in that team apart from that (including the presence of your favourite batsman :p ) but that's the team I think will play not the one that should.
dhoni imo is the least of our worries. He is still india's best keeper and has been in fairly decent form of late. Rohit being off form is a bigger worry imo. Plus jadeja's bowling form too.

Moby

Dick
dhawan is in top 5 run getters in ipl. dhoni is getting into form. yuvraj also has played a few innings. Rohit and Rahane are the worries.

dhoni imo is the least of our worries. He is still india's best keeper and has been in fairly decent form of late. Rohit being off form is a bigger worry imo. Plus jadeja's bowling form too.
Won't say least of our worries to be honest. He's a liability with the bat, as is Yuvraj. It's the same old story with Indian cricket, our legends just don't know when to stop.

Our batting completely depends on Kohli who's been crap this year overall. Don't really have any hopes in this tournament.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
We'll probably line up as Rohit, Dhawan, Kohli, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Jadhav, Hardik, Jadeja, Mishra, Bhuvi, Bumrah.
Mishra isn't in the squad. Ashwin replaces Mishra and that's our team.

First time in a long time that our pace bowling attack is much, much better than our batting. Bhuvi plus Bumrah are excellent LOI bowlers.

Moiraine

I think England have the best limited over players right now. Lets see if they can pick up some form and rhythm for the tournament.

KM

I hope our proud ICC record stands.

4th June, Edgbaston.
It only stands for WC. Pakistan has defeated us in Champions trophy before.
*I'm assuming you're Indian.

KM

Not really looking forward to this tournament really. All the matches so far(warmups and Eng-SA series) have been complete batting fests. It seems 315 is around par here. Ridiculous.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
It only stands for WC. Pakistan has defeated us in Champions trophy before.
*I'm assuming you're Indian.
Yes, indeed. They have a better record in Champions Trophy too, surprisingly.

GailSpaceWynand

Not really looking forward to this tournament really. All the matches so far(warmups and Eng-SA series) have been complete batting fests. It seems 315 is around par here. Ridiculous.
Saw the India- NZ warm-up? NZ hit 180 odd runs all out; I think it'll be opposite - the conditions in England favour fast bowlers more and there has been ample swing. Expect more balanced matches than the ones on the subcontinent.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Rabada not having any of that.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
You're not looking forward to it based on three high scoring chases?

Cloud7

Going to be painful watching a tournament without WI in it :( Backing SA for this. AB is my favorite player and I would love for him to win a big trophy before he retires.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Finding it hard to remember that this tournament starts this week. Care factor just isn't high.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Rabada not having any of that.
Bit of a dead rubber. I've not checked anything as I'm work, but have England made a lot of changes to their team? We threw the match 2 days ago though. 7 runs off the final over with Miller and Morris hitting well and Wood comes up with a peach of a final over.

On topic, we will in all likelihood continue our choking sequences.

paulscholes18

Bit of a dead rubber. I've not checked anything as I'm work, but have England made a lot of changes to their team? We threw the match 2 days ago though. 7 runs off the final over with Miller and Morris hitting well and Wood comes up with a peach of a final over.

On topic, we will in all likelihood continue our choking sequences.
The top order is unchanged, just a few changes to the lower order and bowlers

NinjaFletch

As much as I like Roy and think he's a great player he's horribly out of nick and Bairstow is (as usual) smashing it.

You have to get Bairstow into this side, and there's an obvious slot opening the batting. Roy can come back in when he's found some form again.

Hope Roland-Jones bowls well too, I'm not convinced by Willey or Ball in this format.

paulscholes18

Wood, woakes, Stokes & Alli in for Ball, Willey, Roland and Finn for the 1st match

GailSpaceWynand

England and Australia to make it from Group A. India and South Africa from Group B.

No WI is a bummer.

paulscholes18

England expected lineup
Roy
Hales
Root
Morgan
Stokes
Buttler
Alli
Woakes
Rashid
Plunkett
Wood

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hope the weather stays dry, especially on Sunday!!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
England and Australia are my favourites.

As Pakistan will inevitably do shit, I'll be supporting the Kiwis & hope they win it.
You're kidding? Pakistan aren't going to throw away this golden egg. They'll lose to India in the first game (of course) and then thrash SA and Sri Lanka. At some point they'll want to meet India again - aka the golden egg. These opportunities come along but once a decade.