ICC Cricket World Cup 2023

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Oooh that’s a tight one. horsechoker will put this in the sounds sexual thread

paulscholes18

WTF am I watching, this England side has an average age of 33 and played close to 1000 ODI’s between them, yet look like they have never held a cricket bat before.

ChrisNelson

Bought an England shirt for this World Cup and safe to say it's not getting an airing now - embarrassing!

AshRK

I don't know about worst title defence and all but I will definitely say one of the most underwhelming performances by a champion side who were strong contender to win. With the rate they are going their most important match would be against Netherlands in a battle to not finish last.

prateik

Saw the start.. was busy.. Just saw the score.
what the feck happened?

Isn't Bangalore usually a batting pitch too?

Djemba-Djemba

I imagine Bairstow, Stokes, Moeen, Rashid, Wood and Woakes will all be retiring. Unsure about Root and Malan.

Of the players that won't retire after this WC I wouldn't be picking Livingstone again for the ODI sides.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I imagine Bairstow, Stokes, Moeen, Rashid, Wood and Woakes will all be retiring. Unsure about Root and Malan.

Of the players that won't retire after this WC I wouldn't be picking Livingstone again for the ODI sides.
Livingstone should be a top player but he does look like he needs a kick up the arse.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster

Key thing has to be to prioritise ODIs across the 4 years. Can get away with a mish mash of players for T20 given how much that’s played domestically.

Djemba-Djemba

Must win match, 44/0 after 6 overs.

156 all out in the 34th over.

Wow. You could see their heads had gone in the South Africa innings but I didn't even expect this. Any chance it rains during all our other matches?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'd have Sri Lanka as the worst bowling attack in the comp due to the injuries they have.

Amazing to bat that badly with our line up. Complete shambles. Going out with a bang.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
England didn't prioritise ODI before 2019 and I don't think any team particularly did this time.

India themselves fecked around and gave debuts to a lot of players and kept on resting the main players.

Djemba-Djemba

England didn't prioritise ODI before 2019 and I don't think any team particularly did.

India themselves fecked around and gave debuts to a lot of players and kept on resting the main players.
We absolutely did.

English cricket 2015 -2019 was all about winning the 2019 WC.

IRN-BRUno

The games to come after this will be horrendous, they're clearly done mentally. Not even confident they can beat Netherlands at the moment.

I didn't expect them to win this WC but it's alarming how it's fallen apart so badly. Moeen said yesterday 'If we're going out, we're going out with a bang' but there doesn't seem to be much evidence of that today.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
England didn't prioritise ODI before 2019 and I don't think any team particularly did this time.

We semi did actually but the landscape has changed now.

Djemba-Djemba

The games to come after this will be horrendous, they're clearly done mentally. Not even confident they can beat Netherlands at the moment.

I didn't expect them to win this WC but it's alarming how it's fallen apart so badly. Moeen said yesterday 'If we're going out, we're going out with a bang' but there doesn't seem to be much evidence of that today.
Full on Ashes series down under vibes when we're 3-0 down and the series is already lost but there's still 2 tests to play.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get people retiring mid WC here.

FlawlessThaw

India have played like 25 more ODIs than England have after 2019, so there was a bit more prioritisation there. Even in the ODIs, England played half the time they weren’t bothered. This is just deserved for this England team.

I don’t see it changing though, England play a three ODIs against the West Indies in December and then the next series will be in September next year with Test match players probably rested.

IRN-BRUno

Full on Ashes series down under vibes when we're 3-0 down and the series is already lost but there's still 2 tests to play.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get people retiring mid WC here.
Yeah it does feel like that. At least then you have a larger squad or can bring anyone in but they don't have that option here.

I wouldn't want to throw someone like Rehan Ahmed into this mess but it might be useful to have a few 'injuries' so the likes of Salt and Duckett can come in.

KM

India have played like 25 more ODIs than England have after 2019, so there was a bit more prioritisation there. Even in the ODIs, England played half the time they weren’t bothered. This is just deserved for this England team.

I don’t see it changing though, England play a three ODIs against the West Indies in December and then the next series will be in September next year with Test match players probably rested.

We had 7 captains in 2022 in ODI. That's how seriously we took ODIs.

KM

We semi did actually but the landscape has changed now.
What I meant was that the no team is prioritising ODIs anyways this time. Every team is taking the piss.

FlawlessThaw

More ODIs means feck all if the first choice players aren't playing in them.
I think it’s about getting your entire squad playing in the format as no one plays domestic List A matches anymore.